YesNoOk

Reshade 4.9.1 works with Mugen 1.1 and probably Winmugen too (Read 27318 times)

Started by Hihoshi, December 09, 2021, 04:34:17 pm
Share this topic:
Reshade 4.9.1 works with Mugen 1.1 and probably Winmugen too
#1  December 09, 2021, 04:34:17 pm
I love using reshade with my Mugen now, really makes colours pop and gives you access to bloom and other effects, so cool!

Without Reshade

With Reshade

Really cool, I love it so much!
First I was like: -_-
Then I was like: FUUUUUUU
Re: Reshade 4.9.1 works with Mugen 1.1 and probably Winmugen too
#2  December 10, 2021, 12:11:39 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
It looks way worse with reshade, dude
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#3  December 10, 2021, 01:36:33 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
#4  December 10, 2021, 04:44:04 am
#5  December 10, 2021, 08:11:48 am
  • Why,
I don't think so for me. Opinions differ from different people. It looks ok for me.
Thanks, honestly it gives me better lighting, saturation and contrast effects.  Mugen was starting to look a bit dated, but this has added a new breath of life to it for me

But it more - at to + ones (if there any +) ... I must say: How you then change all keys at p1 when f1 is used also that program... ?? Or press start(s) just mess.
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#6  December 10, 2021, 09:59:08 am
  • The other Indian
    • India

I don't think so for me. Opinions differ from different people. It looks ok for me.

Thanks, honestly it gives me better lighting, saturation and contrast effects.  Mugen was starting to look a bit dated, but this has added a new breath of life to it for me

You've only begun to scratch the surface my friend. I've got my mugen to look quite lovely over the last several years using it. If you tweak everything just right you can get a beautiful result without losing out on pixel detail.
#7  December 10, 2021, 02:30:55 pm

But it more - at to + ones (if there any +) ... I must say: How you then change all keys at p1 when f1 is used also that program... ?? Or press start(s) just mess.

F1 is not used, you use home to access Reshade and I use joypads as playing on a keyboard causes too many conflicts between button presses when playing with two players.  As for the appearance this is the way I like it.  I like it that bright objects have a bloom effect and dark objects don't, kind of gives you the whole good character bad character symbolism(love seeing Sailormoon or Tomoe Mami fight Ridley or Octavia and you see her with a slight aura vs the badguy)  And in real life in a bright setting bright colours like reds, greens, blues, white and yellows do give off bloom when the sun shines on them.  I also like the fact that  colours mix very nicely with the HDR and also look much richer with shadows actually looking darker  and having tone which they did not have before.  About the bloom effect seeing the special moves actually looking bright unlike before or a fireball actually glowing is really cool

You've only begun to scratch the surface my friend. I've got my mugen to look quite lovely over the last several years using it. If you tweak everything just right you can get a beautiful result without losing out on pixel detail.

Yeah it looks really great, that screenshot doesn't look exactly the way it should because I was playing around with DOF, so it might look a little off
Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 02:34:58 pm by Hihoshi
#8  December 10, 2021, 05:30:23 pm
  • Why,

F1 is not used, you use home to access Reshade and I use joypads as playing on a keyboard causes too many conflicts between button presses when playing with two players.  As for the appearance this is the way I like it.  I like it that bright objects have a bloom effect and dark objects don't, kind of gives you the whole good character bad character symbolism(love seeing Sailormoon or Tomoe Mami fight Ridley or Octavia and you see her with a slight aura vs the badguy)  And in real life in a bright setting bright colours like reds, greens, blues, white and yellows do give off bloom when the sun shines on them.  I also like the fact that  colours mix very nicely with the HDR and also look much richer with shadows actually looking darker  and having tone which they did not have before.  About the bloom effect seeing the special moves actually looking bright unlike before or a fireball actually glowing is really cool

Yeah it looks really great, that screenshot doesn't look exactly the way it should because I was playing around with DOF, so it might look a little off
And it just take pace and ( spls at game to crash after 3 argade match.
#9  December 10, 2021, 05:40:29 pm

I think you are just looking for excuses to hate on it, reshade takes up at most 14 mb when installed in the mugen folder and I watch matches back to back for an hour and get no crashes.  My computer has 32 GB of Ram and 4 GB Video ram, maybe that is why?

