YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2930366 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#11501  August 04, 2021, 08:25:27 am
  • Wandering....
He's supposed to give us a glimpse of the future apparently so I assume he'll tie into SF6 or something
Theory is he was meant to be the new focus of Ono's SF6, akin to Alex, Abel, and Rashid before it got canned.

It's not on the ransomware data leak.

His likely be just another character in SF6 but would bridge the gap.
#11502  August 04, 2021, 10:15:12 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
im liking the captain commando references if thats what they are
#11503  August 04, 2021, 10:23:04 pm
#11504  August 04, 2021, 10:56:59 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 11:44:10 am by Byakko
#11505  August 05, 2021, 04:04:11 pm
I'm probably alone on this, but god has Capcom been bad at creating brand new SF characters since Street Fighter IV. Besides the occasional gems (Viper, Juri, G), the designs and stories of these characters are boring at their best and atrocious at their worst (FANG, Rufus). It's no wonder they keep reaching back into Capcom's library of characters to pull out people. I'm holding out hope that this guy's story and Super change my mind on him, but man is generic MMA dude with Ken personality underwhelming.
#11506  August 06, 2021, 05:08:37 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Holy shit... a comment on YouTube pointed this out, and I'm actually astonished by this possibility:

• The "long-range punch" styled projectiles
  • The moveset with more emphasys on punches, with a standing uppercut as one of the specials
  • The description about him being a glimpse into the "future of Street Fighter"

What if those aren't Captain Commando references... but rather...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#11507  August 09, 2021, 03:55:24 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Oro trailer

#11508  August 10, 2021, 11:50:22 am
    • Netherlands
I'm probably alone on this, but god has Capcom been bad at creating brand new SF characters since Street Fighter IV. Besides the occasional gems (Viper, Juri, G), the designs and stories of these characters are boring at their best and atrocious at their worst (FANG, Rufus). It's no wonder they keep reaching back into Capcom's library of characters to pull out people. I'm holding out hope that this guy's story and Super change my mind on him, but man is generic MMA dude with Ken personality underwhelming.

You're not alone.

Imho most newcomers since SF4 have been very lackluster designwise.

C. Viper and Juri were the only clear succesful standouts.

Abel was bland and boring and was basicly just "male Cammy" lorewise

El Fuerte and Rufus were more annoying than anything, Capcom should have gone for the infamous "King Cobra" design over Rufus.

These are two characters I never want to see in a future game lol.

Seth was weird initially but I guess he fulfilled his role and was ultimately "ok" I guess.

He grew on me a bit but I wouldn't call him a homerun.

Hakan was a funny gimmick character, nothing more, nothing less.

Already earned his spot in the forgotten character bin.

(I don't count Decapre since she already was a pre-existing SF character, I actually like her though)

As for SF5's newcomers:

Necalli had lots of potential but Capcom screwed him up by making him a jobber in Story mode instead of a actual threat.

I think he was initially supposed to be somewhat of a SF5 posterboy and main antagonist judging from the "V" shaped marking on his body

and his very visual V-Trigger.

I'm not gonna lie, at first glance Laura's design looked like a winner to me but they also screwed her up by giving her the personality of a child ("Boom!" Zap Zap!" -_- ),

made her a dumbass and have her do nothing of relevance storywise.

Rashid.. eh, just mediocre at best. Feels like a Shaheen (Tekken 7) ripoff to me.

He was treated as the new protagnist in Story Mode but he's not for me.

I absolutely despised F.A.N.G. when he got revealed.

Got to admit his antics and Lord Bison worshipping grew on me thanks to Story Mode.

Hardly anyone seems to like and/or play him

I'm ok with Kolin, she was kinda pre-existing but I'm cool with her (punz lol)

Ed, no thanks.. Skinny story mode Ed would have been more unique but instead they gave us the template of a SF5 character,

Bulky and blonde.

His personality is all over the place and personally I find him a annoying little brat.

Abigail, the least hype EVO reveal at that year.

Too much over the top for me, has some funny animations but will ultimately end up in the forgotten characters bin

Menat is clearly the best new design hailing from SF5.

She's not entirely my kind of character, but I acknowledge an overall good design when I see one.

Her animations are awesome btw.

Zeku.. I dunno man.. they tried but the connection to Strider feels too forced to me.

Could be worse but he's not for me, I would've rather seen Maki, Guy or Carlos (Final Fight 2)

Falke:

I know a lot of people dislike her and I can see why, but I'm in the minority that absolutely loves her.

People say she's boring, no she's serious. She a breath of fresh air in terms of female characters, we already have too many

hyperactive young (school) girls, loli's or straight out bimbo designs.

Yeah her moveset could use some work but still, I really like her

(I'm aware she'll probably will never return T_T )

G:

A lot of work went into this guys, that's clear.

Lots of personality and great animation.

