YesNoOk

Mortal kombat Trailer movie 2021  (Read 16799 times)

Started by yaret, February 18, 2021, 06:02:27 pm
Share this topic:
Mortal kombat Trailer movie 2021
#1  February 18, 2021, 06:02:27 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
First trailer for MORTAL KOMBAT
Re: Mortal kombat Trailer movie 2021
#2  February 19, 2021, 05:10:57 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
The trailer pretty much showed the whole movie. Great, just great Warner and New Line. :v

I'm not that hyped for this. The only thing that i liked was the Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero moment in the trailer. Yep.

The visual effects, some are ok, some are pretty meh like Liu Kang's fire.

And why Cole Young?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Liu Kang as a minor role and he wears like Ryu in some shots for some reason. The f****** protagonist of MK? Noooo, let's Cole Young on it!

Kung Lao and Sonya looks good. Raiden looks lame and he'll not be that important. Yeah, another major character in the franchise with a minor role in this movie.

Jax... Well, poor Jax.

Sub-Zero having a major role than Shang Tsung... And Mileena... OMFG, it's the second worst Mileena i've seen (the first is from MK Annihilation).

Kano looks terrible. And he shoots the laser beam from the wrong eye in the scene he appears. xD
Also Kano as an "anti-hero" and the comic relief? Jesus Christ...

And yeah, no Johnny Cage, no Kitana (only her Fan appeared...) and Nitara wasn't appeared at all in the trailer but she'll be in it, probably in a very minor role.

Also...

Simon McQuold's words about the addition of Cole Young.
"MK franchise always introduced new characters along the time. So we decided to do in this way with Cole Young..."
"We know how important Liu Kang and Kung Lao are in the franchise, but we decided to keep on this idea to introduce an all-new character."

Oh, what a great reason to instead of give attention to Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Raiden, putting a character, a MMA fighter that LOSE FIGHTS ON PURPOSE FOR MONEY, that have nothing to do with the franchise!
Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 05:29:43 am by 【MFG】gui0007
#3  February 19, 2021, 05:31:52 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I wonder if Jax has lost his arms differently in enough timelines from enough different people to fill out a punchcard and win a free sub?

Is there a particular reason why they don't WANT Raiden to look like he does in the games?  Like, it's not terrible each new interpretation, but it's just weird at this point.  Especially whereas Shao Khan there is all but his MK11 design and outfit cleaned up for theatrical release.

For all the focus they're giving Bi-Han here this trailer, they also got that one shot of him stepping out of a shadow portal.  Sounds like Noob Saibot to me.  I would imagine then Kuai Liang will show by the end to step up as the "good" Sub-Zero, but I dunno, got a lot of MK plotlines to stuff into one movie.
#4  April 11, 2021, 11:02:54 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
I saw the movie in Imax last night. It is glorious.
Do not go in thinking you will see the regular MK story... the overall narrative is there, just some adjustments, many of which I think make sense, were made for the sake of the story making a bit more sense.
I was not disappointed at all. Do not get attached to anyone either.
I thoroughly enjoyed and can't wait to stream it again end of the month.
#5  April 23, 2021, 07:23:39 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I have almost the complete opposite opinion on this. Some changes were fine but the premise sorta makes this a different movie and a lot of it is boring.

I think it's an ok movie, but it doesn't really feel like mortal kombat, It almost feels like a 90's video game/comic movie, that would take an ip, fiddle with the concept throw in their own original character and basically make everyone else work around them. This feels dated as a premise, almost like they seen that Sonic the Hedgehog worked with that 90's gimmick, and tried it here. Thing is, MK has a lot more lore to mess around with and actual use for a story.
Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:54:01 pm by Neocide
#6  April 23, 2021, 11:30:35 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
in my case I didn't like the movie because the movie was so generic in everything the movie tried to do for examen I hated how Goro died for the power of love, naah
I didnt like this raiden and the music was so generic in every Kombat and the kombat characters didnt fight very well like the game just Kung Lao, Subzero and Scorpion, Milenna didnt do anything just dying like trash
#7  April 25, 2021, 08:12:16 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

I thought the new mortal kombat movie was pretty great:

but i digress, the fight scenes are great i'm not going to lie
#8  April 26, 2021, 07:01:19 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Oh God... What a terrible movie.

Spoiler: SPOILERS! A LOT! (click to see content)