YesNoOk

Blazblue Cross Team Battle Tournament (Season 1) (Read 535649 times)

Started by extravagant, April 22, 2021, 01:23:15 am
Share this topic:
Re: CvS2 vs POTS Tournament 1st Tourney... LIVE! TUNE IN NOW!!!
#21  August 16, 2021, 01:23:23 am
    • USA
Make sure you keep it as a VID so people from other time zones can watch it too.

Hey PeXXeR, good to see you. If I'm understanding your statement correctly, we do in fact preserve each video after each livestream, just in case some people miss it! That includes all previous streams as well for our other tourneys.

Tune in later at 4PM Pacific time for when it starts! And if you happen to miss the livestream, it'll still be preserved on our youtube channel.

BTW, we are live now!!
Link below or check first post. Thanks have and have a good one folks!
https://youtu.be/49Ttx60BY4Y
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Re: CvS2 vs POTS Tournament 1st Tourney... LIVE! TUNE IN NOW!!!
#22  August 16, 2021, 11:03:35 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Make sure you keep it as a VID so people from other time zones can watch it too.

Hey PeXXeR, good to see you. If I'm understanding your statement correctly, we do in fact preserve each video after each livestream, just in case some people miss it! That includes all previous streams as well for our other tourneys.

Tune in later at 4PM Pacific time for when it starts! And if you happen to miss the livestream, it'll still be preserved on our youtube channel.

BTW, we are live now!!
Link below or check first post. Thanks have and have a good one folks!
https://youtu.be/49Ttx60BY4Y

Good initiative! It allows nice match ups.
Nice tournament, glad to see some well known names too ^^
Re: CvS2 vs POTS ... In Search of Roster! Suggestions?
#23  August 17, 2021, 08:45:14 am
    • USA
Hello, I'm in search of improving our roster for CvS2 vs POTS. I've already started the process of removing chain combos for a lot of the infinite chars, and fixing the frame data so that it either matches CvS2 or CFJ.

We would love to hear your suggestions on who we can add to the roster. Mainly right now I'm looking for good POTS characters to fill up the roster. I've heard of RagingRowen, Trololo, Karma C, DivineWolf, Jmorphman, classic POTS, and 4 million other edits. Would love to hear your suggestions.

We're also looking for more fighters too. If you're interested in joining as a fighter, feel free to tell us who you want to use to fight. Thanks.
#24  August 17, 2021, 12:27:34 pm
Well, I guess I can only provide what I use.
Here is a snippet of my roster, let me know if you want me to DM you the Def over discord.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

HOWEVER, infinite chars I feel dont mix well with POTS or CVS, even if you touch them up, they were not intended to even do that tbh.
Their EX moves have insane vels on em, stuff like that.
They dont have cancel windows, you can cancel out of everything pretty much and some of them have questionable design choices.

On the good side though Infinite's more recent chars are somewhat closer to source when it comes to moves and stuff.
Keep in mind while Infinite's chars are solid, most of his copycats are quite the mess tbh, the only good one that comes to my mind is Sennou's chars but it has been a bit since i last used them so I don't know right now.

To be fair I don't think pots and cvs mix all that well to but its bless.
Not to mention POTS evolved his style as he went, I still think his best char is Geese.
POTS Sakura is busted pretty much, however I am unsure but a better one might be coming in the future.

For CVS2 Style
JZ
Waru (your and JZ's edits)
I think DGO made some cool CVS2 stuff, like Kaede and Demitri.
In general I am not very familiar with the CVS2 side of the community but these pop up on my mind.

For POTS from what I played I would suggest the following in no particular order.
DivineWolf
Jman
Knuckles
Cruz
Tiffany by Rhythmical
DeathScythe's Akuma and Ingrid.
Froz BIson ( I personally dont like his Urien but his Gill is solid)
ReddBrink has made a cool Haggar and Rugal.
Can Vyn's Rock, Rugal and Terry be bunched up here as they are POTSish ?
Trololo's Cody.
Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 12:52:51 pm by PeXXeR
#25  August 17, 2021, 02:07:58 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Is there a chance to add some MK stuff in there? WE WANT FATALS DAMMIT
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#26  August 17, 2021, 03:28:24 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Hey extra, I've talked about this with Xanxus on Discord. I have an idea to have more control over what characters are going in. This way you can avoid broken characters slipping into the roster. The idea is to start small with a 20 character base roster of POTS and CvS2 characters. Those would be:

Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile, Cammy, Dictator
Kyo, Iori, Terry, Mai, Rugal

The ten of those both in CvS2 and POTS Style. I think the only character waru didn't made from this list is Mai, so we good for CvS2. For POTS version of those characters its a bit harder and you have more options, but its doable.

