YesNoOk

Steel Komodo's Idea Dump for Things He'll Never Do (Read 86278 times)

Started by Steel Komodo, April 25, 2014, 01:16:20 am
Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump ft. Street Fighter vs. Capcom
#41  February 21, 2016, 09:44:29 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Looking good
and no problem with using my work
I think ShinZankuro ryu was separated but im not sure
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#42  March 09, 2016, 07:00:08 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Okay, so I'm actually trying to make lifebars... and it's harder than it looks.

I edited the lifebars slighty, to suit the 1280x720 default of M.U.G.E.N1.0, and I was following Ryon's tutorial to try and actually make the lifebars. But when I got to the stage where I could actoally see the bars, this happened:

I'm not entirely sure what causes this. Are the lifebars too lo-res? Is it something to do with my native M.U.G.E.N settings? If anyone can provide a solution, that would be awesome.

Also, I've been mulling over a few details concerning SFvC, and want to submit those thoughts to see what people think:
  • Zaitsu Hatter is colour-separating some SFA/MvC Ryu sprites at the moment. I'm wondering if it would be prudent to wait until he's done or not. Otherwise, I'm considering using either ShinZakuro or one of N-Mario's Ryus for the first character.
  • I'm probably doing to drop the guard bar in favour of the V-Bar as done in SF5. There will be limited air blocking, though.
  • Initial stand-alone characters are something I'm mulling over. I'm considering Ryu, Adon, Haggar and possibly a Mega Man character. On the subject, if I include Mega Man in this game, I'll want to do something interesting with him rather than just a straight-up recreation with more special weapons.
  • I may have an idea of how collisions, or the Rebound System, will work - two characters running into each other bounce off, one character can spend V-Bar to knock the other one down, a guarding character can knock their opponent off balance and put them at a frame disadvantage. Somebody out there might be able to work out something better than me, though, so fire away.
  • Am reconsidering OTG's/Wall Bounces. IF they make it in, they'll be very limited and more like SFxTK than Marvel - you can't combo another launcher from an OTG, for example. Thoughts?
#43  March 17, 2016, 01:16:50 pm
    • UK
So I suddenly decided that I didn't like the lifebars that I was working on. I dunno, they just didn't feel... Capcom-ish enough, if that makes sense. So I took another of City_Hunter's concepts and made this instead.

I'm making slow but steady progress on this one, so expect a video of the WIP to come up at some point. I'm not entirely sure what to do with fonts, as I've no experience in making those, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose.

I'm not very fond of the powerbars, though. Any suggestions? Or do you think they look okay despite my protests? :P
Steel Komodo's Idea Dump: The Revenge
#44  March 22, 2017, 09:54:31 pm
    • UK
Well, I'm back. I wasn't going to post here until I had something concrete to show, but I've found that I've hit something of a conundrum.

What happened is that I was working on a Ryu for Street Fighter vs. Capcom, and then out of sheer boredom I went ahead and cobbled together a new style of gameplay that was inspired by playing Pocket Rumble, as well as memo's original plan for Capcom vs. The World 2 and Red Lunchbox's Cyberking. Basically, it's a very simplified, Smash Bros-esque, three-button system that makes executing moves easier to do, whilst still feeling like a traditional 1-on-1 fighter system. I'm tentatively calling it "Capcom vs. The World Alpha", and it runs like this:

Spoiler: Capcom vs. The World Alpha (click to see content)

Now, the thing is, I really enjoyed making this new style of gameplay, because it lets me make characters quicker and I'm not struggling to make three variations of the same move. But I worry about translating characters like Jin Kazama to it, since I'd have to drop a lot of stuff from them to make them fit into the gameplay style without cluttering things up. So should I use this style for my own project, or stick with the gameplay style I described here?

UPDATE: Poll Added. Vote away.
Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:07:23 pm by Steel Komodo
#45  March 22, 2017, 10:09:56 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I didn't liked the new style,old one just feels better and it doesn't stops characters from using most of sprites as much as possible so voted for MVC/Tatsunuko
#46  March 22, 2017, 10:15:11 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I can send you a edit I have of Joe, Ryu, Ken and shimo from yatagarasu with the 2 to 3 button system,
They are my betas until I went to 6 buttons if you want them let me know
#47  March 22, 2017, 10:22:19 pm
    • UK
I can send you a edit I have of Joe, Ryu, Ken and shimo from yatagarasu with the 2 to 3 button system,
They are my betas until I went to 6 buttons if you want them let me know

Sure, PM me that stuff. I'll want to have a look at them and see how viable the 2/3-buton system can be with different characters.
Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump: Capcom vs the World Alpha
#48  March 24, 2017, 02:44:39 pm
    • UK
I just looked at the poll, and I saw the SFxC gameplay was the most popular. Unfortunately, I've put the most work into the CvWA style, and it's honestly one I enjoy doing more, since I don't have to make three variations of the same move over and over and that saves a lot of work. I also don't see much of a reason why a two/three-button system like this shouldn't work or be fun to play, although I can understand why people might not enjoy it as much. Therefore, I'm going to continue working with the CvWA system. I know that's going to dissapoint those who voted for the SFxC system, but think of this as a dry run for gameplay ideas that may get upgraded to a more complex system in the future.

