YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1207672 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#1341  December 16, 2019, 05:35:08 pm
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
BTW, I just release a game that is entirely on IKEMEN GO.

https://www.facebook.com/FixerWing/posts/2168298316810430

It is a custom version of mine of the KOF WING 2.0.1, I'm been working on it for 3 years with the help of an offline community I´ve been managing in my country. Thanks to all those guys who stopped to play commercial games to play mine, they have been really helpful to achieve what I wanted,  a KOF Mugen oriented to balanced instead of having a lot of chars.

I really think Ikemen Go is the next evolution of Mugen, so much potential. Thanks to Gacel and Neat Unsou for keeping up the good work on the engine, Suehiro for starting this madness and K4thos for keeping the fire up for a while. 

If you like KOF I hope you like mine. Nothing fancy here, just much bug fixing, much work on balance and hitbox checking, two new chars and new chains for combos.

Enjoy.
#1342  December 16, 2019, 05:46:06 pm
    • South Africa
This game looks great! I will definitely download it! This should work on mac right? If not I can just run it with wine probably.
#1343  December 16, 2019, 06:00:38 pm
This game looks great! I will definitely download it! This should work on mac right? If not I can just run it with wine probably.

Yeah, but I didn't include the Mac executable inside the build since I can't test it. Pretty sure is a matter of just copying the mac file in the game folder.
#1344  December 16, 2019, 06:10:36 pm
    • South Africa
Great! I will test it tomorrow and tell you how it plays!
#1345  December 17, 2019, 10:33:04 am
    • South Africa

Yeah, but I didn't include the Mac executable inside the build since I can't test it. Pretty sure is a matter of just copying the mac file in the game folder.

Amazing job with the game! It feels like a commercial game and work very well on mac at my native resolution!
#1346  December 17, 2019, 07:37:35 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Sir Gacel, may I suggest adding the non-select.def features in a .txt file in the download one time?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1347  December 18, 2019, 05:38:06 am

Amazing job with the game! It feels like a commercial game and work very well on mac at my native resolution!

Well thanks, since I play offline often with friends I want to make the game as balanced as possible, not weird movements or things that doesn't look as a "KOF thing" . Many of the credits go to the 2dyer guys, I felt sad when I knew the page was gone and I wanted to finish what they started(I know KOF WIng 2019 is released but no thanks, some OP chars while many others are trash tier). I am glad you like it.

PS: https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR0sI0rF-UlIZmfnls5rJ3PGtrsBV37-WlS94nXM_IBbLGr6rvcP1juOHcY#!0ENy3KyI!GSlqi-ppfEgUwCbB292WMhq8BzW0hzIGg5-kC81w2X8
This patch solves some Iori XIII missing animations.
#1348  December 18, 2019, 05:57:15 am
    • South Africa
Thank you! It seems quite balanced! I will check out the patch too.
#1349  December 19, 2019, 07:15:23 am
  • The need situation makes the man
    • Mexico
    • www.facebook.com/mike.funkyman
Hello friends

I have achieved some little tests in miy infinite ignorance

One, I was studying the Mugenhook project and maybe this can be useful for Ikemen toó, so the ASI plugins are a OpenSource way to add library headers

So I was trying to add a Ym2151, but failing on midi process, instead I achieved good CPS1 arcade sound results with LibOPNmidi that uses Sega Génesis YM2612 chip and comes with a Handy Sound Bank editor that uses a YM2151 to YM2162 chip preset converter, so Its a thing to add LibOPNMIDI and LibADLMIDI

So maybe adding Tinysoundfont, LibOPNMi in the forma of ASI plugin I can achieve awesome results but the questión is "how to add ASI plugin support to Ikemen?"

So if I achieve this MIDI power tool for Ikemen maybe I can add it to Mugen 1.1 too
#1350  December 20, 2019, 06:25:04 am
I need to ask if someone has been able to config two controllers on Ikemen GO.

I have a Xinput controller(Qanba Xbox 360 stick) and a D input one(Qanba PC stick) and both work fine individually(on Windows) but once I connect both, one of them just stops working.

