YesNoOk

Blazblue Cross Team Battle Tournament (Season 1) (Read 534026 times)

Started by extravagant, April 22, 2021, 01:23:15 am
Share this topic:
Blazblue Cross Team Battle Tournament (Season 1)
#1  April 22, 2021, 01:23:15 am
    • USA

Build resume:
Blazblue Cross Team Battle is a OHMSBY style build with a +80 chars roster, there’s some modifications for a better balance and this is only played in ratio mode.

Tourney information:
Challonge link:
https://challonge.com/2u3kzu4u

To join the tourney, register in the challonge and add Xanxus75#0172 on Discord (to join the server)

There’s a $50 bounty on Yui’s head (whoever eliminate yui from the tournament get the money)

Join the fight!
Discord: DM for invite link or reply to this thread if you're interested to join
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGAw02U2bQoMQQPDE52QdSg

The tournament is Saturday, and the replay files after being collected will be streamed on Sunday. It'll be fun. Come dance with us.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 07:17:56 am by extravagant
Re: Online IKEMEN GO Tournament coming up!
#2  April 22, 2021, 05:00:34 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Have people tried to sneak AI into your tournaments or something?
#3  April 22, 2021, 08:40:48 am
    • USA
Have people tried to sneak AI into your tournaments or something?

Lol no it's just a joke.... would be funny if that actually happened though. I think there was some old WinMugen type creations that had the AI take over though, for like Kamijou or Kumagawa or something. That's been fixed. IKEMEN GO handles the rest pretty well.
#4  April 22, 2021, 09:13:18 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
What mode is the is tournament under singles, turns, etc.
#5  April 22, 2021, 10:40:23 am
    • USA
First tournament was singles. This tournament will be Ratio match. I hated singles!
#6  April 22, 2021, 10:39:40 pm
  • SNK is life
Show a screenshot of the available roster :beam:

What KOF characters are you using?
#7  April 22, 2021, 11:09:28 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
#8  April 22, 2021, 11:11:34 pm
  • SNK is life
I guess you gotta use some broken dudes to be able to compete against a mugen roster :sweatdrop:
#9  April 22, 2021, 11:19:27 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I guess you gotta use some broken dudes to be able to compete against a mugen roster :sweatdrop:

True, I tend to enjoy playing with a KOFM character once in awhile. Though there are some decent choices on that roster they have set up, though I did find quite a bit of characters with infinites on the roster... at the same time some of those are older versions as well.
#10  April 23, 2021, 05:11:30 am
    • USA
The KOFM chars? Oh yeah I dont use that, but one of our contestants is. What's the reputation of KOFM again?
#11  April 23, 2021, 05:43:17 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
The KOFM chars? Oh yeah I dont use that, but one of our contestants is. What's the reputation of KOFM again?

Mainly that they are a more flashier form of KOF with a ton of supers and long combos usually more simplified than regular KOF. For instance cancels only require you to have enough super unlike in KOF XI where they require their own special meter to do them. They can be enjoyable though it's mainly for how long said combo can go on for lol.
#12  April 23, 2021, 06:58:41 am
    • USA
We just recently added a bunch of chars, and meant to rebalance things but without changing them completely. For example, the HDBZ chars were just given bigger hurtboxes because they were too hard to hit, in combination with their extremely fast velocity air dashes, it was impossible for any grounded chars to at the very last trade, block, or punish. OHMSBY's chars were slightly rebalanced by having less HP regeneration, and throw is now normal start up time instead of 1 frame, and also hitboxes were adjusted so they're hittable. The KOFM chars were requested by one of our new members and he was very adamant about adding them after we try to somehow fix and balance them for him to use.

Everything in UMT right now is one big WIP so it's hard to check everything. But we're working on it. Some chars with infinites are certainly banned. Although we're just a tournament meant for just fighting for fun right now. I dont think it's possible to have a super serious type thing going on quite yet, at least not yet. But we're working on it.
#13  April 23, 2021, 07:12:39 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Why not run a tournament with a more standardized gameplay system? Even with rebalancing efforts, it doesn't exactly seem competitive to have completely different gameplay systems in one tournament
#14  April 23, 2021, 07:56:02 am
    • USA
Why not run a tournament with a more standardized gameplay system? Even with rebalancing efforts, it doesn't exactly seem competitive to have completely different gameplay systems in one tournament

Yeah I know what you mean. Our CvS2 vs POTS game is way more balanced in comparison, despite being slightly mixed, it's still much closer to home and has foundational similarities. So we have a different crowd for that. Although it's still fun for me to personally fight some BBTag, GGXX, Z2, it's fun for me but I can imagine how the high stakes wouldn't be fun for someone else.

At this point if we shut the doors on open rosters a lot of our players would simply just disappear. Simply because people have their preferred styles and characters that they are attached to, and we already have a "rising" number of human players appearing for this style.

