YesNoOk

Basara's WIP thread (Coming back to my normal projects) (Read 1193564 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, October 12, 2010, 08:33:06 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Basara's WIP thread (SFA2 Dan is coming!! Yahoo!!)
#781  October 13, 2021, 08:24:56 am
  • Why,
Thanks guys ;D

And now it's a reality, I make official not just Dan, also Evil Satomi Yajima will be some of my next WIPs... and with this, I'll come back again with Chiho as well to update False Yuka (apart of fixing bugs I'll make a separate character with VG standards to fight back these 2). More details of them in the first post, which was updated ;)

I know where Dan but Satomi Yajima is form ? Good luck to you!
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#782  October 13, 2021, 09:01:54 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Thanks!! ;D Satomi is from Variable Geo series, she's the rival of Yuka Takeuchi, the protagonist of the series, and both work as the Ryu (Yuka) and Ken (Satomi) of the series. The version I want to make is an evil/brainwashed one that appeared in the anime made in the 90s based on the game series :)

Looking forward to seeing how you incorporate some of Miranda's move pool into Satomi (that is, if that's still the game plan).
Indeed, but I've to learn how to play with Miranda to add some of her moves into Satomi, let's see what's happens with that :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 09:13:33 am by Basara Huffman
#783  October 13, 2021, 09:21:38 am
i watched the variable geo anime a few months ago on and off although the anime's story plot is always different to the games' story plots :P your evil satomi mugen convertion reminds me of reu's first attempt to create evil ken back in the good ol dos Mugen era where he wants to create a playable evil ken that is not playable outside Mugen  ;D

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#784  October 13, 2021, 11:22:19 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Very good news!
I'm glad to see Evil Satomi have a chance to exist as well.

I discovered VG series with Mugen in very early days of Mugen.
After some years, I had the chance to test some of the games and watch the anime. (very high quality visually)

Even if the sprites are a bit stereotypical (long legs, tall charcters with very slim bodies) They are good base for good charcters in Mugen.
Hope for more.

I really like your upcoming projects.

I hope one day you can complete AODK characters you started. Like Leonhalt, Bobby, Fuuma.
#785  October 13, 2021, 02:34:31 pm
  • Why,
Oh =O--- thanks to you too!
#786  October 13, 2021, 10:57:16 pm
    • Chile
I hope one day you can complete AODK characters you started. Like Leonhalt, Bobby, Fuuma.
I hope so, too. Even I was thinking to stop Leonhalt and releasing him in his actual state, which is very advanced from Arma_X's original version BTW, I'll thinking in that during these months...

i watched the variable geo anime a few months ago on and off although the anime's story plot is always different to the games' story plots :P your evil satomi mugen convertion reminds me of reu's first attempt to create evil ken back in the good ol dos Mugen era where he wants to create a playable evil ken that is not playable outside Mugen  ;D
Indeed, I was thinking in something like that... I hope to make a good conversion of her...

Oh =O--- thanks to you too!
You're welcome ;)

As I said in the first post, I'll show you advances of them when I get something more concrete, I don't want to release the smoke and don't show anything at all. But in advances, I got Satomi's SFF from NyanKiryu version and making the AIR, and with Dan I'm starting the SFF from scratch, but I got the main palette for him, so wouldn't be a problem ensemble the SFF soon...

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: Basara's WIP thread (With Variable Geo vibes right now)
#787  October 23, 2021, 01:15:59 am
    • Chile

OK, now I got you some advances for my 2 Variable Geo projects: Chiho Masuda (back from the development hell!) and Evil Satomi Yajima (powered by Miranda Jahana!)

1. Chiho Masuda
Getting back on what I made before, he had all basics but a couple of standing punches and that's all. Now she has all punches and kicks, but since I made her SFF from scratch, I'm still adding sprites to her. I'm actually using Sakuraka's Chiho as inspiration right now, I still have to replay VGC (and if I got some more time, AVG2 in my PSX) to get her more, but until now she's 100% playable ATM

2. Evil Satomi Yajima
With her I'm going faster than Chiho since I'm using NyanKiryu's Satomi SFF and I'm making her AIR from scratch. Also she has all basics, all punches and kicks and she's 100% playable, but I'm seeing how to make her different from normal Satomi in poses and other stuff (I have to double voice her and I didn't modify her WAV files yet), but apart of the big portrait, also I made a small portrait to follow the same way than Chiho. And I still have to introduce Miranda sprites on her SFF (you know, like M.Bison cameos on Reu's Evil Ken, you got the idea ;))

#788  October 23, 2021, 02:36:18 pm
Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 02:40:07 pm by ComboAssassin20
#789  October 24, 2021, 01:16:57 am
    • Chile
Thanks, but I'm already using them for my chars :)

#790  October 24, 2021, 08:10:20 pm
  • Why,
AGp?
#791  October 26, 2021, 05:19:32 am