He feels a bit weird and out of place to me personally but one can't deny this is one of Capcom's better SF5 design.

I think his "link" to Q and overall mystery helps his appeal as well.

Kage might be Capcom's worst and laziest design in years.

Lorewise it's dumb because Ryu just finally sealed away his Satsui No Hado issues, so now we make Evil Ryu it's own persona?!

Designwise it's Evil Ryu with fangs and horns? GTFO Capcom..

And yet why these "Evil" versions of characters seem to appeal a lot to casual is beyond me.

Lucia:

Nice to see someone from Final Fight 3 but with that said, I'm not the biggest fan of her redesign.

As for Luke, it's to early to tell overall, but his design is very lackluster and not promising..
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#11509  August 10, 2021, 03:37:00 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ

Too much over the top for me, has some funny animations but will ultimately end up in the forgotten characters bin
But Abigail isn't even new?
He's a Final Fight character...and a pretty lame one at that (being just an Andore headswap), so I have no idea why Capcom even picked him over...well, literally any other Final Fight character.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#11510  August 10, 2021, 11:02:42 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
He's a Final Fight character...and a pretty lame one at that (being just an Andore headswap), so I have no idea why Capcom even picked him over...well, literally any other Final Fight character.

I love Maki in CVS2. She's a good replacement for Blue Mary and her gameplay is like a fusion of B. Mary and Guy. Don't know why she's not in SFV or SFXT.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#11511  August 13, 2021, 10:29:24 am
    • Netherlands

Technically no, but he's no in the SF universe.
Why they picked him.. beats me
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#11512  August 13, 2021, 10:43:17 am
abigail isn't that bad , it's that they made him unlikeable dumb brute, he's suppose to be a faction leader that terrorize metro city.
#11513  August 15, 2021, 03:36:41 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Akira trailer

#11514  August 16, 2021, 05:53:57 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 06:08:54 pm by Kirishima
#11515  August 16, 2021, 07:11:03 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Well I was half-right.  Cristina Vee doesn't voice Akira BUT voices Ibuki instead, except that it's not an overhaul voice update but both JP and ENG for Ibuki got swapped in the new DLC's story.  Odd.

Which one for Ibuki exactly?
This is fate.
#11516  August 16, 2021, 07:16:55 pm
Both JP and ENG in Akira's Story mode has Ibuki's voice replaced with different actresses.  Surprised it's both and not one or the other.
#11517  August 16, 2021, 07:59:59 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Let me guess. It's because of the covid?
This is fate.
#11518  August 16, 2021, 08:02:56 pm
She will have a her very own English voice.
It's gonna be Noel Vermilion isn't it
Well I was half-right.  Cristina Vee doesn't voice Akira BUT voices Ibuki instead, except that it's not an overhaul voice update but both JP and ENG for Ibuki got swapped in the new DLC's story.  Odd.

Also, Sakura seemingly got an update to her face and stance.  Sorry Ken.

Guess the OG voice was nowhere to be found or offline. As long the character voice sound just right. Kudos to the Akira's ENG voice.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#11519  August 16, 2021, 09:16:07 pm
Akira's story was not too bad.  Didn't really expect it to lead into transferring to Seijyun (as they don't know whether Project Justice even happened in this timeline with the rapture arriving) but I had a feeling it was gonna somewhat involve the beach with Tiffany and Hinata.  So Sakura's involvement in RS is further explored and I kinda wish they had done more with  it, maybe even get Edge and Gan some dialogue.  They could have it taken place when Edge and Gan grew suspicious of Akira's identity at the riverside and Sakura could've jumped in here.

Took a while to get use to Akira's English voice and is actually pretty good.  Cristina Vee should be voicing Ibuki from this point forward, hell, have her voice every schoolgirl fighter as she seems to be the only one who is putting more effort.

The scenario is bittersweet to me as this is the first and probably the only time Rival Schools characters fully interact in the Street Fighter verse in someway until a proper reboot is introduced.

Guess the OG voice was nowhere to be found or offline. As long the character voice sound just right. Kudos to the Akira's ENG voice.
Apparently, Ibuki's previous JPN seiyuu has taken an indefinite hiatus so it's safe to assume she isn't coming back to reprise Ibuki's role anytime soon :sadgoi:

Edit:
Spoiler: NIIIIISAAAANNNN (click to see content)
Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 09:56:59 pm by Kirishima
#11520  August 16, 2021, 10:22:56 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I feel like with how popular akira inclusion is there is good chance we see more of rs in future sf game. With did see the strider and rs franchise finally being integrated in street fighter and both had a pretty good reception. I think they're def more to come.
Funny enough SFV roster is pretty close to capcom fighting all star so maybe thats the plan for sf6 lol

Just replace haggar with cody, hiryu with zeku and forget batsu exist haha
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 10:27:12 pm by GTOAkira