Then, every player that signs up for the tourney requests 5 characters max that are not in the roster, and you guys accept/reject the rqs and balance them if needed. I can help with the balancing part.

I think this approach is better because realistically there's no point on adding shit ton of characters if they're not going to be played, and 5 characters per player offers a lot of variety already (a 10 player tourney would have a 70 character roster).

One more thing:

For open tourneys like UMT Monthly I think its fine to accept basically everything because its trying to embody the spirit of mugen haha. But for thematic rosters like this, I think you guys should be more open to reject stuff and offer alternatives when the things just don't match either of the styles.
#27  August 17, 2021, 09:10:45 pm
    • USA
Well, I guess I can only provide what I use.
Here is a snippet of my roster, let me know if you want me to DM you the Def over discord.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Beautiful screenshot. I was thinking of using that at some point for one of our games, just minus the custom select screen portraits since that would be a lot of work to do for nearly 50+ chars lol. I'll take a look at that roster though.

For POTS from what I played I would suggest the following in no particular order.
DivineWolf
Jman
Knuckles
Cruz
Tiffany by Rhythmical
DeathScythe's Akuma and Ingrid.
Froz BIson ( I personally dont like his Urien but his Gill is solid)
ReddBrink has made a cool Haggar and Rugal.
Can Vyn's Rock, Rugal and Terry be bunched up here as they are POTSish ?
Trololo's Cody.

I just added DeathScythe's Akuma last night actually. His (or her?)'s Akuma is pretty good actually. There was lot of intricate little details that people usually dont notice that was put into this Akuma, but I noticed it. I'll have to look into those other names you mentioned like Cruz, Victorys, and ReddBrink.

Yeah, I think Vyn can be generally acceptable.

The idea is to start small with a 20 character base roster of POTS and CvS2 characters. Those would be:

Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile, Cammy, Dictator
Kyo, Iori, Terry, Mai, Rugal

But for thematic rosters like this, I think you guys should be more open to reject stuff and offer alternatives when the things just don't match either of the styles.

Yeah I agree, having a base roster sounds pretty fair and logical, and then add a few additional ones upon the request of the fighters.

One thing I am struggling with currently is what to do when there's multiple good POTS versions of the same char, but from different authors? For example if DivineRock was suggested but another player has a personal attachment to Vyn Rock. I even had a guy say remove classic POTS Ryu and add Edit 187 Memo or something like that. I've had 3 or 4 different Terry recommended by different people but I tried to tell them KC's is the best.

While I do believe everyone's personal feelings are valid, there has to be an absolute or definitive version for the characters. Like hands down one has to be the best, most balanced, and most accurate. Otherwise, we've been in previous situations before where people wanted 5 different Akuma and Ryu's just because they had a personal attachment to that particular one. Lol

The situation gets a little complicated, because at some point people will say "all truths are subjective" "your truth is different from my truth" "your best version of a char is not the best version for me" and this is even after someone spent 100% of an effort to datamine the best version available lol.

The next thing I need to figure out is an easy way to cater to the fighters. we've had a habit of filling up the roster full of characters, but the like half of the roster was only suggestions and at no point did some of these people suggesting chars ever say they were interested in playing or committing to being an active player. So I had to delete a lot of requests over time because some people who thought they would play based on their suggestions ended up never showing up. basically, some people who requested chars were mostly only intersted in spectating, and then some fighters who fight were only interested in specific chars that cater their needs. God, just shoot me already Haha
Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 09:17:20 pm by extravagant
#28  August 17, 2021, 09:35:57 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I would also argue that Infinite's chars(every marvel chars) and anything after Blue Mary should be fair game to add
tho I would also suggest removing chains and launchers peermanently from these non-marvel characters
and limiting chains in Marvel chars Infinite makes using this instead (MoveContact=[1,4])
Every DW char uses this,its based on Cvs2 Morrigan
I would also like to suggest removing LV1 to LV1 Super cancels in All Infinite Characters and completely replacing CC on Marvel chars with Max Mode since they already have chains
I can volunteer for this mission on Marvel chars,if necessarry,
I also wanna request some of my edits on build(havent decided on who yet),and I'm  willing to make a list of frame data in my requested edits before suggesting them.