The most important thing though is we still have fun despite the high stakes and stark contrasts. And because it is mostly fun, it's what somehow created a small niche community of consistent fighters everyday just duking it out and having a good time.
#15  May 10, 2021, 12:54:06 am
    • USA
Another UMT Tournament coming up! June 12th or June 19th. Still deciding. Please consider joining! Would love to have you join and have some fun with us.

--old----
Tune into our stream of the recent tournament. It's Sunday night, it's a good night, let's have a good time and watch some good old fights. Some epic matches are ahead.

https://youtu.be/fP7ydjpQQv0
Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 10:50:47 am by extravagant
Re: June 19th, UMT Tournament. Tune in!
#16  June 12, 2021, 10:11:52 am
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master
I may enter this tournament and exercise my RIKUDO OSATSU
HIDDEN BOSS
Re: June 19th, UMT Tournament. Tune in!
#17  June 20, 2021, 08:33:43 pm
    • USA
Last night's tournament was a blast!!! Holy shit. Despite the stress and hectic shit that happened all in Round 1, we managed to put up an even better tournament than previous. Unfortunately, my dumbass forgot to add the replay fix by K4thos, so we are missing some matches. They are for the most part, very good. We have diverse selection of fighters, so it's good to see everyone going at it.

Tune into the stream tonight at 6:30 (Pacific Time, West Coast USA) PM for the broadcast of last night's epic tournament!
Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 12:55:18 am by extravagant
Re: UMT Tourney #3 Just finished last night. Tune in tonight 6:30 Pacific livestream
#18  June 20, 2021, 09:02:20 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I'd suggest putting a YT channel link. Newcomers won't know what UMT stand for since you removed the Logo from the first post.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Re: CvS2 vs POTS Tournament 1st Tourney Streaming Tomorrow!
#19  August 15, 2021, 09:23:47 am
    • USA
Hello! We are so excited to share our first CvS2 vs POTS tourney stream tomorrow. We just finished recording and completing the bracket.

Tune in tomorrow for some unique surprises. It's our first tournament ever, so there's still much work to be done. Everything is a huge WIP. But we're doing our best. Tune in tomorrow! Stream time TBA
Re: CvS2 vs POTS Tournament 1st Tourney Streaming Tomorrow!
#20  August 15, 2021, 02:18:58 pm
Make sure you keep it as a VID so people from other time zones can watch it too.
Re: CvS2 vs POTS Tournament 1st Tourney... LIVE! TUNE IN NOW!!!
#21  August 16, 2021, 01:23:23 am
    • USA
Make sure you keep it as a VID so people from other time zones can watch it too.

Hey PeXXeR, good to see you. If I'm understanding your statement correctly, we do in fact preserve each video after each livestream, just in case some people miss it! That includes all previous streams as well for our other tourneys.

Tune in later at 4PM Pacific time for when it starts! And if you happen to miss the livestream, it'll still be preserved on our youtube channel.

BTW, we are live now!!
Link below or check first post. Thanks have and have a good one folks!
https://youtu.be/49Ttx60BY4Y
Re: CvS2 vs POTS Tournament 1st Tourney... LIVE! TUNE IN NOW!!!
#22  August 16, 2021, 11:03:35 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Hey PeXXeR, good to see you. If I'm understanding your statement correctly, we do in fact preserve each video after each livestream, just in case some people miss it! That includes all previous streams as well for our other tourneys.

Tune in later at 4PM Pacific time for when it starts! And if you happen to miss the livestream, it'll still be preserved on our youtube channel.

BTW, we are live now!!
Link below or check first post. Thanks have and have a good one folks!
https://youtu.be/49Ttx60BY4Y

Good initiative! It allows nice match ups.
Nice tournament, glad to see some well known names too ^^
Re: CvS2 vs POTS ... In Search of Roster! Suggestions?
#23  August 17, 2021, 08:45:14 am
    • USA
Hello, I'm in search of improving our roster for CvS2 vs POTS. I've already started the process of removing chain combos for a lot of the infinite chars, and fixing the frame data so that it either matches CvS2 or CFJ.

We would love to hear your suggestions on who we can add to the roster. Mainly right now I'm looking for good POTS characters to fill up the roster. I've heard of RagingRowen, Trololo, Karma C, DivineWolf, Jmorphman, classic POTS, and 4 million other edits. Would love to hear your suggestions.

We're also looking for more fighters too. If you're interested in joining as a fighter, feel free to tell us who you want to use to fight. Thanks.
#24  August 17, 2021, 12:27:34 pm
Well, I guess I can only provide what I use.
Here is a snippet of my roster, let me know if you want me to DM you the Def over discord.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

HOWEVER, infinite chars I feel dont mix well with POTS or CVS, even if you touch them up, they were not intended to even do that tbh.
Their EX moves have insane vels on em, stuff like that.
They dont have cancel windows, you can cancel out of everything pretty much and some of them have questionable design choices.

On the good side though Infinite's more recent chars are somewhat closer to source when it comes to moves and stuff.
Keep in mind while Infinite's chars are solid, most of his copycats are quite the mess tbh, the only good one that comes to my mind is Sennou's chars but it has been a bit since i last used them so I don't know right now.

