YesNoOk

JOE (Read 102815 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, June 12, 2014, 05:51:19 pm
Re: JOE
#41  June 19, 2014, 01:42:42 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
You could just make it like Yang's super instead of genei-jin. Instead of extra hits in the animation, you can just have the afterimages attack too. Just an imo thing

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#42  June 19, 2014, 01:45:29 am
I animated the stance

A standing pose is not just shifting parts up and down. Or left and right. You have to redraw the sprites in order for them to look good.
#43  June 19, 2014, 01:48:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
As a shifting parts up and down pose goes it's not a bad one. I can put it in as a placeholder till the real one is complete. Just because I'm tired of seeing him sit still :p
You could just make it like Yang's super instead of genei-jin. Instead of extra hits in the animation, you can just have the afterimages attack too. Just an imo thing
The reason i didn't mention that one is because it's almost exactly how a custom combo works.
#44  June 19, 2014, 05:08:52 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
You could make it like Makoto's super, where all of his attacks get a big damage boost. You could even add something like he can't block while it's activated, but all his moves do like 40-50 percent more damage.

And yeah, that's not the worst shifting parts up and down stance I've ever seen, with a few edits it might actually be good, but Judas is making the stance in exchange for keeping some of the money he pledged. I've seen a preview for it and trust me, it's fucking premium. If any of you remember how good Rikimaru's stance turned out, that was Judas.

Download Last Bout now!
#45  June 19, 2014, 05:47:00 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
I guess I should have asked which cc we are using. I assumed most people preferred the CFJ/Cvs2 version without the extra hits. I hate V-ism personally.

Bonus damage(Id prefer a defense drop with it since not being able to guard is a cc thing too), armor for specials, shadows, etc. This bud's for you!

Id like altered specials properties + shadows + a 7% damage bonus + he can't guard and he takes 7% more damage himself. Maybe bonus chip/dizzy points too

-
-
#46  June 19, 2014, 05:49:13 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Iced came up with an interesting and unique idea too. His suggestion was to make every attack make a ghost Joe that appears in the spot the attack took place in around 2 seconds later. He said to make it do every other attack.

I expanded on this to keep it being every attack. But there is a random chance of the ghost attack occurring within 5 ticks and 600 ticks (that'd be 10 seconds, right?)

An example would be that you would do LP, LP, LP
then you move somewhere else. A ghost of Joe will appear at that spot you made the LP at any time between 3 and 600 ticks. Then another, and another. Do to the random time fluctuations it may not be the same order. Like MK, SP, LK could create ghosts in this order SP, LK, MK due to the random time placement. The max version would probably narrow down the time frame the ghosts would appear so you could control it better?

Also, I updated Joe
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/40jxw081j9vsx6v/AAAet0cumb0_WXejlF5EiYDea
Added the temporary stance @21: as some feedback, moving parts up and down aside. The part on his chest for breathing looks pretty bad in game as it moves. I mean, I know it's a temp thing, but out of the whole thing that part jumps out the most.

Fixed the SP and F+SP using Byakko's method. I had misunderstood what he meant before hand. I thought he meant every other frame should be possadd, then air, then possadd, then air. Though at close range it still jitters a bit do to the air x axis offset not having any push box. Are you sure I shouldn't add width to those?

Fixed alignment too by decreasing the Y axis on all sprites in the sff by 2 pixels.

I really appreciate all the feedback! Would anyone mind volunteering to add in the rest of the get hits so I can go back to working on Ryu till the next batch of Joe sprites come out?

EDIT: Speaking of Width
Notes:
    When collision box display is enabled, the edge width bar is displayed in orange, and the player width bar is displayed in yellow. Where they overlap, the overlapping region is displayed in bright yellow
How do I make this display the width bar? CTRL + C only shows me the CLSNs, not seeing any width boxes

EDIT 2: @Edward Elric: Would you be interested in voicing Joe?
Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:08:20 am by Just No Point
#47  June 19, 2014, 06:16:44 am
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Sure I'm game. What kinda voice do you want?
#48  June 19, 2014, 06:19:13 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well, I was thinking something with a tough guy Brooklyn accent if you can pull that off. If not, just a generic cocky tough guy voice. @SeanAltly: What's your thoughts on the voice since you want him for your own purposes as well?
#49  June 19, 2014, 06:23:01 am
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • jacksonqjones@gmail.com
    • captmugen.weebly.com
well yea i knew the stance needed a lot of editing I was just starting it off
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#50  June 19, 2014, 08:29:11 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
Wasn't width display winmugen only?

