YesNoOk

SNES Street Fighter 2 World Warrior Sprites (Read 7962 times)

Started by ShinySpiritSeer, September 13, 2020, 04:36:21 am
Share this topic:
SNES Street Fighter 2 World Warrior Sprites
#1  September 13, 2020, 04:36:21 am
    • USA
Everywhere I look all I find is either Turbo or Super SNES sprites: how am I to recreate the World Warrior cast if I can't find these? I know I can rip them, but I'm curious if anyone else has so I don't do all the painful ripping only for them to exist elsewhere
Re: SNES Street Fighter 2 World Warrior Sprites
#2  September 13, 2020, 04:40:54 am
    • USA
try and find rips for the Hyper Street Fighter 2 sprite sheets. They have the sprites of every single sprite of every character, world warrior to super turbo, though most of the sprites are the same through each version, some sprites did receive some changes
#3  September 13, 2020, 04:46:47 am
    • USA
This would be okay if it was SNES, not Arcade. I need specifically the SNES ones as I'm trying to recreate the SNES versions
#4  September 13, 2020, 05:22:34 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
If you're recreating a game,you could just use the Hyper/Turbo SNES sprites.

The only difference is World Warriors 4 bosses lack sprites since they weren't (originally) playable anyway. Otherwise there are some color differences. M.Bison's (dictator) color is more red in World Warrior than in Turbo. I donno why they changed that. But yea, I would go with SF2Turbo SNES sprites, since there are more sprite frames to work with.

If you're going with TRUE authentic from World Warrior,, then that's gonna take a lot of effort, as most sites with sprite rips went with SF2Turbo anyway.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#5  September 13, 2020, 06:12:11 am
    • USA
Not a fullgame persay, but I like to be rather accurate with my recreations, like for instance some sprite fidelity, some animations using completely different sprites ect.
For example the crouch turn animation:

Posted: September 13, 2020, 08:48:43 am
Figured out that in SNES World Warrior I can just swap Ryu and Ken's heads and it looks exact so that's at least one easy one, the rest I'm ripping manually, thank you though!
#6  September 14, 2020, 02:40:49 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X