Anyway, I've been plugging away at Ryu in this style, and here's a few things I've decided on:
  • I'm switching how Throws and UT's work - UT's will be on , whilst throws will be on . I honestly think that the UT's will be used more often, so it doesn't make sense to make the command more complicated than throws.
  • Zero Counters have been moved to whilst blocking. You can Zero Counter whilst in the air or crouching.
  • Boost Moves will be dropped, because I just remembered that the Injustice way of doing EX Moves was bad. Will probably drop Rage Mode and just have Ultra Combos, or maybe separating them into separate modes.
  • Ryu's UT will be a variation of his Parry that will confer an additional benefit to his next special move. I just need to learn how to make variables and helpers work for me and I'll be fine on that front :P
  • The first release of Ryu might not have his Rage Mode/Ultra Combo. Again, I need to figure out variables and other things.

Also, have a tentative roster of characters, for if I ever decide to go ahead and make this a full game:

Spoiler: Roster??? (click to see content)

Stay tuned for more, when/if I get those things working!
Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:26:37 pm by Steel Komodo
#49  March 31, 2017, 10:30:47 pm
    • UK
Okay, so I was considering posting this tomorrow, but then people would take it for an April Fool's joke. So I'm putting it up now.

Whilst I was making CvWA Ryu, it occured to me that I didn't really want to step on memo's toes, since he's working on Capcom vs. the World 2, which has been approved by Sean, whilst mine hasn't. And whilst mine uses a different gameplay style that got scrapped, the fact that I'm basically copying his idea might be a little sketchy to some. So I came up with an alternate idea: Keep the same gameplay, but use only Capcom characters and MvC/SFA sprites, and retitle the project to Capcom All-Stars Rumble or something cheesy like that. It's a project that's also a little more feasable, since none of the characters I intend to use require original sprites or anything.

Also, have another tentative roster:

Of course, I'm still in two minds about the whole thing, so I'm gonna put up a poll to see what others think. Keep in mind that, if I decide to go the CASR route, then it will mean the current Ryu will not receive further updates once I release him proper. I will have to invest the time to creating a new version that uses SFA/MvC sprites, because I am a major stickler for keeping a consistent style and can't stand mixing CvS and MvC sprites.

@memo, if you see this, don't worry too much. Just send me those characters after you're done anyway, I might still be able to make use of them somehow :)

So what do you think, guys? Should I keep going with Capcom vs. The World Alpha, or start with this new project?
Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:34:24 pm by Steel Komodo
#50  March 31, 2017, 11:06:42 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I like the sound of the All-Stars Rumble concept.

If I ever finish those Asura sprites, I'll let you know.
This is a generic forum signature.
Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump: Capcom All-Stars Rumble
#51  April 04, 2017, 01:25:16 pm
    • UK
Posting to say that after the release of Ryu, I am now working on a Mega Man done in the CASR system. I won't post anything in the WIP topic until I have something concrete - which may take a while, since I need to get him to punching bag status first. But whilst I'm making him, I'd like to throw a few things in here for your consideration.

First, some tweaks to general gameplay:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Now, for Mega Man specifically:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Again, I won't update the WIP topic unless I have something to show. And considering I have to strip a lot out of Ryu, whom I'm using as a base, that might take a while.

UPDATE: Working on Mega Man's basics right now. Will have a preview video up soon.
Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:17:11 pm by Steel Komodo
#52  April 05, 2017, 11:01:48 pm
    • UK
Apologies for the double-post, but I think I have Mega Man's special moves worked out now. The idea is to make him a very zoning/trap-based character who controls the screen, making it easier for him to approach the enemy. I dunno how successfuly this movelist will work for that, but here goes nothing:
  • Metal Blade: (AIR OK)
    Mega Man throws a Metal Blade. This projectile can be aimed in any direction in front of Mega Man, allowing him to catch opponents in mid-air, and hits multiple times as well as OTG.
  • Crash Bomber: (AIR OK)
    Mega Man fires a Crash Bomber, which can stick onto the floor or an enemy fighter. Mega Man can then detonate the bomb with the same command. Hits OTG and knocks the opponent straight up. Functions similar to Cinder's Plasma Grenades.
  • Ice Slasher: (AIR OK)
    Mega Man fires an Ice Slasher, a slow-moving projectile that freezes enemies that it touches.
  • Jewel Sattelite:
    Mega Man conjures a Jewel Satellite around himself. Jewel Satellite can absorb one hit of an attack before disappearing, and completely eats projectiles. Like Leaf Shield, it can be fired forward (AIR OK), but travels much slower and doesn't do as much damage.
As for his Super Combo, I'm thinking either Black Hole Bomb or Thunder Bolt. If you have any better ideas, feel free to throw them at me.