Also just to show that you are not aware of the process:
ReShade doesn't run in a process. It pretends to be the DirectX or OpenGL driver, so that games load ReShade instead of the actual driver and send all render commands to ReShade. ReShade then passes those commands on to the real driver while adding and modifying some commands to do its thing.
#10  December 11, 2021, 01:41:16 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net

Thanks, honestly it gives me better lighting, saturation and contrast effects.

How can you say it gives better lightning and contrast, when you are losing all the details in the gray castle on the background??
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#11  December 11, 2021, 02:28:24 am

Thanks, honestly it gives me better lighting, saturation and contrast effects.

How can you say it gives better lightning and contrast, when you are losing all the details in the gray castle on the background??

Because it is a night time scene, I should be losing details!  If there is a bright full moon, I should only see the silhouette of the castle as the moon is shining from behind it.  It's just physics

#12  December 11, 2021, 05:30:39 am
    • sites.google.com/view/ariasoftheend/home
The castle doesn't have too much detail going on, it's a blurry jpg with jagged edges. Reshade partially hides this by making it darker and giving the castle and column a hue more according to the sky, but bloom & darkness are still too strong, especially for the foreground objects and characters.

If effect decreased gradually from background to foreground I could see it working better.
Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 08:09:18 am by Margatroid
#13  December 11, 2021, 10:25:43 am
The castle doesn't have too much detail going on, it's a blurry jpg with jagged edges. Reshade partially hides this by making it darker and giving the castle and column a hue more according to the sky, but bloom & darkness are still too strong, especially for the foreground objects and characters.

If effect decreased gradually from background to foreground I could see it working better.

Yeah definitely, also, this is the version I created as far back as winmugen, so you will see problems with the textures on the castle ruin.  As for the bloom, yeah, I know it's too much, but I do like it that way, the cool thing about Reshade is you can adjust in game on the fly to what you like in appearance
#14  December 11, 2021, 01:03:28 pm
  • Why,

I think you are just looking for excuses to hate on it, reshade takes up at most 14 mb when installed in the mugen folder and I watch matches back to back for an hour and get no crashes.  My computer has 32 GB of Ram and 4 GB Video ram, maybe that is why?

Also just to show that you are not aware of the process:
ReShade doesn't run in a process. It pretends to be the DirectX or OpenGL driver, so that games load ReShade instead of the actual driver and send all render commands to ReShade. ReShade then passes those commands on to the real driver while adding and modifying some commands to do its thing.

Like i not know WHAT it do...  It was nice if it ALLOW change all pl1 buttons. Not open self :(( .
#15  December 11, 2021, 01:27:51 pm

Like i not know WHAT it do...  It was nice if it ALLOW change all pl1 buttons. Not open self :(( .

What are you talking about?  It doesn't cause any problem with changing your buttons all that Reshade does is improve the graphics!  you use the home button to open Reshade when in Mugen and press home to make it disappear.  I have had zero problems with changing PL1 buttons and I have been using it for ages now
#16  December 11, 2021, 02:57:22 pm
  • Why,

What are you talking about?  It doesn't cause any problem with changing your buttons all that Reshade does is improve the graphics!  you use the home button to open Reshade when in Mugen and press home to make it disappear.  I have had zero problems with changing PL1 buttons and I have been using it for ages now
Home? but that one "game" i try change all pl1 buttons it open only: "Reshade " ... welll then one by one at manual ... Ah? I see... hynk?
#17  December 12, 2021, 02:20:55 am

Home? but that one "game" i try change all pl1 buttons it open only: "Reshade " ... welll then one by one at manual ... Ah? I see... hynk?

home key on the keyboard