YesNoOk

DrPotem Sprites (Read 437101 times)

Started by DrPotem, October 26, 2009, 04:42:29 pm
Re: DrPotem Sprites
#221  October 28, 2022, 10:06:22 am
So, this R. Mika have different clothes design, with heart "cut" part.
Will you also convert all the classic anims sprites from SFA3?
Currently my project is to make a full spritesheet of Mika with the SFV costume, but I plan to adapt the new animations and custom sprites in the future to the classic SFA costume when my project is finished. Anyway yesterday I modified this animation to be compatible with the already existing RMika versions of Mugen with the SFA outfit.

Also, I certainly have asked before, but I would be cusrious to see some steps between the simplified 3D model rips and final sprite...
I always love t osee the process in spriters works I like. :)

I have assembled this with the reference frames and previous versions, the sprites that do not have 3D versions are intermediate sprites that I created to start from the stand fluidity.
Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 10:28:37 am by DrPotem
#222  October 28, 2022, 11:57:02 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Oh! Nice !! Thanks!
In fact, I'm not that much fan of SFA3 Design of R.Mika... I mean
-I prefer the heart upper body cut from SFV (the double tits hearts stuff have never been my stuff lol)
-But I prefer the lower body clothes design of SFA3 R.Mika (SFV's version, from some angles, looks like she wears some kind of shorts with a weird cut on the bottom ^^;)

I have to say I was not even sure you edited the lower body costume of R.Mika. (But I have confirmation)

Don't feel forced to make 2 spritesets.
Actually if you stick with SFV design, it's enough! :)

My point was more about the fact we have a great CS spriteset in POTS characters, and it could have been a good base to create your custom from the beginning. (Even if I know that spriting from an advanced CD-ized character can be very time consuming)

I'm absolutely very glad to know your custom R.Mika will cover both SFA3 and SFV animations!
If no one is hyped enough to make such a character. I might take it on!

Thanks for showing some steps of work.
But actually just 3 still pictures would be ok. Something like :
1-simplified and scalled 3D model
2-some step of work
3-final sprite

Keep it up! I can't wait to see more of your work!
#223  November 02, 2022, 03:41:32 pm
I have decided to do a rework of SFV Rainbow Mika LP

I leave here part of the process.

And how I did the intermediate frame between the beginning of the LP hit and when she is in its stand animation.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#224  November 02, 2022, 08:09:25 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I have decided to do a rework of SFV Rainbow Mika LP

What a great update!
This animation is great now, particularly for a "simple" LP

Yes, sometime, it seems like working with 3D models gives some proportion problems.
I noticed some in Gouken or other 3D based characters.

From your "old" spritesheet of R.Mika posted here, I noticed her stand MP (?) the one where she do some chop, could have a longer arm too.

Same fro jump MP (?) the one where she double punches up, The upper body proportions can be better (arms mostly)

For her jump MK, I'm not sure, since I cannot watch in action, but might look strange when animated.
It sorta works in 3D, but not sure how it would work as sprites, unless some extra editing (frames/effects...) is added.

And THANKS for showing a bit of your process!!
#225  November 03, 2022, 12:44:24 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I CAN HEAR THE PAFFFF IN THAT SLAP!! EYEGASMIC WORK, POTEM!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#226  November 03, 2022, 01:48:52 am
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
That 'slap' may be a LP, but when a b*tch-slap is given, is basically game over for the other player.  :mlol:

Amazing work, as always.  :sugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#227  November 03, 2022, 04:08:54 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I think the hair makes it look like her head isn't turning with her body (even though it is). But great work as usual.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#228  November 03, 2022, 04:24:41 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I think the hair makes it look like her head isn't turning with her body (even though it is). But great work as usual.

Yes, I know what you mean here.
Also, only one ponnytail move.

And taking SF5 crazy physics hair as a reference would not be the best idea ^^;
#229  June 19, 2023, 07:27:54 pm
This time I come loaded with many jobs so here they go hahaha.