...progress? Yeah, it's going good. Having to re-import hit sparks and things after switching out the .ssf is annoying, but I'll live.
#53  April 05, 2017, 11:07:20 pm
While I do miss the original CVtW controls i'll probably get used to these. Also for a guest character do you think someone like sheng long could be there I know it's dumb but it's just an idea.
#54  April 05, 2017, 11:12:11 pm
    • UK
While I do miss the original CVtW controls i'll probably get used to these. Also for a guest character do you think someone like sheng long could be there I know it's dumb but it's just an idea.
Y'know, it's funny that you mention that, because one of my first, now-dead projects was a Sheng Long in a vaguely MvC style, using sprites I was making as I went along. I still have those on my hard drive, and it's something I could easily pick up again if I felt like Sheng Long was worth including as a secret character.
#55  April 05, 2017, 11:34:59 pm
    • USA
Nice enthusiasm, keep it up.
#56  April 05, 2017, 11:42:33 pm
    • UK
#57  April 06, 2017, 04:07:44 pm
    • UK
UPDATE: Check the WIP topic for details on Mega Man!

Also...

VOICE ACTOR URGENTLY WANTED!
I'm now looking for somebody who's willing to do some original voice work for Mega Man. I originally wanted to use the original voice that SeanAltly used for his version, but there weren't enough voice clips for what I wanted, nor were there any clips for the attacks I wanted to do. So I'm looking for someone who could possibly pull off a boy's voice, around whatever age Mega Man is or slightly older. I don't really have many guidlines beyond that, but if you're familiar with Mega Man's character, then you might not need much guidance for that anyway.

Here's a few sample lines, if you wish to audition:
"Charge Kick!" - Standard fighting game shout.
"Let's go!" - Intro quote. Shows determination and resolve, but shouldn't sound cocky or arrogant.
"Take this! Black Hole Bomb!" - Super Combo shout. Standard "calling your attack" stuff.
"Good boy, Rush!" - Victory quote, where Rush turns into a jet, and both fly off the stage.
Standard fighting game attack sounds and hit grunts. As many as possible - I'm looking for 9 of each, 3 light, 3 medium and 3 heavy.

You can respond either by posting me a PM or by posting in here. Please let me know if you plan to audition, so that I can keep an eye out for it. And a huge thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help me out on this one!
Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:52:38 pm by Steel Komodo
#58  April 07, 2017, 02:20:09 pm
    • UK
EDIT: Okay, screw that whiny bullshit, I'm just gonna have to make do. I might change up his moveset a little to use the appropriate voice clips, but it's more likely that I'll just improvise with what's there. I'm not happy about doing it, but it's better than dropping the whole project just because I can't get my perfect vision for it.
Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:38:09 pm by Steel Komodo
Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump: Capcom vs. The World Alpha (Working Title)
#59  April 10, 2017, 03:55:38 pm
    • UK
So after a chat with Memo, I've decided that maybe I should pull my head out of my ass and return to the Capcom vs. The World Alpha idea I've done before. Since my gameplay style is much different from his project - his being more technical like SFV, whilst mine is more pick-up-and-play - I figure that I'm not infringing too much on his ideas. Also, I'm going to have to accept that maybe mixing CvS and CPS2 sprites isn't the horrible crime I think it is, even though I still don't like it overall.

After a preliminary bit of research, I've decided to re-jigger the roster from the original one, since a lot of characters I wanted didn't turn out so great:

Now that I have a set(ish) roster, I'm going to focus on updating Ryu with new gameplay features and graphical changes. Memo has kindly lent me the prototypes of his original gameplay style, which he has given me permission to utilize anything from to make my own characters. Expect an update on Ryu... soon-ish.
Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:43:12 pm by Steel Komodo
Re: Steel Komodo's Idea Dump: Capcom vs. The World Alpha (Working Title)
#60  April 10, 2017, 10:25:42 pm
Just a random idea but I think the final boss should be an amalgamation type boss. Either that or a copycat just to drive in the world part of the game...that is all.