To be fair I don't think pots and cvs mix all that well to but its bless.
Not to mention POTS evolved his style as he went, I still think his best char is Geese.
POTS Sakura is busted pretty much, however I am unsure but a better one might be coming in the future.

For CVS2 Style
JZ
Waru (your and JZ's edits)
I think DGO made some cool CVS2 stuff, like Kaede and Demitri.
In general I am not very familiar with the CVS2 side of the community but these pop up on my mind.

For POTS from what I played I would suggest the following in no particular order.
DivineWolf
Jman
Knuckles
Cruz
Tiffany by Rhythmical
DeathScythe's Akuma and Ingrid.
Froz BIson ( I personally dont like his Urien but his Gill is solid)
ReddBrink has made a cool Haggar and Rugal.
Can Vyn's Rock, Rugal and Terry be bunched up here as they are POTSish ?
Trololo's Cody.
Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 12:52:51 pm by PeXXeR
#25  August 17, 2021, 02:07:58 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Is there a chance to add some MK stuff in there? WE WANT FATALS DAMMIT
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#26  August 17, 2021, 03:28:24 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Hey extra, I've talked about this with Xanxus on Discord. I have an idea to have more control over what characters are going in. This way you can avoid broken characters slipping into the roster. The idea is to start small with a 20 character base roster of POTS and CvS2 characters. Those would be:

Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile, Cammy, Dictator
Kyo, Iori, Terry, Mai, Rugal

The ten of those both in CvS2 and POTS Style. I think the only character waru didn't made from this list is Mai, so we good for CvS2. For POTS version of those characters its a bit harder and you have more options, but its doable.

Then, every player that signs up for the tourney requests 5 characters max that are not in the roster, and you guys accept/reject the rqs and balance them if needed. I can help with the balancing part.

I think this approach is better because realistically there's no point on adding shit ton of characters if they're not going to be played, and 5 characters per player offers a lot of variety already (a 10 player tourney would have a 70 character roster).

One more thing:

For open tourneys like UMT Monthly I think its fine to accept basically everything because its trying to embody the spirit of mugen haha. But for thematic rosters like this, I think you guys should be more open to reject stuff and offer alternatives when the things just don't match either of the styles.
#27  August 17, 2021, 09:10:45 pm
    • USA
Well, I guess I can only provide what I use.
Here is a snippet of my roster, let me know if you want me to DM you the Def over discord.

Beautiful screenshot. I was thinking of using that at some point for one of our games, just minus the custom select screen portraits since that would be a lot of work to do for nearly 50+ chars lol. I'll take a look at that roster though.

For POTS from what I played I would suggest the following in no particular order.
DivineWolf
Jman
Knuckles
Cruz
Tiffany by Rhythmical
DeathScythe's Akuma and Ingrid.
Froz BIson ( I personally dont like his Urien but his Gill is solid)
ReddBrink has made a cool Haggar and Rugal.
Can Vyn's Rock, Rugal and Terry be bunched up here as they are POTSish ?
Trololo's Cody.

I just added DeathScythe's Akuma last night actually. His (or her?)'s Akuma is pretty good actually. There was lot of intricate little details that people usually dont notice that was put into this Akuma, but I noticed it. I'll have to look into those other names you mentioned like Cruz, Victorys, and ReddBrink.

Yeah, I think Vyn can be generally acceptable.

The idea is to start small with a 20 character base roster of POTS and CvS2 characters. Those would be:

Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile, Cammy, Dictator
Kyo, Iori, Terry, Mai, Rugal

But for thematic rosters like this, I think you guys should be more open to reject stuff and offer alternatives when the things just don't match either of the styles.

Yeah I agree, having a base roster sounds pretty fair and logical, and then add a few additional ones upon the request of the fighters.

One thing I am struggling with currently is what to do when there's multiple good POTS versions of the same char, but from different authors? For example if DivineRock was suggested but another player has a personal attachment to Vyn Rock. I even had a guy say remove classic POTS Ryu and add Edit 187 Memo or something like that. I've had 3 or 4 different Terry recommended by different people but I tried to tell them KC's is the best.

While I do believe everyone's personal feelings are valid, there has to be an absolute or definitive version for the characters. Like hands down one has to be the best, most balanced, and most accurate. Otherwise, we've been in previous situations before where people wanted 5 different Akuma and Ryu's just because they had a personal attachment to that particular one. Lol

The situation gets a little complicated, because at some point people will say "all truths are subjective" "your truth is different from my truth" "your best version of a char is not the best version for me" and this is even after someone spent 100% of an effort to datamine the best version available lol.

