YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1207315 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO
#1521  March 20, 2020, 08:33:01 pm
    • South Africa
You're welcome, yeah the links are on the first page now.
#1522  March 21, 2020, 12:55:36 am
    • USA
So.... Game kept closing when I tried to add the characters back in.... until I realized I just have to keep opening the game because it was loading 1 character at a time thus it kept closing until a certain amount. Interesting.
#1523  March 21, 2020, 12:57:34 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/hrmugen/home
So.... Game kept closing when I tried to add the characters back in.... until I realized I just have to keep opening the game because it was loading 1 character at a time thus it kept closing until a certain amount. Interesting.

I'm Having The Same Problem!
#1524  March 21, 2020, 02:05:50 am
    • USA
Well it isn't really that bad if you think about it, just keep trying and it will work. Although I'm having trouble configuring the controls for Player 1-7 because it gave me a warning for having "conflict between button keys detected. All keys should have unique assignment. Fix the problem before exitting the key settings." and even if I already configure the config.json already, it won't allow any controls change anyways. The reason why this is happening because I set up the controls for all players with mostly the same key settings[player 2 and 5, player 3 and 6, and player 4 and 7 with same controls settings though keyboard], that I know, but I do that because it is much simpler for me so we can change controllers around when playing parsec via "joy2key" program so that we don't keep fighting the same people all the time. Well it's not that much a problem if I think about it, since I can just make player 1 only joystick and the others keyboards, since it is just barely enough anyways.   :laugh:

Edit:
Scratch that, apparently I can't seem to get even player 3 to work since player 1 controls player 3 every time on Simul.
Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:18:05 am by Yuias
#1525  March 23, 2020, 07:48:27 pm
  • Known as Frax elsewhere
    • UK
Greetings, people of MFG. I used to have an account here with my main email but have long lost it, and did not interact at all with you either. Anyway, I long wanted to try out this fancy reverse-engineering of the engine, as I like the consistency and features it seems to possess. I am used to the screenpack LEGACY (the one with normal, character-provided portraits) and I remember seeing screenpacks of similar quality for this engine -- I also remember being able to, in place of portraits, setting the characters' idle animation. Do you have any quick suggestions for quality screenpacks, and the documentation for the aforementioned alternative to traditional portraits? I am also wondering if the special, stage-bound boss introduction trick found in Mr. Ansatsuken's Akuma is still working with this (it is not vital, of course).
And lastly, is there anything remotely similar to VSelect? I am ready to be confined to editing text, but a graphical editor would be a nice addition.
"A warrior knows that an angel and a demon contend the hand that wields the sword. Says the demon : 《You shall fall. You will not find the right moment. You are scared.》 Says the angel : 《You shall fall. You will not find the right moment. You are scared.》The warrior is surprised. They both said the same thing. Then the demon continues : 《Let me help you.》 And the angel says : 《I will help you》. Now, the warrior perceives the difference. The words are the same, but the allies are different. Thus he chooses the hand of his angel.
- Paulo Coelho, "Manual do guerreiro da luz"
Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:39:21 pm by Dylan Dog
#1526  March 24, 2020, 07:59:43 pm
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
Greetings, people of MFG. I used to have an account here with my main email but have long lost it, and did not interact at all with you either. Anyway, I long wanted to try out this fancy reverse-engineering of the engine, as I like the consistency and features it seems to possess. I am used to the screenpack LEGACY (the one with normal, character-provided portraits) and I remember seeing screenpacks of similar quality for this engine -- I also remember being able to, in place of portraits, setting the characters' idle animation. Do you have any quick suggestions for quality screenpacks, and the documentation for the aforementioned alternative to traditional portraits? I am also wondering if the special, stage-bound boss introduction trick found in Mr. Ansatsuken's Akuma is still working with this (it is not vital, of course).
And lastly, is there anything remotely similar to VSelect? I am ready to be confined to editing text, but a graphical editor would be a nice addition.
Reverse-engineering? Ok.  I didnt know you can call a new piece of software made from the scratch in a new coding language "reverse-engineering".

In words of one of the main devs  Ikemen Go is still pretty much in alpha-beta stage for having a stable release. So with new changes coming almost every month most people doesnt care yet of making tools that will not work the next month because the changes.
In this case since select.def is subject of changes, a tool like V select would have no sense until stable release. Select.def has passed by many changes, including having multiple characters in one slot, boss.

