Ikemen GO (Read 1207590 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#1261  October 31, 2019, 03:49:21 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Maybe is the embed resources.
i'll remove temporally to see if it compiles.

EDIT
It compiles, so it seems that I will remove the exe icon for now.
But the window icon still works.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 05:15:10 am by Gacel
#1262  November 01, 2019, 01:27:30 am
    • Egypt
is there documentation for how to port mugen screenpacks to ikemen go plus? i tried just copying the over from legacy mugen screen pack to ikemen go plus and it just crashes, no error or log that shows why it even crashed? Are current screen packs compatible?
#1263  November 01, 2019, 06:22:07 am
is there documentation for how to port mugen screenpacks to ikemen go plus? i tried just copying the over from legacy mugen screen pack to ikemen go plus and it just crashes, no error or log that shows why it even crashed? Are current screen packs compatible?

Theyre still working really hard to get it right. This is also something Im still scratching my head over, its the only thing keeping me from fully transitioning. I still also can't get things perfect either. I had to do a bunch of crazy modifications (especially for HD screenpacks its worse), but therve made some progress. Wish it was more straight forward.
#1264  November 01, 2019, 07:36:38 am
    • Russia
    • farengeit-mugen.blogspot.com

If there is an error in the work of ikemen, the log is saved in the file "ikemen.log" (in most cases). MUGEN screenpacks are compatible with Ikemen (I have mugen and ikemen working in parallel), but normally work screenpacks only with a resolution of 320 x 240 (I could not change the screen resolution correctly and part of the screenpack was not visible).
#1265  November 01, 2019, 03:38:01 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
I've managed to convert all my mmx Fighting Arena screenpack, but sadly it crashes randomly, specially during the start up, so it still unstable and I left for now, the devs are really working hard on it, and i hope they get hd screenpacks working, because the engine is great.
#1266  November 01, 2019, 10:31:08 pm
    • Egypt
I've managed to convert all my mmx Fighting Arena screenpack, but sadly it crashes randomly, specially during the start up, so it still unstable and I left for now, the devs are really working hard on it, and i hope they get hd screenpacks working, because the engine is great.

how were you able to do it? which files do i need to work on?
#1267  November 02, 2019, 04:48:04 am
    • Brazil
#1268  November 03, 2019, 01:57:27 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Has there been any suggestions for or talk of Stage Music changes mid-match?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1269  November 03, 2019, 07:47:15 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia

It is supposed to support any mugen screenpack as-is, but is still in development and some screenpack fail to parse.
Can you inform me what screenpack is it?
I have been updated the parser to support screenpacks and I have been searching for ones that causes problems.

sadly it crashes randomly, specially during the start up, so it still unstable and I left for now

I didn't, it still crashes, Managed to convert all the lifebar to my HD version, but when started to change the screenpack, the crashes started. It runs sometimes, but normally the load  fails.

The load fails?!
I did think that was fixed months ago.
You are using the more updated version?

Has there been any suggestions for or talk of Stage Music changes mid-match?

Yes Amidweiz suggested it before.
It's hard to balance time between bug fixes and implementing features.
It's not too hard to implement I will try to make time to add it.
#1270  November 03, 2019, 02:18:18 pm
    • Egypt
#1271  November 03, 2019, 07:07:47 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Thanks for the info I'll check what goes wrong.

EDIT:
It loads:

These are some problems like the cursor select sound.
I'll look into those.

I'll upload a zip with all ready to run if you want to check it yourself.
It will take a while, it's 165mb and my internet is slow as molasses.

EDIT 2:
Here is it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cEoBGJQ2xAkq-rO2fA6Fr5XSjm4FCPSA/view
Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:41:10 pm by Gacel
#1272  November 03, 2019, 07:26:56 pm
    • Brazil
#1273  November 03, 2019, 08:49:24 pm
    • Egypt
Did you fix something? It never loaded for me, what did you do?
#1274  November 03, 2019, 09:41:43 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
I did not modify anything I did just paste all the screenpack files over the Ikemen GO default ones.
And it did work.

The zip has removed some redundant file like Mugen C++ dependencies.

EDIT
The Ikemen GO default folder files should look like this:
Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 09:51:45 pm by Gacel
#1275  November 03, 2019, 09:59:39 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Out of the loop here, but are the Build instructions on the github page still relevant?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1276  November 04, 2019, 12:30:27 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
#1277  November 04, 2019, 06:40:49 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
My two cents, developing IMO should be on fixing bugs first, I would like to see Ikemen GO taking  Screenpacks, stages and Chars without having some issues. Just saying.

It seems, all the bugs with projectiles are fixed, projectile priority and mirroring projectiles now works fine. Also some transparencies on projectiles are gone now, everything looks fine.
But somehow the yellow transparency that used to appear over the characters when "cancel bar" is activated is gone too :P.

https://streamable.com/8ijji

Also it seems Arcade and Kumite mode bug that triggered when you turn on  the zoom  is gone, nice!!

#1278  November 04, 2019, 07:10:09 pm
    • Greece
Gacel are you planning on adding animated portaits like normail ikemen?
#1279  November 05, 2019, 01:23:37 am
Hi, so I've tried this (Gacel branch) online in tag mode (using add004) and whenever you switch to your second character (only tried 2v2) that character is not controllable. I imagine it must be thinking the character is a CPU? Is this a problem with add004 or IKEMEN Go Plus?
#1280  November 05, 2019, 07:52:57 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
My two cents, developing IMO should be on fixing bugs first, I would like to see Ikemen GO taking  Screenpacks, stages and Chars without having some issues. Just saying.

It seems, all the bugs with projectiles are fixed, projectile priority and mirroring projectiles now works fine. Also some transparencies on projectiles are gone now, everything looks fine.
But somehow the yellow transparency that used to appear over the characters when "cancel bar" is activated is gone too :P.

https://streamable.com/8ijji

Also it seems Arcade and Kumite mode bug that triggered when you turn on  the zoom  is gone, nice!!

It seems that the bugfix created another bug, again.

About development. I usually do only bugfixes and compatibility stuff, the only feature what I added myself until now was the TAG split.
And I still have to create a basic tag cns to go with it, currently using add004 is the only option.

Gacel are you planning on adding animated portaits like normail ikemen?

When I have time I'll look into it.
A idea I had is remove the need of use of external ssf but I have to see how is the performance with it.

Hi, so I've tried this (Gacel branch) online in tag mode (using add004) and whenever you switch to your second character (only tried 2v2) that character is not controllable. I imagine it must be thinking the character is a CPU? Is this a problem with add004 or IKEMEN Go Plus?

A problem with Ikemen GO.
It does not assign any netinput to the 3th and 4th char.
Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 08:17:42 am by Gacel