YesNoOk

No topic (Read 26917 times)

Started by Inactive user, August 20, 2022, 04:11:47 am
Share this topic:
No topic
New #1  August 20, 2022, 04:11:47 am
this user doesn't exist anymore.
Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 02:13:28 pm by Inactive user
Re: THE DREAM OF MAKING MONEY WITH MUGEN.
#2  August 20, 2022, 11:52:16 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Who would want to ruin a free hobby like MUGEN/IKEMEN by monetize them? Not me, of course

Money ruins everything, you can see it with YouTube (and soon streamings) full of ads that no one want to see

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  August 21, 2022, 01:58:17 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Who would want to ruin a free hobby like MUGEN/IKEMEN by monetize them?
2Dee4Ever, for example. Seems he's selling a SamuraiShodown  compilation, using other people's creations(wow, fresh news!). We had an arguement at his channel and his only self defense is saying he's Capcom's Ambassador, avoiding to answer everything. That boy is a rat.

EDIT: I understood wrong. He encouraged people to buy ORIGINAL game by SNK, not hims. Rush reading + language barrier.
I swear there was something cool here!!
Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 07:58:19 pm by FeLo_Llop
#4  August 21, 2022, 02:49:22 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
You can earn money in mugen by getting comissions.

No need to hide behind a youtube video, when you can easily earn by coding or spriting for someone else
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#5  August 21, 2022, 03:03:03 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
2Dee4Ever, for example. Seems he's selling a SamuraiShodown  compilation, using other people's creations(wow, fresh news!). We had an arguement at his channel and his only self defense is saying he's Capcom's Ambassador, avoiding to answer everything. That boy is a rat.

The dude just tried to justify himself making money of SamSho comp (which is owned by SNK) with the idea of him being Capcom Ambassador... Wut?
At any rate, just what XGargoyle said: if you want money, you take commissions. But even here, it's not even MUGEN what pays, but your EFFORT, which you could apply somewhere else and get the money too. I just don't get how people can actually expect to get money through showing MUGEN around on YouTube though, the thing isn't nearly as popular as, I dunno, a kids video with multicolored Hulks playing on a tuny playground. A single real commission could be worth MUCH more than a long run of this crap.
#6  August 21, 2022, 05:25:53 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
we all know that it is not possible to make money with mugen.

Ehhhh, no. You can. It's just really frowned upon.

I personally don't understand it, but talking to some people who think it's okay, they claim that many games are already monetized when using free engines like Unity so what makes MUGEN different?
Which is a good point, but still, I find it a bit scummy to sell people something you can literally download/customize for free.
#7  August 21, 2022, 06:16:36 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
Would much rather deal with a paywall over someone who makes things and never shares them.

Also, "the black heart" is totally on steam.
Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 06:20:47 am by Melcore
#8  August 21, 2022, 06:56:35 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Unfortunately, some creators who use the IKEMEN engine learn new techniques and functions and end up not revealing or sharing knowledge about it, this is because, in the hope of earning money on Youtube, they don't want IKEMEN to become something accessible, and some even encrypt folders for prevent them from finding out, this is ridiculous, we all know that it is not possible to make money with mugen and sooner or later everyone will know how to use this engine.

A Ikemen GO engine dev here...
Secret technique... what?

We try to have everything documented in the wiki.
https://github.com/ikemen-engine/Ikemen-GO/wiki
There is no secret features or anything.
Some users like Ryon even have made video tutorials about it.
We, the other devs and some users are also trying to provide support and we will answer any question you may have.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#9  August 21, 2022, 10:58:27 am
I just don't get how people can actually expect to get money through showing MUGEN around on YouTube though,

Easy. People is lazy as Hell and some other doesn't know how to configurate a mugen, plus they think if they come here or another mugen community won't having a proper reply to their questions. So, they prefer to pay to a parasite like 2Dee than doing the effort themselves because you know, crystal generation. They do no effort, want everything done and running.
#10  August 21, 2022, 11:15:27 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting finished games without having any knowledge about their configurations. That only applies to people who want to edit something but demand others to do it for them. KOF Memorial is a full fledged game and many players of KOFM that I know of don't know what a def file is.

2Dee is just a scumbag for selling his shit to people who want to play his games. In this case, the person who's selling is at fault (and the dumb people who pay for them).
#11  August 21, 2022, 11:33:01 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Also, "the black heart" is totally on steam.
Yeah but that's a full game with completely original assets that uses an engine (IKEMEN) that allows it to be commercially sold. Back when it was on MUGEN due to the licenses involved it could only be distributed for free.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#12  August 21, 2022, 01:45:47 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Such a shame to hear that some people trying to make money out of free stuffs. Totally illegal. Even monetising download link with ads.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#13  August 21, 2022, 05:09:44 pm
    • USA
Unfortunately, some creators who use the IKEMEN engine learn new techniques and functions and end up not revealing or sharing knowledge about it, this is because, in the hope of earning money on Youtube, they don't want IKEMEN to become something accessible, and some even encrypt folders for prevent them from finding out, this is ridiculous, we all know that it is not possible to make money with mugen and sooner or later everyone will know how to use this engine.

who?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#14  August 21, 2022, 05:41:45 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#15  August 21, 2022, 05:45:02 pm
#16  August 21, 2022, 06:48:48 pm
    • USA
2Dee at least makes nice palettes though!!!!! (Tho palettes are nice, I dont over prioritize them like he does, to the point where it's almost a "selling point")

2Dee did commission someone to make his own custom screenpack though. And all that dialog that he does for the prefights? All his/his people. But, serious fighters usually dont care about prefight intro dialog anyway.
#17  August 21, 2022, 07:21:34 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
2Dee at least makes nice palettes though!!!!! (Tho palettes are nice, I dont over prioritize them like he does, to the point where it's almost a "selling point")

2Dee did commission someone to make his own custom screenpack though. And all that dialog that he does for the prefights? All his/his people. But, serious fighters usually dont care about prefight intro dialog anyway.