For the documentation, download a clean copy of the last version in the appveyor, the default screenpack are full documented about the new features you can use with a few examples, check system.def, fight.def and select.def.

For the new commands and their parameters visit K4thos wiki.
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki
Incomplete and lacks of examples for now.
#1527  March 24, 2020, 09:15:29 pm
    • UK

Reverse-engineering? Ok.  I didnt know you can call a new piece of software made from the scratch in a new coding language "reverse-engineering".
[/quote]

Yes, as it can at least partly run the same things as the original (characters that worked in MUGEN work here too, right?) and has roughly the same objective while being coded from scratch and in this case being more polished.

[/quote]
In words of one of the main devs  Ikemen Go is still pretty much in alpha-beta stage for having a stable release. So with new changes coming almost every month most people doesnt care yet of making tools that will not work the next month because the changes.
In this case since select.def is subject of changes, a tool like V select would have no sense until stable release. Select.def has passed by many changes, including having multiple characters in one slot, boss.

For the documentation, download a clean copy of the last version in the appveyor, the default screenpack are full documented about the new features you can use with a few examples, check system.def, fight.def and select.def.

For the new commands and their parameters visit K4thos wiki.
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki
Incomplete and lacks of examples for now.
[/quote]

I see, so no new screenpacks either as select.def would become outdated. But what about that fancy lifebar I keep seeing around? And, if I strip an old IKEMEN screenpack like that cool WarZoNe port of its select.def, would it theoretically work?
"A warrior knows that an angel and a demon contend the hand that wields the sword. Says the demon : 《You shall fall. You will not find the right moment. You are scared.》 Says the angel : 《You shall fall. You will not find the right moment. You are scared.》The warrior is surprised. They both said the same thing. Then the demon continues : 《Let me help you.》 And the angel says : 《I will help you》. Now, the warrior perceives the difference. The words are the same, but the allies are different. Thus he chooses the hand of his angel.
#1528  March 25, 2020, 11:07:45 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Ikemen GO uses Mugen screen packs, it's just that has more [experimental] feature compare to the Mugen ones.
SSZ-Ikemen Plus uses his own screenpack format and can not be ported to Ikemen GO with ease.

So the best option is using Mugen screenpacks. (It support up to Mugen 1.1 screenpacks)
That said, screenpacks are the most unstable area of Ikemen GO and some could not work.

Reverse-engineering? OK.  I didn't know you can call a new piece of software made from the scratch in a new coding language "reverse-engineering".
Yes, as it can at least partly run the same things as the original (characters that worked in MUGEN work here too, right?) and has roughly the same objective while being coded from scratch and in this case being more polished.
Ikemen GO it's technically a clone engine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clone_(computing)#Software
More specifically a rewritten of a clone. (Mugen -> S-Size Ikemen -> Ikemen GO)

--------------------
In another note, my PC laptop did broke (Literally, the case did broke and it does not charge) so I'll will be not able to update Ikemen GO until I get i fixed.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:18:48 pm by Gacel
#1529  March 25, 2020, 11:18:29 pm
has someone the latest version to me make a test.

i'd like to see the current progress these days.

that's looking better every updating.
#1530  March 25, 2020, 11:20:04 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
#1531  March 26, 2020, 04:15:33 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
--------------------
In another note, my PC laptop did broke (Literally, the case did broke and it does not charge) so I'll will be not able to update Ikemen GO until I get i fixed.

Your laptop might have it's plug connected with wires and the solder sheered off. My old 2012 laptop did this.
#1532  March 26, 2020, 12:38:02 pm
    • UK
Ikemen GO uses Mugen screen packs, it's just that has more [experimental] feature compare to the Mugen ones.
SSZ-Ikemen Plus uses his own screenpack format and can not be ported to Ikemen GO with ease.

So the best option is using Mugen screenpacks. (It support up to Mugen 1.1 screenpacks)
That said, screenpacks are the most unstable area of Ikemen GO and some could not work.

