YesNoOk

Ikemen Go Character Updates (Read 52748 times)

Started by PotS, June 12, 2022, 12:44:04 pm
Share this topic:
Ikemen Go Character Updates
New #1  June 12, 2022, 12:44:04 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
So I guess I'm putting my money where my mouth was and am finally showing proper support for Ikemen Go. These still need a bit more polishing, but I think they're at a good point to be shared.

A few things to note:
- Redundant features such as movelist and stun were removed
- This change should be invisible, but a good portion of the system code was improved to take advantage of Ikemen's features
- The inputs now use a custom "buffer" to work around Ikemen's current issues. If you play them for 5 minutes then try the old versions again, you will feel it
- I changed the damage scaling again (except for Pocket Shin Gouki). It's now inspired by SF4 and SF5's scaling. Many combos will thus now do more damage than before

Let me know if these changes broke anything.

Because I started them a few weeks ago, these updates may have some things that the latest Mugen versions do not. Such as:

Dan:
- Added some basic taunt cancels

Morrigan:
- Added Midnight Bliss animation thanks to Toni

Cammy:
- Added a couple taunts, thanks to Potemkill
- Added Knee Bullet and Falling Arc, also thanks to Potemkill

Known issues:
- Some combos may be doing too much damage now. Let me know if something's outrageous
- Parry does not work 100% properly because of some Ikemen peculiarities. I'm considering whether I should wait it out for those to be fixed, or if I should just take the opportunity to remove it since I think that, when it comes to the amount of mechanics in my chars, it is the straw that breaks the camel's back so to speak

DOWNLOAD
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 02:25:55 am by Foobs
Re: Ikemen Go Character Updates
#2  June 12, 2022, 06:16:00 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Now we're talking. Good job.
#3  June 12, 2022, 09:25:23 pm

I congratulate you and what do you consider an ikemen, what you announced has pleased me a lot,
you have considered putting your characters in cps2 scale .833, 1 to .833, 1.07 and those of cvs from 1, 1 to 1, 1.07, they look like capcom fighting evolution, for me that scale looks better , you should try if you like, greetings
#4  June 13, 2022, 01:31:27 am
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Don't know if my execution is bad, but I can't do the d,d,d inputs in all of your characters.

Sakura - Her kick throw when holding back looks like the opponents uses the forward vels.
Lei-Lei - Chuukadan explosion don't dissapear, this happens with Chireitou blades too.
Evil Ryu - This one maybe isn't a bug, but I will report anyway: I can't cancel senpukyaku into tatsumaki anymore.
Geese - Rashoumon in the movelist have the wrong button there's a punch instead of a kick.
Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 01:35:13 am by Lurker
#5  June 14, 2022, 04:43:20 pm
    • Portugal
Thanks guys.

you have considered putting your characters in cps2 scale .833, 1 to .833, 1.07 and those of cvs from 1, 1 to 1, 1.07, they look like capcom fighting evolution, for me that scale looks better , you should try if you like, greetings
That scale would be more accurate to the arcade games, indeed. The only reason I use the CvS scale is because when you use a scale larger than 1, the sprites begin to lose detail and some parts look warped.

Don't know if my execution is bad, but I can't do the d,d,d inputs in all of your characters.
I think there's a fine line between making inputs too strict or too lenient, but I'll look into it.

Sakura - Her kick throw when holding back looks like the opponents uses the forward vels.
Fixed.

Lei-Lei - Chuukadan explosion don't dissapear, this happens with Chireitou blades too.
How could I miss that. :XD: This is pretty serious so I'm uploading an emergency update.

Evil Ryu - This one maybe isn't a bug, but I will report anyway: I can't cancel senpukyaku into tatsumaki anymore.
Unnintentional. It's because I changed Senpukyaku's state number a while ago. Fixed.

Geese - Rashoumon in the movelist have the wrong button there's a punch instead of a kick.
Not too bad considering my history with movelist typos. :sugoi:

I hope to get the rest of these issues sorted out over the weekend.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#6  June 25, 2022, 04:20:45 pm
    • Portugal
Another update with bug fixes and system tweaks.