I would like to know if someone else has been able to set up two controllers no matter which controllers are.

Edit: I set up the second player stick directly from the config.json and now it is working, it seems the config input menu option is somehow broken :(
Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 07:21:01 am by orochi_kyo
#1351  December 25, 2019, 05:54:42 am
  • The need situation makes the man
    • Mexico
    • www.facebook.com/mike.funkyman
Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 10:00:37 am by Mike77154
#1352  December 26, 2019, 08:00:19 pm
#1353  December 27, 2019, 02:25:52 am
  • MUGEN Story Mode Editor
  • Go back where you were born, look for your purity
Guys, for whoever is having troubles with PS4 pads, Gacel just released a fix. Check it out.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go

It is incredible to see how a good evolution of the controls in IKEMEN has been achieved, since these at the beginning was something very annoying ...

But I still have the problem that many, THOUSANDS of people have and want to switch to IKEMEN GO Plus but cannot because of this dilemma ...
Was there any way to run IKEMEN GO Plus without using OpenGL in a 32-bit system?
Seriously, I have been in many communities and most of them tell me that they want to go to IKEMEN for their splendid freedom of codification, it is a supreme Engine, things as they are.
But they have left it for the problem of OpenGL ... And it is that not all graphic cards accept this feature ... Seriously, if you could run in DirectX as MUGEN does, God, this would be the BEST OF THE WORLD .. .
Please...

Any recommendations at least? Of course it is not to buy a new computer
#1354  December 27, 2019, 02:38:07 am
    • Russia
I'm probably missing out on something, but why can't i run the latest fork from Gacel's appveyor? Like when i try to launch it it just doesn't open at all with no crashes or anything. I have installed the latest OpenAL but still nothing. Can anybody help?
#1355  December 27, 2019, 06:45:10 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
It not needed to install OpenAL since 6 months. (Is included as a dll)
If you open it via CMD or PowerShell it does display anything?
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1356  December 27, 2019, 06:57:05 pm
Guys, for whoever is having troubles with PS4 pads, Gacel just released a fix. Check it out.

It is incredible to see how a good evolution of the controls in IKEMEN has been achieved, since these at the beginning was something very annoying ...

But I still have the problem that many, THOUSANDS of people have and want to switch to IKEMEN GO Plus but cannot because of this dilemma ...
Was there any way to run IKEMEN GO Plus without using OpenGL in a 32-bit system?
Seriously, I have been in many communities and most of them tell me that they want to go to IKEMEN for their splendid freedom of codification, it is a supreme Engine, things as they are.
But they have left it for the problem of OpenGL ... And it is that not all graphic cards accept this feature ... Seriously, if you could run in DirectX as MUGEN does, God, this would be the BEST OF THE WORLD .. .
Please...

I have tested Ikemen GO in a wide range of computers, with both Linux and Windows installation without hassles so far.

3 are mine, one of them has an Athlon X2 and GT 630, this computer at least has 10 years old and Ikemen GO works there.

If you cant run this, maybe it is time to seriously upgrade your PC, going DirectX means less compatibility with other OS, maybe you don't give a damn about it, but I do. Intel Cards have support for Open GL years ago and they even take the next step to invest in Vulkan.
Going OpenGL could be the smart thing the devs can do, OpenGL can evolve without the need of a company.

What you ask is so selfish, it is like going on a race and asking the others "please slow down because I can't go that fast".

I'm not that guy on Steam Forums telling people to waste on 1000$ on a VR device to play Alyx, in this case, a 200$  computer can run Ikemen.

About those "communities" you said so, I think you are just trying to "make things looks bigger" just because you don't want to upgrade. 32-bit was cool but it is almost 2020 and it is time to move, sry.

Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:12:30 pm by orochi_kyo
#1357  December 27, 2019, 08:51:21 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

Please...