-
-
#51  June 19, 2014, 09:26:11 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Not sure about the Brooklyn thing. In my head it sounds too much like Alex's voice from SF3:TS. How about a Jersey accent? Not Jersey Shore levels or anything, but just something a little different from Alex.

Download Last Bout now!
#52  June 19, 2014, 09:52:21 am
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Reading the SF wiki(I know, kill me), Joe is loosely based on martial artist Joe Lewis, who is from North Carolina. I think a southern-ish accent would be cool, as no one from America in SF speaks like they're from that region. Closest southerner would be.......Charlie?
#53  June 19, 2014, 09:53:44 am
Fixed the SP and F+SP using Byakko's method. I had misunderstood what he meant before hand. I thought he meant every other frame should be possadd, then air, then possadd, then air. Though at close range it still jitters a bit do to the air x axis offset not having any push box. Are you sure I shouldn't add width to those?
Changing the width at close range would push the opponent too strongly, it's what you want to avoid. The axis moving forward with short posadds is the only thing you can do, even if it still jitters a little bit, it would be the same with any other method. A velset would be better since it's essentially a shorter but more frequent position shift, but it wouldn't look as good at normal distance.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#54  June 19, 2014, 09:56:03 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I was raised and currently live in North Carolina, so I'd be a good judge of the accent, though I don't have much of one myself. I actually really like that idea, as long as it's not over the top.

EDIT: I did just watch an interview with Joe Lewis and he didn't seem to have much of a NC accent, though.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:59:40 am by Sean Altly
#55  June 19, 2014, 02:26:37 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
So Joe Lewis it is then? Edward, take a look at a few Joe Lewis videos and see if you can sound something like him.

Byakko- okay, since in most cases the opponent shouldn't be just standing there I'll live with the slight 1 tick jitters for very close range. It looks so much better now. And these moves will be THE way to advance forward with Joe! He really is probably going to be a beast on the ground. Guess we'll see where he stands once another character or 2 is finished alongside him.

Wasn't width display winmugen only?
Well it's still in the docs for 1.0 and that stinks!!! >:-(

As for all the suggestions for Raising the Stakes: I'll compile a list of all suggestions and make it into a poll. Though to clarify a name change, this move is better suited to be called "Out of Body Experience" while the second super better matches the name "Driving Up the Stakes". So consider them switched and will be added to the official move list on the 1st post soon
#56  June 19, 2014, 02:35:02 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#57  June 19, 2014, 03:53:31 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Alright then. Will do
#58  June 19, 2014, 04:09:16 pm
I'm pretty sure you still see that yellow horizontal line centered on the character's axis in 1.0 ? I don't pay attention to it anymore so maybe I haven't noticed it was gone, but I don't think it is...
Yes, you can still see the yellow bar that shows the width of the character.
#59  June 19, 2014, 04:40:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah, you're right. I forgot that while messing with it I only set the width to function on the 1st tick of animelem =4. Changed it to animelemtime and now it stays active through the whole move.

Coolness

some quotes for Joe's phone call win pose
iced
"how you doing mister officer parole sir, i am hum.. enjoying a book club. yes. book club.
"yes as a matter of fact i am very happy with my insurance provider."
"goddamnit no, i dont want to trade friday! What dya mean i owe you? oh that... fine.. okay i will take friday's shift"

jnp
"Yeah Honey, going to be working a little late tonight again. I'll be sure to bring milk."
"Hey buddy, how's my little man doing tonight? Daddy will be home real soon!"

iced
"look i dont know who this is , but what i know is ive amassed a very specific set of skills in my life, I will find you and i will kick you."
"what... serving tables..a wedding? A gig is a gig... Im there."
#60  June 19, 2014, 04:50:35 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Joe is getting more and more awesome, Sean @_@ My God, I envy your skills!!

There's something I forgot to say, Joe was the winner of one America Martial Arts tournament, and in the next tournament, he was defeated by Charlie...he should have a special vs against him.
I swear there was something cool here!!