The next thing I need to figure out is an easy way to cater to the fighters. we've had a habit of filling up the roster full of characters, but the like half of the roster was only suggestions and at no point did some of these people suggesting chars ever say they were interested in playing or committing to being an active player. So I had to delete a lot of requests over time because some people who thought they would play based on their suggestions ended up never showing up. basically, some people who requested chars were mostly only intersted in spectating, and then some fighters who fight were only interested in specific chars that cater their needs. God, just shoot me already Haha
Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 09:17:20 pm by extravagant
#28  August 17, 2021, 09:35:57 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I would also argue that Infinite's chars(every marvel chars) and anything after Blue Mary should be fair game to add
tho I would also suggest removing chains and launchers peermanently from these non-marvel characters
and limiting chains in Marvel chars Infinite makes using this instead (MoveContact=[1,4])
Every DW char uses this,its based on Cvs2 Morrigan
I would also like to suggest removing LV1 to LV1 Super cancels in All Infinite Characters and completely replacing CC on Marvel chars with Max Mode since they already have chains
I can volunteer for this mission on Marvel chars,if necessarry,
I also wanna request some of my edits on build(havent decided on who yet),and I'm  willing to make a list of frame data in my requested edits before suggesting them.

Rowens Edits worth Checking for build list
Batsu
Lei-Lei
E.Honda
Raiden/Blanka easy commands(for my beloved keyboard fighters)
Clark
Yuri
Sakura(You guys use Varo Sakura,this is kinda same maybe a better replacement)?
Rowen Ryu instead of og broken one and Mr.Ansatsuken's
Rowen Edit of Seth(Probably the most worked on edit)
Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 09:42:06 pm by BurningSoul
#29  August 17, 2021, 11:06:59 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
While I do believe everyone's personal feelings are valid, there has to be an absolute or definitive version for the characters. Like hands down one has to be the best, most balanced, and most accurate. Otherwise, we've been in previous situations before where people wanted 5 different Akuma and Ryu's just because they had a personal attachment to that particular one. Lol
I think it comes down to what TOs define as the parameters for the definitive version. If you and Xanxus define the definitive version as the one the players want in, that's a valid choice I guess. If the definitive version is decided by accuracy, balance or code quality, that's something else. There's even factors that don't really relate to source accuracy, like the character having a buffering already coded or not. The base roster should be easy to design.

For RQs (and having people request characters are have other versions already in), I think there's two main ways to handle that:

1) Reject stuff when it's either a) broken or poorly coded beyond repair or b) unfitting the theme of the roster. If someone wants R@CE's Benimaru and doesn't compromise to use Jmorphman's Benimaru: tough shit, the roster is CvS2 vs POTS, not CvS2 vs Infinite. Just think about this: what would you do if someone asked CvS2 Boxer... But instead of asking for Jesuszilla's, the player wanted Rei's version because he thinks its better. Apply the same scenario but with someone picking Gal129's Eagle over JZ's. Or Rei's Zangief over Waru's. I firmly believe you wouldn't let that happen haha.

2) Reduce the rqs to 3 per player, maybe. This way, if a player REALLY wants to use SonicMarioFan420 version of Chun-Li instead of Jmorphman's, the player has to decide between picking a fully functional character that it's already there or learning version that it's in there and having the option of picking something else. There's plenty players that played more than 3 character in the tourney, having a pocket counterpick is always valuable.
You can go even beyond with this rule, maybe have a penalty of -1 rq for picking a version of a character that it's already there, or maybe reducing the requests to two characters altogether (it could be interesting to see people building their teams with 2 comfy choices and 1 adaptive choice).

The next thing I need to figure out is an easy way to cater to the fighters. we've had a habit of filling up the roster full of characters, but the like half of the roster was only suggestions and at no point did some of these people suggesting chars ever say they were interested in playing or committing to being an active player. So I had to delete a lot of requests over time because some people who thought they would play based on their suggestions ended up never showing up. basically, some people who requested chars were mostly only intersted in spectating, and then some fighters who fight were only interested in specific chars that cater their needs. God, just shoot me already Haha
Just say no lol when it came down to that incident, Xanxus said it was the staff's fault because it was a slip. Feilong's having more damage on block than on hit was a slip too. This is because you guys can't do a thorough quality control if there's +100 characters on the roster, and it shouldn't be like that. More than half of the characters were not used at all, Jam was staring at me all the time and no one picked her lol. This is the main reason I think my idea would be better. Having a small roster with expansions based on limited amount of rqs would make things easier to balance.

I know you asked for help, but just look at the post above. Mete suggested 9 characters and I assure you he has 0 intentions of playing 7 of them.