Rowens Edits worth Checking for build list
Batsu
Lei-Lei
E.Honda
Raiden/Blanka easy commands(for my beloved keyboard fighters)
Clark
Yuri
Sakura(You guys use Varo Sakura,this is kinda same maybe a better replacement)?
Rowen Ryu instead of og broken one and Mr.Ansatsuken's
Rowen Edit of Seth(Probably the most worked on edit)
Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 09:42:06 pm by BurningSoul
#29  August 17, 2021, 11:06:59 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
While I do believe everyone's personal feelings are valid, there has to be an absolute or definitive version for the characters. Like hands down one has to be the best, most balanced, and most accurate. Otherwise, we've been in previous situations before where people wanted 5 different Akuma and Ryu's just because they had a personal attachment to that particular one. Lol
I think it comes down to what TOs define as the parameters for the definitive version. If you and Xanxus define the definitive version as the one the players want in, that's a valid choice I guess. If the definitive version is decided by accuracy, balance or code quality, that's something else. There's even factors that don't really relate to source accuracy, like the character having a buffering already coded or not. The base roster should be easy to design.

For RQs (and having people request characters are have other versions already in), I think there's two main ways to handle that:

1) Reject stuff when it's either a) broken or poorly coded beyond repair or b) unfitting the theme of the roster. If someone wants R@CE's Benimaru and doesn't compromise to use Jmorphman's Benimaru: tough shit, the roster is CvS2 vs POTS, not CvS2 vs Infinite. Just think about this: what would you do if someone asked CvS2 Boxer... But instead of asking for Jesuszilla's, the player wanted Rei's version because he thinks its better. Apply the same scenario but with someone picking Gal129's Eagle over JZ's. Or Rei's Zangief over Waru's. I firmly believe you wouldn't let that happen haha.

2) Reduce the rqs to 3 per player, maybe. This way, if a player REALLY wants to use SonicMarioFan420 version of Chun-Li instead of Jmorphman's, the player has to decide between picking a fully functional character that it's already there or learning version that it's in there and having the option of picking something else. There's plenty players that played more than 3 character in the tourney, having a pocket counterpick is always valuable.
You can go even beyond with this rule, maybe have a penalty of -1 rq for picking a version of a character that it's already there, or maybe reducing the requests to two characters altogether (it could be interesting to see people building their teams with 2 comfy choices and 1 adaptive choice).

The next thing I need to figure out is an easy way to cater to the fighters. we've had a habit of filling up the roster full of characters, but the like half of the roster was only suggestions and at no point did some of these people suggesting chars ever say they were interested in playing or committing to being an active player. So I had to delete a lot of requests over time because some people who thought they would play based on their suggestions ended up never showing up. basically, some people who requested chars were mostly only intersted in spectating, and then some fighters who fight were only interested in specific chars that cater their needs. God, just shoot me already Haha
Just say no lol when it came down to that incident, Xanxus said it was the staff's fault because it was a slip. Feilong's having more damage on block than on hit was a slip too. This is because you guys can't do a thorough quality control if there's +100 characters on the roster, and it shouldn't be like that. More than half of the characters were not used at all, Jam was staring at me all the time and no one picked her lol. This is the main reason I think my idea would be better. Having a small roster with expansions based on limited amount of rqs would make things easier to balance.

I know you asked for help, but just look at the post above. Mete suggested 9 characters and I assure you he has 0 intentions of playing 7 of them.

For real, consider it. 20 base roster + 3 characters per player would make up for a solid 68 character roster (without counting hidden ex modes, which are another topic) with 16 players. It's way easier to balance 48 characters instead of 100.
#30  August 18, 2021, 03:40:47 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
here is my redesign of the base roster and suggestions
CVS2 VS POTS ROSTER REDESIGN

Base Roster
Ryu (Evil Ryu and Kage)
Akuma
Ken (Violent and Evil)
Chun-li
Karin (or Rolento)
Nash (Shadow and SFV)
Zangief
Claw
Boxer
Dictator

SNK
Kyo (Ex Kyo/Kyosuke)
Terry
Iori (Orochi)
Mai
Shermie (Orochi)
Angel
Ryo (EX)
Yuri
Rock
Geese (nightmare)
Rugal (God)

Suggestions:
Capcom
Alex
Morrigan
Demitri
Lei Lei
Jedah
Capcom
Guile
Guy
Cody
Haggar
Sakura
the Twins (Yun and Yang)
Urien
Q
Sagat
Dan
Blanka

SNK
Robert
Tizoc
Shingo
Raiden
Yamazaki
Athena
King
Tizoc
Joe
Andy
Clark
Goddess Athena
Leona

Other
Jin kazama
Kazuya Mishima
Jam
Dizzy
Re: UMT Tournament #6 Next Saturday 12/18/21
#31  December 12, 2021, 08:12:30 pm
    • USA
Thank you to KC and Bluekuma for your suggestions. (Sorry late reply)

On a side note, we are pleased to announce our upcoming tournament (season 6) for UMT next Saturday, December 18, 2021.

If you are looking for that mixed bag of chaos and you want to join us, please let us know. It's always great to see new players fighting on stream. Otherwise, stay tuned for Sunday the 19th, for the tournament stream for viewers to see the results. Time TBA.