I've been making Hibiki and Dan animations for commissions for a while and here they are:

This is an animation that I did modifying one that Rabano made previously.

These are the Dan animations I made for Nate, the legendary taunt, a reversion of the strong punch that POTS made to Dan, and two animations based on the dan from the match of the millennium

These are the CvS2 Hibiki animations I made for Scramble

This is a rimururu stand that Scramble asked me for with this specific design

I decided to work on Poison's booth because I would like to do a sprite sheet of her in the future although she still has work to do.

I read you and I think you are right so I decided to modify the hair so that it is not so static.
updated -->

Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 09:05:03 pm by DrPotem
#230  June 19, 2023, 09:33:27 pm
    • Portugal
You always deliver both in quality and quantity. :thumbsup:

I love the Dan animations but I think you should've kept them in the fat SFA scale. Unless it was the commissioner's request of course.

I read you and I think you are right so I decided to modify the hair so that it is not so static.
I hate to say this but I still feel the same way about it. Look at her standing medium punch to see what I mean (don't have the sprites at hand).
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#231  June 19, 2023, 11:01:07 pm
    • Argentina
Those looks really cool!!

also, You don't mind if I can use those Dan Sprites?
#232  June 20, 2023, 02:06:03 am
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."

I decided to work on Poison's booth because I would like to do a sprite sheet of her in the future although she still has work to do.

Finally. A decent Poison stand animation.  :pleased:

Great work, as always!

Aplauso Masivo!
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#233  June 20, 2023, 03:52:53 am
    • USA

I love the Dan animations but I think you should've kept them in the fat SFA scale. Unless it was the commissioner's request of course.

I hate to say this but I still feel the same way about it. Look at her standing medium punch to see what I mean (don't have the sprites at hand).

I commissioned them to match with CvS Dan's sprite set, and I love how it all turned out
#234  June 20, 2023, 08:31:04 am
Those looks really cool!!

also, You don't mind if I can use those Dan Sprites?
Feel free to use giving credit hahaha, use them on a character, modify them or use them however you want hahaha.
I asked Nate since he commissioned it and has the same point of view as I do, it's best if the community can use any of the animations if they want.

Finally. A decent Poison stand animation.  :pleased:

Great work, as always!

Aplauso Masivo!
She looks good but she still has a lot of work to do with her hands, shorts, whip and hair

I tried to adapt it to the style of the CvS2 sprites because that's how it was commissioned but if anyone wants to modify them to better match SFA style feel free to do so.
don't worry, I made the movement and the size of the hair a little more coherent with the movement of the animation, I thought about making the hair go in front of the arm but it hinders the animation too much and I'm not quite convinced, I have to touch up the animation to see if I can make it look more natural.

update:, I tried to do a quick change and i think it looks better.

Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 09:21:27 am by DrPotem
#235  June 20, 2023, 07:06:14 pm
    • Portugal
That did it. :thumbsup:
#236  June 20, 2023, 07:30:04 pm
    • USA
This time I come loaded with many jobs so here they go hahaha.

These are the CvS2 Hibiki animations I made for Scramble

This is a rimururu stand that Scramble asked me for with this specific design

Still amazed and happy by how these turned out! I can’t wait to see more of Rimururu!
#237  June 22, 2023, 09:38:44 pm
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
#238  June 23, 2023, 02:32:26 pm
Those hibiki sprites are worth the wait! Unironically more expressive than what we got in samsho 7 lol
#239  January 17, 2024, 05:15:53 pm
It's been a long time since I've been here, a lot of work on my job, but in my spare time I'm making some animations.
RMika's mid-air kick from SFV.

I have been going for seasons with this animation because it has been complicated to adapt and in the end the hair never convinced me, but being an aerial movement I feel that it doesn't look bad on it.
feedback is well received, feel free to use if you want to make another animation o somethingelse

when I edit it with the SFA suit I'll upload it in the expansion spritesheet area.
Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 05:20:30 pm by DrPotem
#240  January 17, 2024, 05:30:21 pm
    • Portugal
The head position looks too static I think. Rest looks great as usual.