Tekken 8  (Read 472204 times)

Started by videoman, September 14, 2022, 12:28:30 am
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 8
#61  December 14, 2022, 08:10:12 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Oh damn, yeah how in the world they going to justify Claudio now?
#62  December 14, 2022, 08:47:39 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Plot twist:  Claudio is Jun's alter ego all along, like she's Zelda when becoming Sheik or something.
#63  December 14, 2022, 09:11:00 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#64  December 14, 2022, 09:26:01 pm
Any thoughts on the guest characters? At least take Akuma to the story again.... In which, i rather not.

Hope they don't bring too many guest characters. Bring some OG characters like the past Tekken games.
If Akuma will be in, then i don't mind for Geese to return.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#65  December 14, 2022, 09:52:06 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
#66  December 15, 2022, 02:27:37 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Any thoughts on the guest characters?

Oooohhh shit. We'd need to tread carefully with this one. I'd think the maximum number of guest characters should be 3 assuming there will be at least 2 season passes. The first one will come with the base game and the other two would come later down the year.

The safest bet would be one from the two Fighting game powerhouses in Japan: Capcom and SNK. But since we already had Akuma and Geese, we could see M. Bison or Rugal (the whole world destruction thing fits really well with the two imo). Without them being canon of course, AND being implemented with the correct style of Tekken.

The remaining slots can go to the lesser known franchises such as Virtua Fighter, DOA, Blazblue, Guilty Gear and etc.

Here's to hoping for no Square Enix or The Walking Dead this time...
#67  December 15, 2022, 02:52:49 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I think Waluigi would be a perfect Tekken guest character.
#68  December 15, 2022, 03:13:42 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I would love more "what the fuck" level guest characters, like with Noctis and especially Negan.

The world of fighting games needs more totally absurd "what the fuck" level guest characters lol and we need to embrace that, no matter how stupid it is.
#69  December 15, 2022, 03:26:46 am
    • Argentina
I would love more "what the fuck" level guest characters, like with Noctis and especially Negan.

The world of fighting games needs more totally absurd "what the fuck" level guest characters lol and we need to embrace that, no matter how stupid it is.

I can imagine He-Man or Gordon Ramsey fighting against Kazuya
#70  December 15, 2022, 03:29:04 am
    • USA
#71  December 15, 2022, 04:15:13 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico

This. Plus Tekken has always embraced the weirder kind of guests ever since Gon back in T3.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#72  December 15, 2022, 04:46:56 am
    • Brazil
One thing that would be easier for Tekken to do than most other fighting games is a Create A Fighter that goes as deep as Mortal Kombat Armageddon, you know, that allows you to pick your normals and combos and stuff like that. I don't know how will Street Fighter 6 handle theirs, but it actually surprises me that Tekken never tried that, because Soul Calibur had Create A Soul ever since SC3, but because all characters used different weapons, they never could have moves mixed, but since the vast majority of Tekken characters fights hand-to-hand, the franchise doesn't have that limitation, yet it was never a thing.
#73  December 15, 2022, 05:45:01 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Wasn't create a fighter a total shitfest? I heard those were OP as hell.
Also, Soul Calibur always had great create a fighter system and I remember it causing a whole disaster due to their height diff or smth in SC6.
#74  December 15, 2022, 05:50:06 am
    • Argentina

yeah, but it was a funny shitfest, also both Soul Calibur and and apparently Street fighter 6 have that, so It isn't impossible to add that to Tekken 8
#75  December 15, 2022, 10:01:09 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea

yeah, but it was a funny shitfest, also both Soul Calibur and and apparently Street fighter 6 have that, so It isn't impossible to add that to Tekken 8

Well, if I was to design Tekken 8, I would have no guest characters and make something like Create a fighter, even if it's unbalanced.

Guest characters ruin the game imho.
#76  December 15, 2022, 04:03:34 pm
    • USA
Agree to disagree then. I think guest characters are hype as shit.

A create-a-fighter would be dope though. Hopefully Tekken one day implements it, be it now or in the future.
#77  December 15, 2022, 04:36:28 pm
    • Brazil
I mean, Armageddon's character creator had bugs that made it more broken than it should be, but who cares? It's meant to be fun, not balanced, just ban them in competitive.

Also, Soul Calibur always had great create a fighter system and I remember it causing a whole disaster due to their height diff or smth in SC6.
Height difference was the smallest issue, in SC5 (and 6, I assume), you can attach shit to your CaS character's body parts that changed their silhouette in a way that made it impossible to predict their moves properly.
#78  December 15, 2022, 04:49:27 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
One thing that would be easier for Tekken to do than most other fighting games is a Create A Fighter that goes as deep as Mortal Kombat Armageddon, you know, that allows you to pick your normals and combos and stuff like that. I don't know how will Street Fighter 6 handle theirs, but it actually surprises me that Tekken never tried that, because Soul Calibur had Create A Soul ever since SC3, but because all characters used different weapons, they never could have moves mixed, but since the vast majority of Tekken characters fights hand-to-hand, the franchise doesn't have that limitation, yet it was never a thing.

But, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 already made a moveset customization mode! :llama:

SNT

#79  December 19, 2022, 03:31:58 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
My honest opinion: Jun's back. They could put a damn Gundam in the game and I'd be fine with it.

That said, they saw a lot of people expecting Tifa to make it in after FF7 Remake came in with a very Tekken-sounding theme cover for her. Maybe they'll try and cash in on that?
#80  December 19, 2022, 04:07:05 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.