Incredible that it works with normal MUGEN 1.1 screenpacks.
The screenpack I like to use, LEGACY, comes as a full pack with a MUGEN executable and all. What's the clean way to copy-paste Ikemen GO for use into it? The binaries-only version does not work, presumably something obvious flies past my head.
#1533  March 26, 2020, 09:32:25 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
While I think it is amazing to be able to have different lifebars for each mode and even for their respective variations (like Simul 3P and 4P), the same does not apply to names and portraits. While we have the freedom to vary the lifebar, we do not have the same freedom for names and portraits and this is somewhat contradictory. See the example below:

0:00 - Simul
3:38 - Simul 3P
7:19 - Simul 4P

To be able to do this showcase, I had to create an extra text document with the code variations for name/simul portraits: 2P, 3P and 4P. Then copy and paste to record the matches individually. Usually when I suggest having things properly separated it is because of this. I know this is extra work, but as compensation the end result is much better.

By the way, you can notice that at the end of the last 2 rounds (8:02 and 9:01), there is a transparency problem with Ken's fx. And I also noticed that the problem with palfx that I reported before still exists. If you quit the fight at the beginning of a level1 or level2, the screen will have the effect of the color used to perform the hyper. Tested with DivineWolf's KFM and Jmorphman's Ken.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1534  March 27, 2020, 02:25:17 am
  • Ryoga
    • Brazil
    • www.vgbr.com/forum
Unfortunately I can't run Ikemen GO on my Ubuntu Bionic Beaver I don't know why.
Spoiler: Not Safe For Work (click to see content)
#1535  March 28, 2020, 04:33:56 am
    • USA
so.... how do I get Player 3 and 4 to work now? Adding controls to config doesn't seem to work because I can't get Simul mode to use 2 vs 2 with 4 players to work now. Unless I have to use Tag mode but Tag is just changing characters during battle though. Unless it hasn't been implement yet since this is a new version with new codes?
#1536  March 30, 2020, 08:16:37 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
so.... how do I get Player 3 and 4 to work now? Adding controls to config doesn't seem to work because I can't get Simul mode to use 2 vs 2 with 4 players to work now. Unless I have to use Tag mode but Tag is just changing characters during battle though. Unless it hasn't been implement yet since this is a new version with new codes?

It has not been implemented yet.

Unfortunately I can't run Ikemen GO on my Ubuntu Bionic Beaver I don't know why.

What type of error did you got?
#1537  March 30, 2020, 09:54:11 pm
    • USA

It has not been implemented yet.

Ah I see, so that really explains it. Thanks! I kind of figured it was but wasn't like fully sure yet.

Edit: I love the new updates btw.
#1538  March 30, 2020, 10:59:52 pm
  • Heh heh. Feel the burn?
The code snippet posted above should add a third keyboard player.
If you want send me your config.json file and what the third and fourth player keybard map you want and I'll add it

thanks, here: https://mega.nz/#!jE5ViKBR!himQqwe-GgteeB8SAPtukmzZg6OIAvoIME4FafCSJew

P1- up, down, left, right, q,w,e,a,s,d, return

P2- numpad8, numpad2, numpad4,  numpad6, i,o,p,j,k,l, enter

P3- r,t,y,u, 1,2,3,4,5,6, left ctrl

P4- z,x,c,v, f,g,h,b,n,m, right ctrl

also is there a tutorial on increasing the character slot numbers? I saw one for Ikemen Plus but Ive no idea where to start in Ikemen GO so if you could point me to the correct file(s) I would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again, Im really loving this version of Mugen.

Hey
I know this is old but its all google showed up, sorry if im late to the party but i really want to know if its possible to play local coop with the 3 or 4 human players on one side and 3 or 4 ai enemies ala team arcade.
I havr tried but whenever i press ctrl+2,3,4,5,6, or 7, i can control the characters but all of them with the same buttons as player 1
I edited in ikemen go the config.json to add a 5, 6, 7 players configurations only for testing but it still gets controlled by the same p1 buttons, all 3 or 4 players on my side
Also i was looking for a way to allow more than 2 in the direct menu "local coop", as that ond promts you directly to select char screen, and not giving you option of selecting simul number, but i havent found anything in the config files. Is it hardcoded?

As promted above, was this feature even still there, or by not implemented you mean it got removed
#1539  March 31, 2020, 08:27:16 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
I mean because of multiple input reworks it's unusable by old means.
It's still there it's just completely inaccessible except if you edit the lua files, and it's very unstable.
#1540  April 02, 2020, 12:19:57 am
    • USA
I've been messing around with Ikemen for a bit and it seems very cool. Is Zoom functional in it though? because I watched the how ikemen part on zoom and went into the options.lua and I set it to true and absolutI us3ely nothing changed. I tested out stages that would zoom in 1.1b and nothing happened