• For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Ah thank you very much!
Re: Rose released
#22  July 13, 2020, 11:43:28 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
The more I play around with this Rose, the more I'm enjoying what she can do and how she works. Another great addition to my roster. A few things worth noting in addition to everything else that was mentioned though:

- All variants of her Soul Throw are missing the Soul Flames when she throws the opponent back down, including the super versions. It doesn't happen in Alpha 3, but Rose does burn the inflicted opponent in SFIV. I think adding them to her EX variant would be a good middle ground between the normal variant and Aura Soul Throw.
- The Soul Reflect part of MAX Aura Soul Spark should do more damage if you actually hit the opponent with it. It does more damage than you have it set to in the Alpha games.
- The energy effects surrounding Rose's scarf during Soul Reflect are misaligned.

Can't wait to see what you're doing with Terry, seeing and feeling what you've done with Iori and now Rose has me way excited.
#23  July 13, 2020, 12:47:43 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Kinda late here but I've got feedback:
1. Is it intentional that she lacks FX for her EX Soul Spiral?
2. Her Soul Throw could do with more impact when P2 hits the ground.
3. Did you postpone adding the Soul Satellite? Because you said you planned to add it back in the WIP thread.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#24  July 13, 2020, 04:42:40 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
- All variants of her Soul Throw are missing the Soul Flames when she throws the opponent back down, including the super versions. It doesn't happen in Alpha 3, but Rose does burn the inflicted opponent in SFIV. I think adding them to her EX variant would be a good middle ground between the normal variant and Aura Soul Throw.
I feel that they would come out of nowhere because in Alpha she doesn't use aura during the move. Maybe if I can rip his vfx for sfiv soul throw at some point I'll add it.
- The Soul Reflect part of MAX Aura Soul Spark should do more damage if you actually hit the opponent with it. It does more damage than you have it set to in the Alpha games.
Cant believe I missed that, fixed. It took a lil bit of rebalancing. Thanks :)
- The energy effects surrounding Rose's scarf during Soul Reflect are misaligned.
That's me being awful on vfxs :c since she's on a different scale than Alpha Rose, I had to resize the vfxs manually and convert them from there. Some of them coudn't be saved :c I'll try to redo them if a find a nice method but I think I need to learn to redraw a lil bit.
1. Is it intentional that she lacks FX for her EX Soul Spiral?
It is not! Nice catch.
2. Her Soul Throw could do with more impact when P2 hits the ground.
You mean vel wise or endshake wise? I'll look into it
3. Did you postpone adding the Soul Satellite? Because you said you planned to add it back in the WIP thread.
It was dropped in favour of Illusion Spark. It's not off the table because FeLo wants to sprite her moves from Omega Mode, and I could use Satellite as the lvl 3 of that mode.

Thanks for the feedback :]

#25  July 13, 2020, 07:18:08 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
She does use Aura during the super variants in Alpha though, so those could be added. I think CvS2 had smaller flame sprites that would cling to the characters if they were hit by fire attacks, I'm not sure if those specifically have been hi-res'd though.

Something else I forgot to mention, still relating to Soul Throw: I feel like the superjump sound would fit better for it rather than the normal jump sound. I also feel like there should be a sound for when she throws the opponent back down, like the heavy kick swing sound. Without the sound, it kind of feels like she's just dropping them to the floor lol
#26  July 14, 2020, 01:10:33 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Hoooray!!! I'm DLing her ATM. I've been out because of family stuff, so once I test her I'll tell stuff.

PS: Yes, I'm not forgetting about "these kind of things" ;)!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#27  July 15, 2020, 02:38:01 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since her update hasn't been out yet, I got some late feedback I need to post as I couldn't get around it earlier due to issues with my computer:
-All EX attacks has no EX sound effect when activated.
-Soul Spiral doesn't have a dust effect when she starts sliding.
-Soul Throw causes the camera to go down when the opponent is caught in the air.
-Illusion Spark doesn't have a swing sound when it misses.
-The voice clip where she misses her Soul Drain throw still plays even if she successfully catches the opponent.
-The opponent is already on the ground when they are thrown by Soul Fade.
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, she will do close standing HK instead of the normal one and it won't hit the opponent.
-Same reason about the opponent's hitbox, they can go through the normal standing HK simply running close to her.

Anything else I haven't mentioned should've been covered by everyone else.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#28  July 15, 2020, 06:07:48 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
She does use Aura during the super variants in Alpha though, so those could be added. I think CvS2 had smaller flame sprites that would cling to the characters if they were hit by fire attacks, I'm not sure if those specifically have been hi-res'd though.

Something else I forgot to mention, still relating to Soul Throw: I feel like the superjump sound would fit better for it rather than the normal jump sound. I also feel like there should be a sound for when she throws the opponent back down, like the heavy kick swing sound. Without the sound, it kind of feels like she's just dropping them to the floor lol
Fair points here. I added flame particles visual effects and superjump sound effect. I also added a sound effect from POTS Cammy when throwing the opponent with flames (Aura Soul Throw and Air Throw). I also added a woosh sound effect for regular/EX Soul Throws but I'm not too sure about it.

Hoooray!!! I'm DLing her ATM. I've been out because of family stuff, so once I test her I'll tell stuff.

PS: Yes, I'm not forgetting about "these kind of things" ;)!

Hey fella, no worries, take your time. I hope you're family is doing better :]
-All EX attacks has no EX sound effect when activated.
Fixed.
-Soul Spiral doesn't have a dust effect when she starts sliding.
Added.
-Soul Throw causes the camera to go down when the opponent is caught in the air.
I'm not too sure about this but I think it's fixed? Please lemme know, it might be an issue related to stages with superjump (I don't use them)
-Illusion Spark doesn't have a swing sound when it misses.
Added.
-The voice clip where she misses her Soul Drain throw still plays even if she successfully catches the opponent.
Fixed.
-The opponent is already on the ground when they are thrown by Soul Fade.
Fixed. Recoded the entire move while we're at it lmao. You can't imagine the nightmares Soul Throw related moves gave me during development.
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, she will do close standing HK instead of the normal one and it won't hit the opponent.
-Same reason about the opponent's hitbox, they can go through the normal standing HK simply running close to her.
Fixed.

Thanks a whole lot to all you giving me feedback for Rose :] I can't express how happy it makes to see you supporting my character this much. An update will be posted later today with Terry.
#29  July 16, 2020, 08:45:32 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
]
I'm not too sure about this but I think it's fixed? Please lemme know, it might be an issue related to stages with superjump (I don't use them)
Yeah, it seems to only apply to stages with superjump. I usually test characters in general on a stage with superjump. Otherwise, it's looks normal when it doesn't have it.

And this is how close Rose does her close standing HK to the point where it won't even land:

While her hitbox itself is fine, she shouldn't do the close standing HK at that distance and should perform the normal standing HK instead.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#30  September 01, 2020, 03:45:55 am
  • The Sweet One
  • let’s get scratchin’!
    • USA
    • superscratchkat.neocities.org
this character rocks!! if you dont mind, what's the stage used in the preview screenshots?
#31  September 01, 2020, 03:58:03 am
  • Was it something I said?
It's Rose's stage from Alpha 2, I believe.
#32  September 01, 2020, 04:09:02 am
  • The Sweet One
  • let’s get scratchin’!
    • USA
    • superscratchkat.neocities.org
thanks!