2. Evil Satomi Yajima
And I still have to introduce Miranda sprites on her SFF (you know, like M.Bison cameos on Reu's Evil Ken, you got the idea ;))
or maybe have Miranda's sprite which makes her look like a phantom or apparition and enter Satomi's body where I believe in the anime, Miranda possessed into Satomi iirc

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#792  October 26, 2021, 04:38:46 pm
    • Chile
Exactly, I want to do that on her... but first I've to make Satomi's own moves and hen reaconditioning these moves and her poses with Miranda, I think I'm gonna do that before I finish her

Re: Basara's WIP thread (Bishamon is back from the grave!!)
#793  January 28, 2022, 01:56:59 am
    • Chile
Bishamon is back!!
After so many years of can't do it, finally Hane Na (sword throw move) has coded his follow-ups, Kien Zan (Bisha's Shoryuken) and Tsuji Hayate (the double dashing slash), only left to make Kaeshi Ha move (move that throws to you the enemy) and all will be set. After that I can work on his supers from DS1/NW and add all the custom states I can from DS series (and make him compatible with my CF's claytalities ;)
Also he has some stuff advanced before, originally for past versions of Halloween I couldn't concrete, like velocity adjustments and some minor fixes.

Well, I'm so happy and rewarded to finally make this that I'll be working hard on Bishamon since now to get you the complete/final version of him, so wait for more news very soon ;)

Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 06:11:06 am by Basara Starkiller
#794  January 28, 2022, 02:31:39 am
  • Tesla
  • Buy a Tesla
    • UK
You might want to check out Valgallah, he's been doing the SCWU characters for a decent while now, among may others. Might help you with making progress on Sin and Alex.
♪ This is Major Tom to Ground Control ♪
#795  January 29, 2022, 03:25:39 pm
    • Chile
You might want to check out Valgallah, he's been doing the SCWU characters for a decent while now, among may others. Might help you with making progress on Sin and Alex.
Thanks, but I have no plans to rework on Sin and Alex for the moment. However, I'm in contact with Valgallah, so if I need help with that, I've no doubt I'd ask him ;)

Back to Bishamon, I'm adding new sprites, mostly from poses and during today, the custom anims for various states (only has burned and Midnight Bliss), with special priority in the ones used for claytalities, I hope to make a video of that soon (or at least screenshots)

Oh, and see if I can work again on Fuego, thinking in her possible moves, just wait for that...

Re: Basara's WIP thread (SFA2 Dan is on the works!!)
#796  February 13, 2022, 03:46:32 am
    • Chile
The other day I got my internet cut, literally (a truck passed over the internet cable and ripped it off), so without something to make, I decided to focus on MUGEN to get something made...

AND I MADE THIS

Yes, finally I started with Dan Hibiki, I made some basics as shown in the video (excepting winposes and guard, not shown), however there's a lot of work to do since I've to rip myself the moves from this game, since in SFA3 Capcom changed most of Dan basics with new goofy stuff I don't like, so I'll making that to get a proper and close-to-accurate version of him for MUGEN... expect some news about him soon ;)

#797  February 13, 2022, 05:08:11 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
The other day I got my internet cut, literally (a truck passed over the internet cable and ripped it off), so without something to make, I decided to focus on MUGEN to get something made...

AND I MADE THIS

Yes, finally I started with Dan Hibiki, I made some basics as shown in the video (excepting winposes and guard, not shown), however there's a lot of work to do since I've to rip myself the moves from this game, since in SFA3 Capcom changed most of Dan basics with new goofy stuff I don't like, so I'll making that to get a proper and close-to-accurate version of him for MUGEN... expect some news about him soon ;)

Ouch! Internet cut!

This SFA2 Dan looks very acurate! It brings me back to Mugen early times.
(Even if usually SFA based characters had custom gameplay ^^)
#798  February 13, 2022, 09:17:24 pm
I remember that SFA1 Dan had some different sprites, but what about SFA2 Dan?
What are the differences between SFA2 and SFA3 Dan? (In terms of sprites, not moves)
#799  February 13, 2022, 09:48:28 pm
    • Chile
Basically A2 Dan has the same basics as Ryu, Ken and Akuma but with the new face they make than in A1, A3 made various new basics which are very goofy and out of character compared with the other 3, like these ones for knockdown fall:

which I have to rip it again to make it accurate as possible. I'm using this A3 sheet (by Firejoker54) but only some sprites that are the same than in A2

#800  April 12, 2022, 07:46:37 am
    • Chile

Dan is back!! Yahoo!! :mlol:
OK, all his basics are ready (since basic stuff like 5000s to all punches and kicks), I came back to play SFA2 and now I got a better idea for Dan and his moves, also I got the PSX soundrips of A2 Dan, so I'm gonna add that voice to SND... and replace the stick sounds fom Eagle of course XD I hope to show you a video advance during these days ;)

Oh, and I made 6 extra palettes as a bonus based in some of his various appearances (here in the shots they are from SVC and SFA1 respectively), apart of the 6 palettes he has in A2, so he'll have 12 as I planned ;)