For real, consider it. 20 base roster + 3 characters per player would make up for a solid 68 character roster (without counting hidden ex modes, which are another topic) with 16 players. It's way easier to balance 48 characters instead of 100.
#30  August 18, 2021, 03:40:47 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
here is my redesign of the base roster and suggestions
CVS2 VS POTS ROSTER REDESIGN

Base Roster
Ryu (Evil Ryu and Kage)
Akuma
Ken (Violent and Evil)
Chun-li
Karin (or Rolento)
Nash (Shadow and SFV)
Zangief
Claw
Boxer
Dictator

SNK
Kyo (Ex Kyo/Kyosuke)
Terry
Iori (Orochi)
Mai
Shermie (Orochi)
Angel
Ryo (EX)
Yuri
Rock
Geese (nightmare)
Rugal (God)

Suggestions:
Capcom
Alex
Morrigan
Demitri
Lei Lei
Jedah
Capcom
Guile
Guy
Cody
Haggar
Sakura
the Twins (Yun and Yang)
Urien
Q
Sagat
Dan
Blanka

SNK
Robert
Tizoc
Shingo
Raiden
Yamazaki
Athena
King
Tizoc
Joe
Andy
Clark
Goddess Athena
Leona

Other
Jin kazama
Kazuya Mishima
Jam
Dizzy
Re: UMT Tournament #6 Next Saturday 12/18/21
#31  December 12, 2021, 08:12:30 pm
    • USA
Thank you to KC and Bluekuma for your suggestions. (Sorry late reply)

On a side note, we are pleased to announce our upcoming tournament (season 6) for UMT next Saturday, December 18, 2021.

If you are looking for that mixed bag of chaos and you want to join us, please let us know. It's always great to see new players fighting on stream. Otherwise, stay tuned for Sunday the 19th, for the tournament stream for viewers to see the results. Time TBA.

In the meantime, please enjoy our recent semi-grudge match that was livestreamed by Bluekuma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z036KzTvbSY
Re: UMT Tournament #6 streams tomorrow 3pm PDT
#32  January 02, 2022, 09:18:12 am
    • USA
UMT Tournament 6 (12/18/2021) will be streamed live tomorrow, January 2, 2022 at 3PM PDT.

Due to IKEMEN GO .98, there were some issues with DefenceMulSet behavior that ruined the balance of some characters. Despite that, it was still a good tournament. Tune in tomorrow!
Re: UMT Tournament #6 streams tomorrow 3pm PDT
#33  February 06, 2022, 03:31:41 am
    • USA
We are now LIVE!

https://youtu.be/nvU1lcBlE10

Tune in tomorrow evening 3pm or 5pm PCT.

Exhibition Tournament Test

Tune into an epic, balanced, and clean edit KOF game reworked by krudelu.

These matches is an actual tournament done in exhibition style, so pretty much all our fighters are pretty fresh. Some fighters here dont even play KOF.

There will be a tournament streamed of a new KOF game, but completely reworked from the ground up. No longer epic cheapie flash fx, and back to classic KOF style with main influences various KOF games, but mostly on the basics and spirit of the original KOF games.

It is NOT the silly flashy KOF boss lvl 99 stuff.

KOFMLV2 "KRW" Version is the "reworked"/edited KOFMLV2 Full game that was originally made by Zelgadis from 2011-2012.

This "rework"/edit/rebalance was done by Krudelu (KRM stands for Krudelu's Rework). The version features several changes to make it more viable for 3v3 Turns KOF Style Player vs Player matches.

Credits goes to Zelgadis for creating the original full game from 2011-2012.

Since I'm not associated with the original creator, please think of this as another fan edit but with my own different spin on it for player vs player viability if you guys wish.

I know some people may have problems with the original creator in one way or another but just a reminder that this version that's being played was edited by me to be more player vs player friendly with some additions by me so expect a lot of changes compared to the original.  I just wanted to credit the original full game editor as someone who's using other's work so please don't attack the original creator or something.

- Krudelu
Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 01:06:37 am by extravagant
Re: We are now LIVE! KOFM Tournament. Tune in now!
#34  February 07, 2022, 01:08:22 am
    • USA
Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 02:44:06 am by extravagant
Re: We are now LIVE! KOFM Tournament. Tune in now!
#35  February 07, 2022, 01:26:14 am
    • UK
Might I suggest posting the link in your latest post and not just the first post to avoid confusion?
WIP Schedule:
UMT Anniversary Tournament This Saturday!
#36  March 16, 2022, 07:21:02 am
    • USA
UMT Tournament coming up 03/15/2022

This is our anniversary celebrating our first year in this fighter based community. Wow, it's been a year already! We've had much fun and great memories doing this. Will you join us in this fun? Feel free to compete and come dance with us!

Challonge: https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/3IF3LFa3Fq#/signup/tao687rme6p
Discord: DM for invite link or reply to this thread if you're interested to join
Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 07:28:24 am by extravagant
Re: UMT Anniversary Tournament This Saturday!
#37  March 16, 2022, 08:06:41 am
    • Indonesia
UMT Tournament coming up 03/15/2022

This is our anniversary celebrating our first year in this fighter based community. Wow, it's been a year already! We've had much fun and great memories doing this. Will you join us in this fun? Feel free to compete and come dance with us!

Challonge: https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/3IF3LFa3Fq#/signup/tao687rme6p

Wow! This is going to be very exciting! Everyone should totally join!
Re: UMT Anniversary Tournament This Saturday!
#38  March 16, 2022, 05:22:50 pm
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
def joining this tourney again now that i have the time. great opportunity for the mugen community to show their fg skills.
UMT Tournament Streams TOMORROW! 03/20/2022 3pm
#39  March 20, 2022, 02:03:15 am
    • USA
We are having an excellent UMT tonight. Great, epic matches between CvS2, OHMSBY, and To-Aru styles clashing it out.

Despite the issues we faced (people quitting), we still do what we do best: fight our best and make kickass content.
And yes, we've done that.

Not finished yet, but there will be some great hype matches in tomorrow's streaming of the tournament. Make sure to tune in tomorrow if you dont got nothing better to do :)

UMT Tournament Streams TOMORROW! 03/19/2022 3pm

Stream Link: https://youtu.be/hui4W13UWeY
Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 11:33:16 pm by extravagant
Re: UMT Tournament .. We are LIVE NOW!!
#40  March 20, 2022, 11:34:16 pm
    • USA
CvS2 vs POTS Tournament--- Sign up NOW!!
#41  April 13, 2022, 10:10:58 am
    • USA
CvS2 vs POTS Tournament--- Sign up NOW!!

Hello all, we are very pleased to announce our second CvS2 vs POTS tournament this Saturday. Featuring classic POTS system chars by POTS, KarmaC, Jmorphman, RagingRowen, Trololol, and more!

It's called CvS2 vs POTS for simplicity sake. I know POTS himself wants us to stop calling it POTS style and just call it Mugen style :o

In any case, please consider joining and register on challonge:

https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/ibbFlHJGtt
CvS2 vs POTS -- SURPRISE 1st place prize?!?!
#42  April 13, 2022, 05:56:12 pm
    • USA
If you can win this tournament, you may be honored and fortunate enough (like I was the first time around) and win a character you want made by none other than the honorable KC! We hope to see you fight hard should you be interested. (you should)

Thanks to RagingRowen for these nice logos!

Re: CvS2 vs POTS Tournament--- 1st Place Winner SPECIAL PRIZE!!
#43  April 15, 2022, 01:22:38 pm
Who is "Attitudeindicator" who registered on the challonge link for the tournament? If "AttitudeIindicator" or someone who know him see this message pls answer to tell me how I can contact him or add me on discord: Xanxus75#0172
Every peoples who register for UMT tournaments have to be on the server to keep the track of all informations and also for the tournament day (Bracket evolution, chat...)
#44  April 17, 2022, 12:24:11 am
    • USA
If attitudeindictator doesnt contact us so we give him the information to find the players, we will have to disqualify him.

The house, my friends, is packed tonight. It'll be a full show in tomorrow's stream!
#45  April 30, 2022, 10:13:23 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
Alright Y'all sorry for the long delay for the stream that was supposed to happen a minute ago, so TODAY AT 3 PM PDT/6 PM EST will be the official time for the tournament stream for CVS2 VS POTS. Y'all do not want to miss this one! A lot of solid players showcased their fighting game skills to compete at the top!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGAw02U2bQoMQQPDE52QdSg will be the channel hosting the stream with me and JTheSaltyy duo commentating as well!

Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:20:11 pm by Bluekuma
#46  May 01, 2022, 12:04:10 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
#47  May 01, 2022, 08:46:50 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
Here is the full tournament stream, almost 6 hours long of competitive Ikemen/mugen matches
#48  May 01, 2022, 09:04:37 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I passed by during the live to have a look at you guys.
Looks pretty fun.

But I'm not sure I would have enough skills to win even 1 round.
Particularly considering that some of these characters versions are absolutely unknown for me :)
#49  May 01, 2022, 12:02:38 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I get that it's to stay out of the way of the CvS2 power bars, but that's a really bad position and size for the default powerbars. Since you're using Ikemen you could use a larger power bar and edit the CvS2 chars to hide it.

Also sorry to go off on a tangent here, but how big is online Mugen/Ikemen? Back then I always thought that would've been the biggest game changer ever.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#50  May 02, 2022, 11:36:31 pm
    • USA
I passed by during the live to have a look at you guys.
Looks pretty fun.

But I'm not sure I would have enough skills to win even 1 round.
Particularly considering that some of these characters versions are absolutely unknown for me :)

Thanks, just your support and viewership is good enough. I do recommend playing some day, as that will help you in your creation process and also many other fields. Until then, just watching us, we appreciate and welcome you.

I get that it's to stay out of the way of the CvS2 power bars, but that's a really bad position and size for the default powerbars. Since you're using Ikemen you could use a larger power bar and edit the CvS2 chars to hide it.

Also sorry to go off on a tangent here, but how big is online Mugen/Ikemen? Back then I always thought that would've been the biggest game changer ever.

Truly appreciate the feedback. I'm not a super good coder, but I would love to see that idea come into fruition. If possible, I'd love to have the bars on the bottom or somewhere else too, but I haven't found a solution that I could possibly do yet. I love your idea though. I wonder if it's even possible. Actually on stream, we had the name bar blocking the meters, so that's why it was even MORE hard to see. Without the namebar it would have been way more visible.

