YesNoOk

NT Kamijou Touma! Touma resprite by Gloves of Doom, DidiGetsRekt (Read 7704 times)

Started by DidiGetsRekt, May 05, 2022, 05:02:28 pm
Share this topic:
NT Kamijou Touma! Touma resprite by Gloves of Doom, DidiGetsRekt
#1  May 05, 2022, 05:02:28 pm
  • Toaru MUGEN creator
    • France
Currently working on Misaka Mikoto (rework),  recently finished Hamazura Shiage (new character, no sprites) and Thor (new character, no sprites, the one from Toaru)
Re: NT Kamijou Touma! Touma resprite by Gloves of Doom, DidiGetsRekt
#2  May 05, 2022, 05:21:59 pm
    • Indonesia
A very good edit! I was hoping otika would update his characters or even make some new ones but I guess it's up to the fans to do it.
#3  May 07, 2022, 06:42:26 pm
What hapened with Otika?
is he okey?
also, the edit it's amacing! i like it very mucho, is there any other chars of my absolute favorite novel?
#4  May 08, 2022, 05:54:53 pm
  • Toaru MUGEN creator
    • France
What hapened with Otika?
is he okey?
also, the edit it's amacing! i like it very mucho, is there any other chars of my absolute favorite novel?

otika is currently (very slowly) making an Accelerator update (you can see it on his twitter @otika_mugen)

There are many Toaru characters actually! