YesNoOk

brokenIKEMEN Lifebar/Screenpack Project for IKEMEN GO by two4teezee (Read 27927 times)

Started by two4teezee, January 14, 2021, 04:35:09 am
Share this topic:
brokenIKEMEN Lifebar/Screenpack Project for IKEMEN GO by two4teezee
#1  January 14, 2021, 04:35:09 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/two4teezee
Hey everybody, it's been quite a while!

Some of you will remember my last public project (https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/two4teezees-wips-brokenmugen-lifebars-redesign-bm1-1-159914.0.html). I abandoned this project due to the lack of features in Mugen 1.1, and while I thought add004 would answer some of my needs, that codebase was fairly new and quite complex at the time. bM1.1 was never released for those reasons. I've recently returned to the scene and I was pleased to find that Ikemen GO would support all of the functionality I wanted to finish my abandoned project, and much more.

Over the holidays I was able to complete the lifebars and contribute some edits to the Ikemen GO code source that enables complex animations at various stages of a round (keen observers will notice several things which are simply impossible to do in Mugen). Here's the first video I've released to showcase this WIP, let me know what you think!

Re: brokenIKEMEN Lifebar/Screenpack Project for IKEMEN GO by two4teezee
#2  January 14, 2021, 06:37:12 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Beatiful lifebar, congratulations for this good design result.
#3  January 14, 2021, 06:45:23 am
    • Canada
Whooooa, you're back!!!

I'm not surprised Ikemen was the big reason. It's definitely changing the game right now... Literally. Always good to see another one return. Looking forward to this!
#4  January 14, 2021, 09:13:53 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
This is amazing to hear, this was also the screenpack that I used when I really got into mugen years ago, so it's got so much nostalgia for me, glad to see it'll be ported over to Ikemen Go
#5  January 17, 2021, 03:17:12 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I am at a loss for words.
#6  January 24, 2021, 11:26:34 pm
  • ScribblyTheCreator
  • Royality of Creator
    • Mexico
    • https://sites.google.com/view/scribblymugengamesandmore/main
Wow! i Can Wait for This IKEMEN Screenpack!
#7  February 22, 2021, 06:27:21 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
Hey guys! I took a very short break from designing brokenIKEMEN but in exchange I've been diving into the Ikemen GO engine and getting acquainted with both the GoLang and Lua pieces. I've created a universal trials mode that requires a single, simply formatted file that enables trials mode for that character - I think character creators will love this. My implementation leverages Ikemen GO's glyphs support and provides full graphical customizability, and in the Lua easily allows game creators to modify any piece of the mode itself if they so desire. Pretty excited about this! A bit more testing is required but I'm hopeful, and confident this will be integrated into the Ikemen GO master once my testing is complete. Thanks to Kamekaze for sharing his initial implementation with me! And now, back to designing brokenIKEMEN...

Here's a video to whet your appetite, I haven't finished developing all the graphic assets but I figured I should send out an update!

#8  February 22, 2021, 08:30:14 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
you got my attention, i'm looking forward to see u complete this!
#9  February 22, 2021, 02:12:45 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
So cool, need to try it before start my sf3 coding
#10  February 23, 2021, 08:00:20 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
Here's another clip of the trials mode, testing out characters and longer trials. I'll have to implement a scrolling mode for really long trials.

I was asked on the Ikemen GO discord if horizontal trial layouts will be possible, like KOF XIII. The answer is yes, up to the screenpack author to make that work but all the hooks are in.

Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 08:29:17 am by two4teezee
#11  February 23, 2021, 08:15:42 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
hope u keep it up because i subscribed to this topic. lol.
#12  April 24, 2021, 08:55:22 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
Hey everyone, progress has been a bit slower over the last two months because I've been pinballing between a few projects and I am moving. Trying to nail down the look for the select and versus screens has been challenging and I've been through a few designs that I've scrapped, but I kept coming back to certain central themes that have persisted since the start. I decided to bring the project back closer to its brokenMUGEN roots but also evolving the look I have developed with the lifebars. You'll notice in this video that I'm also showing how brokenIKEMEN will display the Ratio team mode.

The sound effects aren't finalized, as a matter of fact many are missing, but I wanted to show the progress to date. I reused the Versus screen music from brokenMUGEN but I might change it... I just thought it fit well there. Let me know what you think!

Also, taking the time to answer a few of the common questions I've been receiving:
  • The shown select screen is 4x9x2, so 72 slots. I also created a 23x10x2 select screen (460 slots). I will probably create a few more permutations of the select screen, particularly when Gacel finishes up some of the select screen improvements that have been discussed on the Discord.
  • While brokenIKEMEN was designed for 1280x720, it will also ship with a 1280x960 .def for the 4:3 people.
  • Trials Mode is part of IKEMEN engine modifications I've been working on, but brokenIKEMEN will come with a trials mode theme.

Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:58:49 am by two4teezee
#13  April 24, 2021, 06:57:27 pm
    • Aruba
Damn! This is pretty clean tho.