Okay, and?

Idk what we're supposed to do with this information lol he's still a piece a' shit. These aren't exactly noteworthy "highs" if you can even call them that.
#18  August 21, 2022, 07:41:09 pm
  • Racing Game Enthusiast
  • Formerly known as SumirekoUsami
    • USA

Okay....??

Nice Palettes or pre-fight dialogs aren't hard to do, it really isn't a selling point.

Palettes can be made by pretty much anyone, nice ones aren't difficult at all if the person in question has experience, pre-fight dialog isn't all that rare either, you're basically grasping at straws here

Just a guy who has a big passion for Racing Games, who happened to stumble upon MUGEN one year...
#19  August 21, 2022, 07:46:17 pm
I'm just here to say that I like the thread title.

Mugen has a wonderful history when it comes to commissions and the involvement of money. :mhappy:
#20  August 22, 2022, 12:54:42 am
    • USA

Okay, and?

Idk what we're supposed to do with this information lol he's still a piece a' shit. These aren't exactly noteworthy "highs" if you can even call them that.

Okay....??

Nice Palettes or pre-fight dialogs aren't hard to do, it really isn't a selling point.

Palettes can be made by pretty much anyone, nice ones aren't difficult at all if the person in question has experience, pre-fight dialog isn't all that rare either, you're basically grasping at straws here

Relax! I was just joking lol. Reread my post again it's just a little satire mixed with some half truths. I'm in no way justifying what 2dee does. I dont honor or acknowledge that. To me, it seems the best thing he does is just trailers (hype), palettes, color separations, and annoyingly dragged out dialog that no serious fighter in versus mode or p2p online would care about. He should be a writer instead.
Re: this user doesn't exist anymore.
New #21  August 22, 2022, 05:03:39 am
this user doesn't exist anymore.
Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 02:14:24 pm by Inactive user
#22  August 23, 2022, 02:22:36 am
    • sites.google.com/view/mugenmultiverse
Interesting topic
I confess that in the last few weeks, I have been posting videos on my youtube channel more frequently, in order to get 1000 subs and achieve monetization.
My time is small, so posting videos frequently has compromised my editing. Mugen became a responsibility and stopped being what it really is, a hobby.

About who sells Mugen, I was surprised that it wasn't mentioned a large database at the top of google search, which only allows downloads below 1MB for unregistered, and when you register, they require payment to release you to download.
All content produced by creators, they upload there, and start selling indirectly without the creator's permission.

The essence of mugen is not to profit, but to have fun.
#23  August 23, 2022, 08:02:12 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Oh it's been mentioned enough. Even has its own thread.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#24  August 24, 2022, 12:30:42 am
It's fun because our friendly 2Dee4Ever, who's selling his compilations, came crazy when in his youtube channel I told publicly that his stuff:

- He has not programmed a thing. Just dialogues, CS and few paletes.
- He's using other creators' stuff without their consent(neither mine, because some of those characters has stuff done by me)
- He's making money out of copyrighted characters and games(SNK, Capcom, their chars, etc).
- He says I'm wrongly informed about his activities(dude!) and he sees my intentions are good and etc.

He just become nuts and menaced me to get a lawyer xD. I mean, is him THAT stupid to try suing me because he's doing illegal stuff? Both Mugen and Ikemen were created for FREE DOWNLOAD stuff, and once you're selling them, you're basicly not just being an asshole, but a pirate.

Of course, I'm relaxed. All his blatant nonsense will get to nowhere because the internetz.

I think I'll be buying his game.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#25  August 31, 2022, 10:03:42 am
    • USA

He’s not actually selling his game, he was promoting the official Samurai Shodown game while using his gameplay in the background.
#26  August 31, 2022, 10:16:34 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Don't start shit with this.
#27  August 31, 2022, 02:53:52 pm

He’s not actually selling his game, he was promoting the official Samurai Shodown game while using his gameplay in the background.
It was clear. He was encouraging people to buy the original game by SNK, not hims(sorry!). Read the whole thing in his YT story. I've replied to it, and I don't mind copying it here:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 01:02:09 am by FeLo_Llop
New #28  September 14, 2022, 09:50:22 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'm actually planning on making campaigns either on Indiegogo or Kickstarter. I need to raise funds as I can't do this all myself and need to hire other sprite artists.

I need to at least raise 400 US dollars. I just set up a Paypal.me account. Should I put my real picture instead of an anime custom character? If I decide to go with my real bio picture I may have to change all my pictures in all my social media accounts.

It just feels so uncomfortable doxxing yourself. I've hesitated for so long. It took me about a year to even decide to create a Twitter account of Sailor Stars Beyond. As an INFP with the secondary function of extraverted intuition making me think of the worst situations doesn't really help. It just makes me feel so naked.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 09:57:38 am by rgveda99