I guess the interesting thing about this one is that Shin Gouki received a new move after 10.000 years:

#7  July 03, 2022, 06:56:37 pm
These updates are dope man jeez.

What I noticed so far

Cammy

I really dig the new animations, however I would suggest using a stretchy sound and not a "woosh" for her taunt.
Maybe the sound Rock uses while pulling on his gloves ? something like that.
Other than that she feels great, inputs work as they should, smooth as silk.

Dan
With Dan when I try to roll sometimes I get a standing HK or HP, I played a couple of matches VS the AI and only Dan seems to have that issue, I tried with Cammy  and she was rolling no issues.

Vega
Damn do I dig the updates with the EX attacks, I love the fact that I can follow up the EX Scissor kicks with a level 1.
However, I noticed that with the EX projectiles he has not the hyper one the normal ones, he can abuse those a tad bit, using the EX one with the normal ones can cause a wall, yeah I know they are easy to punish if you are close to him however he can do some insane setup, I would suggest when the EX one is out, he should not be able to fire another one until that explodes.

Edit, I just noticed those projectiles go through you before they explode, I assumed that they will hit you, but still I feel they can be tweaked a tad bit.
When you do the EX one if you have bar ofc, you can then cover your butt with the medium or short one.

Guy
Seems fine to me, I can land most anything, only thing I can nitpick on him is that most of your chars have a doge, but he does not, with how speedy he is I miss it.

This is what I tested so far, I really dig those updates, and will go through the rest of the cast.

Awesome stuff.
Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 07:25:28 pm by PeXXeR
#8  July 03, 2022, 07:25:08 pm
    • Portugal
I'm glad you like them. :)

Cammy

I really dig the new animations, however I would suggest using a stretchy sound and not a "woosh" for her taunt.
Maybe the sound Rock uses while pulling on his gloves ? something like that.
Other than that she feels great, inputs work as they should, smooth as silk.
All credit goes to Potemkill for those new animations.
The sounds I tried so far seem a bit overkill with how effortless the animation looks, but I'll change the current one if I find one I like.

Dan
With Dan when I try to roll sometimes I get a standing HK or HP, I played a couple of matches VS the AI and only Dan seems to have that issue, I tried with Cammy  and she was rolling no issues.
Forgot to apply the buffer to his rolls (only his for some reason), so you have to press A and X at exactly the same frame.

Vega
Damn do I dig the updates with the EX attacks, I love the fact that I can follow up the EX Scissor kicks with a level 1.
However, I noticed that with the EX projectiles he has not the hyper one the normal ones, he can abuse those a tad bit, using the EX one with the normal ones can cause a wall, yeah I know they are easy to punish if you are close to him however he can do some insane setup, I would suggest when the EX one is out, he should not be able to fire another one until that explodes.
Forgot to add the new EX Field to the fireball flag so he can't do more than one.

Guy
Seems fine to me, I can land most anything, only thing I can nitpick on him is that most of your chars have a doge, but he does not, with how speedy he is I miss it.
That's a popular request so I may add it.

Since it's still Sunday I fixed and reuploaded Vega and Dan.
#9  July 03, 2022, 07:35:06 pm
#10  July 03, 2022, 07:41:12 pm
    • Portugal
#11  July 03, 2022, 08:27:51 pm
You know, that also fits with how cartoony alpha sprites are (Y)

Just messed about with Shin Akuma and he is bonkers :D
He's very fun, a suggestion I have is, why not let him chain those two  (Close HK) and (Fwd MP) so he can then link lets say to a tatsu and start the shenanigans all over again.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

One more thing I noticed with Vega, when he does hes level 1 right before the last hit a spark or a dust cloud is being placed in the wrong place, im guessing its used where the body lands, check the floor on the left.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Edit more Vega stuff,

Here I am trying to roll in the opposite direction but Vega just does not want to do it most of the time, so im doing the sweep on the left side, im trying to roll to the right but he goes back to the left.