In the meantime, please enjoy our recent semi-grudge match that was livestreamed by Bluekuma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z036KzTvbSY
Re: UMT Tournament #6 streams tomorrow 3pm PDT
#32  January 02, 2022, 09:18:12 am
    • USA
UMT Tournament 6 (12/18/2021) will be streamed live tomorrow, January 2, 2022 at 3PM PDT.

Due to IKEMEN GO .98, there were some issues with DefenceMulSet behavior that ruined the balance of some characters. Despite that, it was still a good tournament. Tune in tomorrow!
Re: UMT Tournament #6 streams tomorrow 3pm PDT
#33  February 06, 2022, 03:31:41 am
    • USA
We are now LIVE!

https://youtu.be/nvU1lcBlE10

Tune in tomorrow evening 3pm or 5pm PCT.

Exhibition Tournament Test

Tune into an epic, balanced, and clean edit KOF game reworked by krudelu.

These matches is an actual tournament done in exhibition style, so pretty much all our fighters are pretty fresh. Some fighters here dont even play KOF.

There will be a tournament streamed of a new KOF game, but completely reworked from the ground up. No longer epic cheapie flash fx, and back to classic KOF style with main influences various KOF games, but mostly on the basics and spirit of the original KOF games.

It is NOT the silly flashy KOF boss lvl 99 stuff.

KOFMLV2 "KRW" Version is the "reworked"/edited KOFMLV2 Full game that was originally made by Zelgadis from 2011-2012.

This "rework"/edit/rebalance was done by Krudelu (KRM stands for Krudelu's Rework). The version features several changes to make it more viable for 3v3 Turns KOF Style Player vs Player matches.

Credits goes to Zelgadis for creating the original full game from 2011-2012.

Since I'm not associated with the original creator, please think of this as another fan edit but with my own different spin on it for player vs player viability if you guys wish.

I know some people may have problems with the original creator in one way or another but just a reminder that this version that's being played was edited by me to be more player vs player friendly with some additions by me so expect a lot of changes compared to the original.  I just wanted to credit the original full game editor as someone who's using other's work so please don't attack the original creator or something.

- Krudelu
Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 01:06:37 am by extravagant
Re: We are now LIVE! KOFM Tournament. Tune in now!
#34  February 07, 2022, 01:08:22 am
    • USA
Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 02:44:06 am by extravagant
Re: We are now LIVE! KOFM Tournament. Tune in now!
#35  February 07, 2022, 01:26:14 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Might I suggest posting the link in your latest post and not just the first post to avoid confusion?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
UMT Anniversary Tournament This Saturday!
#36  March 16, 2022, 07:21:02 am
    • USA
UMT Tournament coming up 03/15/2022

This is our anniversary celebrating our first year in this fighter based community. Wow, it's been a year already! We've had much fun and great memories doing this. Will you join us in this fun? Feel free to compete and come dance with us!

Challonge: https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/3IF3LFa3Fq#/signup/tao687rme6p
Discord: DM for invite link or reply to this thread if you're interested to join
Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 07:28:24 am by extravagant
Re: UMT Anniversary Tournament This Saturday!
#37  March 16, 2022, 08:06:41 am
    • Indonesia
UMT Tournament coming up 03/15/2022

This is our anniversary celebrating our first year in this fighter based community. Wow, it's been a year already! We've had much fun and great memories doing this. Will you join us in this fun? Feel free to compete and come dance with us!

Challonge: https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/3IF3LFa3Fq#/signup/tao687rme6p
Discord: DM for invite link or reply to this thread if you're interested to join

Wow! This is going to be very exciting! Everyone should totally join!
Re: UMT Anniversary Tournament This Saturday!
#38  March 16, 2022, 05:22:50 pm
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
def joining this tourney again now that i have the time. great opportunity for the mugen community to show their fg skills.
UMT Tournament Streams TOMORROW! 03/20/2022 3pm
#39  March 20, 2022, 02:03:15 am
    • USA
We are having an excellent UMT tonight. Great, epic matches between CvS2, OHMSBY, and To-Aru styles clashing it out.

Despite the issues we faced (people quitting), we still do what we do best: fight our best and make kickass content.
And yes, we've done that.

Not finished yet, but there will be some great hype matches in tomorrow's streaming of the tournament. Make sure to tune in tomorrow if you dont got nothing better to do :)

UMT Tournament Streams TOMORROW! 03/19/2022 3pm

Stream Link: https://youtu.be/hui4W13UWeY
Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 11:33:16 pm by extravagant
Re: UMT Tournament .. We are LIVE NOW!!
#40  March 20, 2022, 11:34:16 pm
    • USA