The online (fighting) community for MUGEN / IKEMEN GO is still relatively small. Only a few full game projects like TMNT x JL , SVC EX, and basically, my community are doing a lot of the fighting. There's also Capcom Universe (great game), but they haven't kicked it off with much tournament or IKEMEN GO online activity yet.

You should have seen 2019 to 2020, it was a ghost town. In our community we simply focus on the fighting aspects and try to let that grow. Back in the early 2000s, we all DREAMED of being able to play MUGEN online, I remember just thinking how awesome it would be. In those days, we had no choice but to fight AI patches for a challenge. However, something happened when MUGEN was playable online. People stopped wanting to play online, and so it became this "technology was there, but the people weren't" type of deal.
#51  May 03, 2022, 01:46:47 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Probably because netplay standards are pretty high. I don't imagine Ikemen has rollback support at all yet? Nowadays people don't really settle for bad netcode. I have asked friends to play MUGEN fullgames either over Parsec or Ikemen but they generally try it only once or not at all because of the netcode situation. And I don't blame them.
UMT Tourney #8 next Saturday Auguts 8th
#52  August 08, 2022, 02:01:13 am
    • USA
             Greetings fellow fighters and enthusiasts,

After a few month hiatus due to all kinds of inconvenience, we are excited to announce another UMT tournament coming up on August 13th @ 4pm PDT. We'll be doing Turns Mode instead of Ratio like last time.

A quick peak at our roster. We could use some more fighters! Consider joining us if you want. More details to be announced.
Re: Re: UMT Tourney #8 Streaming NOW! TUNE IN!!!!
#53  August 22, 2022, 12:59:23 am
    • USA
#54  August 27, 2022, 11:44:01 pm
Hello Everyone, we are back with more KOF content, a series of FT5 exhibition matches on the KOFMLV2 KRW IKEMEN build that will be streamed the Sunday August 28, 2022 at 3PM PDT.

KOFMLV2 KRW is an edited/reimagined version of a full game by Krudelu. It was edited from original KOFMLV2 by Zelgadis from its 2011-2012 version. The rework/rebalance is tuned to be more competitive viable for player vs player matches. On top of that, there are some gameplay additions included.

Check out our two tournaments on this build to see how it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvU1lcBlE10&list=PLdM7l2G_1QFX-OQ4vjspKIX4urOhF9F3U&index=7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wLUszYQa8Q&list=PLdM7l2G_1QFX-OQ4vjspKIX4urOhF9F3U&index=10
Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 11:55:55 pm by Xanxus75
#55  August 29, 2022, 12:29:18 am
#56  August 29, 2022, 02:47:16 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I am going to be 100 percent honest with you guys - these things run too long, and you're streaming this one on a Sunday night on top of that. People gotta work... not an opportune time to stream something with very niche interest. I would suggest splitting up at least your top 8s into seperate VODs so people can access it easier. You can bank on it bringing in more interest than several hour long streams with a lot of boring matches.

I am happy to see this specific game though cause its a lot more balanced and, imo, skill-dependent than the weird compilations you guys usually play.
#57  August 30, 2022, 12:03:34 am
This latest long stream was a new event that we experienced but if you’re talking about most streams in general, they last a long time because they are tournament streams and we show all the matches live so the total duration of the stream depends on the number of participants and matches. We usually do tournament streams on Sundays at 3-4 PM PDT as they are the day after our tournaments which are held on Saturdays at 3-4PM PDT. Even if it is true that the duration of the stream on a Sunday can make it more difficult to watch it in its entirety, this is the formula we have been using since the beginning and it seems to work in relation to the general audience, we already tried to do some streams a little earlier (2PM PDT for example) and it didn’t work at all so we deduced that the most "attractive" time was from 3PM PDT but in any case we had recently thought about doing the long streams on Saturday to see how it goes, so this possibility will be tested. As for dividing the streams into two parts, we didn’t plan to do that until we reached a larger number of tournament participants that would cause a longer stream duration, doing so now would risk dividing the interest of tournament streams in their entirety.
KOFM KRW Random Select Tourney this Saturday
#58  October 20, 2022, 10:41:28 am
    • USA
KOFM KRW Tournament this Saturday.

We'll be holding our FIRST Special Tournament Event Mode

This time, it will be a Random Select Tournament Mode

This would be one of the Special Tournament Event Mode that's going to be featured in UMT server. More Special  Tournament Modes would be implemented in the future to give different flavors for different type of events.

Challonge registration is now open for Random Select Tournament Mode Event for KOFMLV2 KRW Version IKEMEN Tournament

The tourney will be held at Saturday October 22, 2022 at 3PM PDT (US West Coast Time)

The mode it will be played on will be 3v3 Turns Mode

Please make sure that you guys download the latest update of the build

Please don't forget to do a connection test before the tournament starts

For the rules, please refer to read-da-rules for more info.