Mugen version of Vega does not even want to roll half the time, he just does an standing HP or HK, when he rolls he also does it in the wrong direction.

Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 09:26:19 pm by PeXXeR
#12  July 03, 2022, 10:16:11 pm
    • Portugal
Just messed about with Shin Akuma and he is bonkers :D
He's very fun, a suggestion I have is, why not let him chain those two  (Close HK) and (Fwd MP) so he can then link lets say to a tatsu and start the shenanigans all over again.
You're requesting one of the few things he can't do in terms of combos. :XD: There's no point in having KOF command cancels in a character that already has chain combos, I think.
You know, it's funny by the way because I added those in Geese but for the characters made afterward the code just sits there disabled. He ended up being the only character I made with that.

One more thing I noticed with Vega, when he does hes level 1 right before the last hit a spark or a dust cloud is being placed in the wrong place, im guessing its used where the body lands, check the floor on the left.
Fixed. Also some instances of the same issue in other chars.

Edit more Vega stuff,

Here I am trying to roll in the opposite direction but Vega just does not want to do it most of the time, so im doing the sweep on the left side, im trying to roll to the right but he goes back to the left.
Not fixed yet but I know what must be done. Thanks. That should happen with every char.

Mugen version of Vega does not even want to roll half the time, he just does an standing HP or HK, when he rolls he also does it in the wrong direction.
This is because you can buffer his normals but not the roll, so if you do the input early you get a normal to come out instead of the roll. I knew about this but couldn't be bothered to fix it since I was weaning off the Mugen versions.

Thanks for all the feedback.
#13  September 11, 2022, 09:26:57 am
    • Portugal
Everyone was updated today.

Same as always:
- Bug fixing
- Gameplay adjustments
- Added victory music as a test, so let me know if it breaks anything

While I don't want to remake AI for so many characters, lately I've been fixing some things so the older characters are less stupid. I'm not done yet but the difference should be beginning to show.
#14  October 17, 2022, 05:54:03 pm
    • Canada
    • nanasarpong30655@gmail.com
Cammy is only able to use her extra move list when the AI(Watch mode) in control.
#15  October 21, 2022, 09:56:18 pm
    • Portugal
I accidentally messed it up when using text replacement. Thanks for pointing it out. Since the result is just that the AI can use moves from both modes I think there's no need for an emergency patch.
#16  November 04, 2022, 06:17:30 pm
    • Portugal
Updated everyone today. About half of them should have some new tricks.
#17  November 05, 2022, 04:14:13 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Updated everyone today. About half of them should have some new tricks.
thank you for your hard work and taking the time to update them on the ikemen go software, but when are you gonna make more new characters ? I know and I understand that the mugen community is using your template to make many POTS style character by using your name. so why not make it interesting and show the mugen community you can show something deferent and unlike others.

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#18  November 05, 2022, 06:43:33 pm
    • Portugal
Thanks. I appreciate your interest. I think the Mugen community has lost most of its appreciation for "different". Even my own chars have been criticized because I didn't just stick 100% to how I made things 14 years ago. I might make a new char when I get bored of making these updates (which have been very fun), but I can't promise anything.
#19  November 05, 2022, 08:01:34 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
Thanks. I appreciate your interest. I think the Mugen community has lost most of its appreciation for "different". Even my own chars have been criticized because I didn't just stick 100% to how I made things 14 years ago. I might make a new char when I get bored of making these updates (which have been very fun), but I can't promise anything.

Sorry to barge into this, but what 'most' think is not relevant. You literally changed the face of MUGEN, and for each one that does not like your style, there are like 20 who does. Things change and evolve, and so does MUGEN, their characters and the programing. So, if you can't make new characters, that's ok, but don't let what others might think be an obstacle for your art.

If anything, you have my support.  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#20  March 19, 2023, 07:09:16 pm
    • Portugal
Updated everyone again. Also threw in Rare Akuma.

These updates only work in Ikemen GO 0.99, which is currently in testing phase. If you're still using 0.98.2 you should skip these.