YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2639871 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 PM
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#8621  July 27, 2016, 11:36:43 AM
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Juri's theme:I may be strange in terms of music and characters, but I think a char's theme MUST fit him/her. In Juri's case, she speaks high, she thinks high. There's no way her theme is so...minimal. SFIV's fits her better. It's thrilling and easily catchable.

I for example, even liking CvS1&2 OST, don't believe that "true love makin' "(or others) fits no one in a fighting game.
I swear there was something cool here!!
Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:40:39 AM by FeLo_Llop
#8622  July 27, 2016, 11:49:32 AM
    • USA
re: juri's theme

this isnt half assed in any sense, its a proper uk garage/2 step/deep techno cut. unfitting? yes, sort of. but this is a far more nuanced piece than you think.

Ah, so the song itself is not half assed, it just belongs to a half assed genre! Gotcha.

I don't even really think it's unfitting, sine Juri is a schemer and not a huge unstoppable force I think it sounds appropriately creepy. 

It fits her... As a story mode theme maybe, but as a character theme you're supposed to listen to while fighting? It already got old and I have yet to even fight a single Juri. It's almost Laura tier garbage.
#8623  July 27, 2016, 12:20:06 PM
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Didn't say it was good, said it fit.

Besides, the fact that it's a half assed song just means it fits perfectly in with how half assed everything else in this game is :D

Juri's theme:I may be strange in terms of music and characters, but I think a char's theme MUST fit him/her. In Juri's case, she speaks high, she thinks high. There's no way her theme is so...minimal. SFIV's fits her better. It's thrilling and easily catchable.

I for example, even liking CvS1&2 OST, don't believe that "true love makin' "(or others) fits no one in a fighting game.

I say this with no disrespect or ill intent whatsoever, but you really do not know anything about Juri's character if that's what you think.
#8624  July 27, 2016, 12:21:34 PM
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Survival mode is more broken than I thought, it doesnt load any of the dlc characters and any of the dlc stages, 
At a minimum it could randomize characters showing up with random costumes.
#8625  July 27, 2016, 12:57:43 PM
    • USA
It wont load them because the encounters aren't random at all. My guess is that they plan to rearrange the survival mode encounters once all the DLC characters are out.

They need to remake the damn thing from scratch anyway. Survival is beyond salvation at this point (God bless cheat engine for allowing me to change survival mode to 1 round 1 hit KO though).
#8626  July 27, 2016, 01:08:20 PM
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
It would certainly make more sense to unlock a new colour every 15 matches or something like that, instead of only unlocking several at 30 matches.
#8627  July 27, 2016, 01:20:50 PM
    • USA
Yes, but then you lose and must grind through the easy matches again, over and over. All while praying to the RNG so they drop you good bonuses to buy with the points and not HEALTH RECOVERY: LOW.

Maybe they should ditch the current encounter list altogether. Just make you fight against all the characters once, all of them with a set AI level all the way through (So you don't fight against 30 braindead enemies and then get a sudden difficulty spike against the enemy no. 31).

You'll have to fight against all the characters just once per difficulty tier. It still keeps higher difficulty colors difficult to obtain. You will just save the time you would waste grinding through the 80% of the matches before reaching the higher difficulty AI enemies.
#8628  July 27, 2016, 06:52:48 PM
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I'm really upset that the 1 round survival mod doesn't work anymore tbh, yesterday I tried to finish Juri's normal survival and the game crashed for some reason... normal isn't even that difficult, but damn I forgot how long it takes (plus gonna have to do it for all her costumes) and I don't have the patience to go through hard survival anymore.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#8629  July 27, 2016, 07:20:53 PM
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I say this with no disrespect or ill intent whatsoever, but you really do not know anything about Juri's character if that's what you think.

No harm done.

But after watching her rival scene in SSFIV, OVA, SF5StoryMode and SFxT thing(even not being canon, of course), she's kinda a psycho with a flashy sense of amusement. That's why I said her SF5 theme doesn't fits her, unless(of course) her sense of humour has changed, which is not the case. It sounds too minimal for someone who likes act high. She is stylish as Hell(remember her opening the door with...the foot), or being barefeet while being ALL clothed(of course, this could be a designer's fetish). Of course that hair. Her gesture. Her cocky version of taekwondo. Her "I don't give a damm protecting myself, that's why I rest my arm in my leg" stand. etc etc.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#8630  July 27, 2016, 07:29:37 PM
    • USA
This isn't really necessary, but..
I don't care what anyone says... That's King's theme lol. Juri doesn't really have a definitive theme though, hasn't been around that long. Who knows there could be more to her character in the future.
This would be extremely valid to say like MVC2 lol doesn't fit, but it does?

#8631  July 27, 2016, 07:38:19 PM
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
I'm really upset that the 1 round survival mod doesn't work anymore tbh, yesterday I tried to finish Juri's normal survival and the game crashed for some reason... normal isn't even that difficult, but damn I forgot how long it takes (plus gonna have to do it for all her costumes) and I don't have the patience to go through hard survival anymore.

Why not just use the trainer.
#8632  July 27, 2016, 07:38:48 PM
    • USA
#8633  July 27, 2016, 11:43:47 PM
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
This isn't really necessary, but..
I don't care what anyone says... That's King's theme lol. Juri doesn't really have a definitive theme though, hasn't been around that long. Who knows there could be more to her character in the future.
No, Eagle's.
#8634  July 27, 2016, 11:52:33 PM
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
At least it's better than her SFIV theme. That's not really saying much considering the old one sounded like a fucking DDR song but it's something.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#8635  July 28, 2016, 12:10:42 AM
    • USA
You forgot the "/s" at the end, otherwise people will think that you're being serious there.
#8636  July 28, 2016, 12:15:07 AM
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I don't care what anyone says... That's King's theme lol.

It's not just me that thinks that, holy shit.

Granted, the reason I feel that way personally is just due to the fact that my first match in CvS2 was against King on that stage and have since always associated True Love Makin' with her from that point onward, but still there is another!

lui

#8637  July 28, 2016, 02:29:51 AM
    • USA

mvc2's soundtrack is actually one of the worst parts of the game according to alot of review outlets, many reviewers at the time always said its one of the games weakpoints.

Across all platforms, many reviewers cited the jazz-inspired soundtrack as the game's biggest flaw. Jeremy Dunham of IGN described the music as "plain god-awful", stating that the "jazzy lounge lizard music and snappy beats" did not fit the action in the slightest. Martin Taylor of Eurogamer expressed his disappointment that the game's visual flair was backed by "a horrific, lift music-oriented soundtrack and low quality sound effects". Game Revolution shared the sentiment, declaring it as "some of the lamest music that you've ever heard".

i think alot of people in the fgc only like the soundtrack because of nostalgia. i personaly never liked it to begin with, it doesnt make me want to fight it makes me want to dance slowly to smooth jazz.

#8638  July 28, 2016, 02:30:36 AM
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Wow you all have shit taste.
#8639  July 28, 2016, 02:36:57 AM
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

And my shit tastes like ice cream.
#8640  July 28, 2016, 02:45:20 AM
  • You did better than good... you did gooder
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I'm not sure how the arrived at the conclusion to make the soundtrack be comprised entirely of upbeat jazz, nor am I certain if doing so was even a good idea in the first place, but... it's super catchy and fun to listen to! It somehow doesn't feel completely and utterly out of place, so it's good enough!