While the time in this announcement was set, please let us still know if you guys still wanted a voting for a different time or you guys wanted to move it to a different schedule in schedule-negotiation

For this upcoming tournament, the winner of this tournament WILL be able to decide ONE character to get prioritized for the next character addition update

https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/eftC8K5kwg#/signup/sc3k9m4lhh
Re: KOFM KRW Random Select Tourney !! Streaming now
#59  October 30, 2022, 01:30:30 am
    • USA
Tournament stream! Tune in if you aint got nothing else to do!

update: postponed sorry
Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 01:35:59 am by extravagant
Re: KOFM KRW Random Select Tourney Streaming now!
#60  November 04, 2022, 11:25:30 pm
KOFMLV2 KRW special "Random Select" tournament stream will resume this Saturday (November 5) at 3PM PDT, feel free to come watching to see cool mugen/ikemen PvP content.
Re: KOFM KRW Random Select Tourney Streaming Today 3pm PDT
#61  November 06, 2022, 12:48:03 am
    • UK
I got permission to post a link to the stream:
WIP Schedule:
Re: KOFM KRW Random Select Tourney Streaming Today 3pm PDT
#62  November 07, 2022, 12:06:49 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
Re: CvS2 vs POTS IKEMEN GO Update Trailer [YEE BOY]
#63  February 05, 2023, 07:55:35 pm
    • USA

Update in the works. To be released some time this week.
#64  February 11, 2023, 04:11:56 pm
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZJBj1u_GH0[/youtube]

are u using arcade stick to do the combos ?
btw, I don't think mature and takuma are from warusaki3, I think they are edit as from I can remember(I didn't see a topic with these two releases of waru)
https://www-mediafire-com.translate.goog/folder/j8srioxidnmi6/CVS?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp ... nothing yet

btw (again) I was wondering how u had nash before warusaki3 released it ? private chars ?
Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 04:15:42 pm by kamui 2.0
#65  February 18, 2023, 05:18:39 pm
I believe that nash was from other Mugen creators like ikeislegend, 2 or bajanflash

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#66  February 19, 2023, 12:06:36 am
    • Peru
Hello kamui 2.0.

Mature was made for the author "Tjun".
#67  February 23, 2023, 06:56:50 pm
#68  February 23, 2023, 06:59:39 pm
#69  March 04, 2023, 05:25:36 pm
    • USA
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZJBj1u_GH0[/youtube]

are u using arcade stick to do the combos ?
btw, I don't think mature and takuma are from warusaki3, I think they are edit as from I can remember(I didn't see a topic with these two releases of waru)

btw (again) I was wondering how u had nash before warusaki3 released it ? private chars ?

They're not warusaki3 chars. Some are from misnamed and that's because our video editor didn't know the nuanced different CvS2 authors. I already knew it was incorrect but the video was already processed by the time I could say anything.

My friend (in the video) uses keyboard. I personally use arcade stick.

The cvsnash currently isnt by warusaki3, it's an older one by 2 or Bajanflash (I don't remember) but I personally sourced his hitboxes (CLSN data) from Alpha 2 and Alpha 3,  then updated his other stuff like gave him variable height and fixed a few other system related stuff. I probably should update to the warusaki3 version though, but so far I didn't find and necessary reason to do so. What's the difference anyway? I've yet to figure it out haha.
UMT Season 9 Tournament Saturday 4/29
#70  April 27, 2023, 06:33:58 am
    • USA
Re: UMT Season 9 Tournament Streaming Now! Tune in!
#71  May 14, 2023, 12:39:21 am
    • USA
Blazblue Cross Team Battle Tournament (Season 1)
#72  May 26, 2023, 07:17:28 am
    • USA

Build resume:
Blazblue Cross Team Battle is a OHMSBY style build with a +80 chars roster, there’s some modifications for a better balance and this is only played in ratio mode.

Tourney information:
Challonge link:
https://challonge.com/2u3kzu4u

To join the tourney, register in the challonge and add Xanxus75#0172 on Discord (to join the server)

There’s a $50 bounty on Yui’s head (whoever eliminate yui from the tournament get the money)
Re: Blazblue Cross Team Battle Tournament (Season 1)
#73  July 01, 2023, 04:35:19 am

Blazblue Cross Team Battle tournament stream this Saturday at 3PM PDT!
#74  July 01, 2023, 07:00:52 am
  • Life is not daijobu
    • Paraguay
    • sites.google.com/view/tornillo-oxidado-edits/characters?authuser=0
That Select Screen looks pretty cool
#75  July 02, 2023, 12:24:29 am
Yeah Twogolddabloons (game dev) comissioned the screenpack, it's clean and beautiful (forms, colors, fonts...), it's the cleanest screenpack I ever saw tbh lol
Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 12:36:53 am by Xanxus75
#76  July 02, 2023, 12:33:53 am
#77  January 20, 2024, 11:37:08 pm
We are streaming the CVS2vsPOTS 3rd tournament this Saturday at 4pm PDT (in about 30 minutes). Come joining to watch sick matches in this CVS2 and POTS style roster  :8):

#78  January 21, 2024, 12:53:35 am