YesNoOk

Random animations for practice. (Read 413696 times)

Started by Rabano, October 29, 2022, 12:22:34 am
Re: Random animations for practice.
#21  October 31, 2022, 03:45:41 pm
    • Argentina
Dude, hot damn. You're making me wanna code these characters now and use these assets (with permission ofc).

Would you be up for attempting a sprite/anim from a character that doesn't have a base yet? Rashid and Abel both have bases from Chu to at least build off of for these, but someone, like G for example, doesn't have a base.

You don't have to but I figured I'd ask.

I tried my best

Btw Im doint Abel's Low Punch right now:

Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 04:32:42 pm by Rabano
#22  October 31, 2022, 06:42:35 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Oh holy damn that G looks clean.

Abel's punch is coming along too. Gawdayum.

Seriously keep it up my guy.
#23  October 31, 2022, 07:25:25 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Actually your method is more than decent! And the result really good!

I only hope you don't scale down the sprites one by one. (so you can be sure you scale all of them with the same values)

I'm glad to see you also edit some proportions before to actually work on details.
Yes, these 2D classic sprites have something you cannot render in 3D, whater they try in games ;)

I have no better method, yours is very good!

KarmaCharmeleon seems to have a way to rip 3D models from modern games into sprites.
You can see it in his post about Lucia or some older post about an extra kick (based on KofXV) needed for his Angel.

I have no specific request or something, but I would really recommand you to give a try at SFV's boxer/Balrog.
By using his "Mike" costume, you would have the best base to update your Mike... Just saying...

Otherwise, it would be great to see your take on another character...
Even if I would love to see Abel completed... with extra / missing moves
Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 07:31:16 pm by Momotaro
#24  October 31, 2022, 07:51:28 pm
    • Argentina
Thanks you ^^

I know it's not a really good method, for example I can't trace over moves like supers or command grabs because those have different camera angles, or some characters don't look good in this method, for example I wanted to try doing Damnd/Trasher using Final Fight Revenge, but those models are facing eachother instead of being in a 3/4 angle (Im still having hope though, I have some kind of theory about Damnd being in the first season of SF6 DLC)

This is mostly to practice anatomy, shading and overall control on my spriteworks, so maybe I can try to do my own stuff without guidence in a future
#25  October 31, 2022, 09:23:44 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
These are actually not bad, Rabano. I am liking your progress and overall approach to animation design and movement.

I would like to see you try out animations for other characters. Outside of Street Fighter, are there characters from other series you'd like to try out in the future?
#26  October 31, 2022, 09:33:29 pm
    • Argentina
Abel's Low Punch done:

These are actually not bad, Rabano. I am liking your progress and overall approach to animation design and movement.

I would like to see you try out animations for other characters. Outside of Street Fighter, are there characters from other series you'd like to try out in the future?

Thanks you ^^, I wasn't planing more characters outside street fighter, but if I have to choose I'll try Kukri from KOF and Feng from Tekken

PD: I just realize I took the wrong animation, that's Abel Medium Punch, not Low Punch, I guess I can add another frame, or there's MP normals with 4 frames?
Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 12:06:56 am by Rabano
#27  October 31, 2022, 10:33:15 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
These are really, really awesome work. Definitely gonna follow this thread :D
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#28  November 01, 2022, 01:33:28 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Man, that's awesome!! And you're keeping previous quality too! Believe or not, but that's hard to achieve, and you're doing it preety cool!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#29  November 01, 2022, 01:37:48 am
    • Argentina
Now here's Abel's actual Low Punch:

Maybe after this I'll do something for Lucia, using Nexus sprite as the base

Oh, and here's Feng Wei for fun:

#30  November 01, 2022, 10:41:31 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
These anims honest to God blew my mind when I first opened the thread. You've really got a good workflow going! One thing I would suggest, from a keyframe choosing perspective, is to maybe introduce a few springback frames for moves that linger. Like instead of a single frame where like, let's say, a limb is fully extended, maybe there could be an additional frame afterwards where the body pulls back slightly, to give that spring back effect. I apologize for the shoddy explanation, but I don't know a ton.

Since we're mentioning non-SF ideas, I'd kill to see some Max Impact anims namely of Mignon Beart who I'm still desperately seeking an artist to comm but I don't think anyone has done any work on background removal or anything to clean or isolate anims from that game.