Who are these uncited thousands of people saying this, also my 15 year old windows xp machine is compatible with OpenGL... hell my 20 year old windows 98 machine is compatible with OpenGL.
#1358  December 27, 2019, 08:56:07 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
BNOC I just noticed that you say 32-bit computer.
Considering that OpenGL 2.1 is older than Windows Vista, maybe you PC has no graphic card at all (Or has a old integrated VIA gpu, these does not even fully support DX9)

If it's a desktop PC that did come with Windows XP you can trow 30 USD for a old GeForce 210. (It even supports DX11 and GL 3.1)
Also even more old GPU works.

EDIT
Even a Nvidia Geforce GT 120 also works, but that's is even older and hard to get.

If someone wants to port Ikemen GO to DX9 you are welcome, I'll be honest I barely know OpenGL :( , and have no idea how Direct X works so I can not do it myself. So if someone know how to use Direct X and is interested in creating a second renderer inform me. (Or you can start now Ikemen GO is open source)

EDIT 2
So um if you port it to DX9 it will also need to port the input parser to DirectInput because that also uses GLFW.
Positive point: You can use SDL if you want to port it.

What it need to port is:
- Input.
- Texture Parser (Char SFF)
- Renderer.
- SFX player.
- Audio file parser (Char Audio)

It's really a big undertaking to port to DX9 or SDL.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:15:47 pm by Gacel
#1359  December 27, 2019, 10:56:46 pm
BNOC I just noticed that you say 32-bit computer.
Considering that OpenGL 2.1 is older than Windows Vista, maybe you PC has no graphic card at all (Or has a old integrated VIA gpu, these does not even fully support DX9)

If it's a desktop PC that did come with Windows XP you can trow 30 USD for a old GeForce 210. (It even supports DX11 and GL 3.1)
Also even more old GPU works.

EDIT
Even a Nvidia Geforce GT 120 also works, but that's is even older and hard to get.

If someone wants to port Ikemen GO to DX9 you are welcome, I'll be honest I barely know OpenGL :( , and have no idea how Direct X works so I can not do it myself. So if someone know how to use Direct X and is interested in creating a second renderer inform me. (Or you can start now Ikemen GO is open source)

EDIT 2
So um if you port it to DX9 it will also need to port the input parser to DirectInput because that also uses GLFW.
Positive point: You can use SDL if you want to port it.

What it need to port is:
- Input.
- Texture Parser (Char SFF)
- Renderer.
- SFX player.
- Audio file parser (Char Audio)

It's really a big undertaking to port to DX9 or SDL.

Moving the input to DirectX would be a very amazing alternative, since as MUGEN, it would run with the best performance for those without OpenGL and would attract many users.

With respect to transferring the entrance to DirectX as an alternative technically speaking, he only found that Direct3D can be used as an alternative ... so I don't know if it works much

Source:
https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/direct3d/164949-directx-bindings-lang.html
#1360  December 27, 2019, 11:18:57 pm

Please...

I have tested Ikemen GO in a wide range of computers, with both Linux and Windows installation without hassles so far.

3 are mine, one of them has an Athlon X2 and GT 630, this computer at least has 10 years old and Ikemen GO works there.

If you cant run this, maybe it is time to seriously upgrade your PC, going DirectX means less compatibility with other OS, maybe you don't give a damn about it, but I do. Intel Cards have support for Open GL years ago and they even take the next step to invest in Vulkan.
Going OpenGL could be the smart thing the devs can do, OpenGL can evolve without the need of a company.

What you ask is so selfish, it is like going on a race and asking the others "please slow down because I can't go that fast".

I'm not that guy on Steam Forums telling people to waste on 1000$ on a VR device to play Alyx, in this case, a 200$  computer can run Ikemen.

About those "communities" you said so, I think you are just trying to "make things looks bigger" just because you don't want to upgrade. 32-bit was cool but it is almost 2020 and it is time to move, sry.

Mmm sorry if I explain badly, my point is not to degrade IKEMEN in any way, yep, OpenGL is super great, I recognize it, but I have installed thousands of versions of OpenGL or try to make it work but nothing, when I open the Ikemen GO they look graphic Too bad ... And I haven't found a solution.

Rather I am referring to how you are talking about now, an alternative to OpenGL such as DirectX ^^ Anyway, in the future I think I will save for a slightly better Laptop