Definitely keeping tabs on this thread.
#31  November 01, 2022, 10:54:23 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I gotta say I’d definitely lay money down to commission sprites from you, my guy. You’ve nabbed my attention in full with your work flow, ethic and continued improvement all in such a short period of time.
#32  November 01, 2022, 11:05:25 pm
    • Argentina
Thanks you a lot, I've been drawing and seeing animation tutorials for a long time by now, this is like my first time doing it on sprites, so its a new experience for me.

These anims honest to God blew my mind when I first opened the thread. You've really got a good workflow going! One thing I would suggest, from a keyframe choosing perspective, is to maybe introduce a few springback frames for moves that linger. Like instead of a single frame where like, let's say, a limb is fully extended, maybe there could be an additional frame afterwards where the body pulls back slightly, to give that spring back effect. I apologize for the shoddy explanation, but I don't know a ton.

Since we're mentioning non-SF ideas, I'd kill to see some Max Impact anims namely of Mignon Beart who I'm still desperately seeking an artist to comm but I don't think anyone has done any work on background removal or anything to clean or isolate anims from that game.

Definitely keeping tabs on this thread.

Yeah I know what are you refering too, moving the body just the slightest its hard, for example the motion of the body and muscles when the character is breathing heavily, but I'll try. about Max Impact Im not so familiar with that game, I only know three characters from it, but I'll check it up to see  something interesting to do

I gotta say I’d definitely lay money down to commission sprites from you, my guy. You’ve nabbed my attention in full with your work flow, ethic and continued improvement all in such a short period of time.

Wow thanks, I don't plan to make any money with mugen though, this is just a hobby and I have another methods to keep me well financially, but who knows.
#33  November 01, 2022, 11:23:11 pm
    • Argentina
Now that Im here again, I'll share that Im doing Abel's punches (LP - MP - HP): I don't promise to make a full spritesheet of this character (even if I want because he's overrated af) but I'll probably continue with his Kicks after this.

LP: 2 sprites made in total, I wanted to make it 3 but his first and last sprite where too similar so I kept it short

MP: 4 sprites made in total.

HP: 6 sprites made in total.

#34  November 02, 2022, 03:15:20 am
    • Argentina
Abel's Low Punch Done:

Oh, btw, I was hearing Matt MacMuscles videos while doing stuff, and his video about Brutal inspired me to redesing one of his characters, Foxy:

If Im bad at human heads imagine furry ones xd
#35  November 02, 2022, 09:40:40 pm
    • Argentina
Abel's High Punch Done:

and with this all of his normal punches done:

#36  November 03, 2022, 09:13:51 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Abel's High Punch Done:

and with this all of his normal punches done:

Very nice.
The only missing thing in this particular animation is "exageration"
I noticed in Capcom games usually when you use HP or HK (in 2D games) the arm or leg have to look "powerful" muscular or something.
You can easily notice it in Ryu or Akuma's HP in CVS2

And in many other characters.

What I would suggest is to exagerate a bit the position of this Hard Punch.
And also muscle shape, definition of his arm.
Something 3D cannot really replicate.

This is not the easiest step, but one of my favourites...
I want to give it a try...

OK, I tried to update it... (the green one)
base version.

My edit (I only lazily edited frames 4 and 5 - arm and torso)

Also, you really progressed! And you seems to master this method very well!
My only suggestions would be to give a bit more "snap" to your animations (some stretch, elasticity or something...)
And also having a look at Capcom's charcters anatomy, because for the moment  your characters shave some bubbly like muscles.
(Something I noticed in your Franco Bash, a bit visible in Feng Wei and Abel.)

That may help you.
https://www.fightersgeneration.com/screens2/streetfighter-capcom-anatomy-guide.htm
Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 09:49:00 am by Momotaro
#37  November 03, 2022, 01:38:55 pm
    • Argentina
Thanks for the help, I will try to apply this to the next animation I'll try, not sure who, but I will
#38  November 03, 2022, 06:52:04 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
My only suggestions would be to give a bit more "snap" to your animations (some stretch, elasticity or something...)

Yes! Elasticity! That’s what I meant! I need to remember more terminology, lol.
#39  November 03, 2022, 07:31:39 pm
    • Argentina
Here's his LK, I hear what you said and Im taking Terry's LK as a example on what I should try to do:

and yeah Im still working on Abel because I dont know who else I can do, at this point I'll do his whole spritesheet
#40  November 03, 2022, 08:32:47 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash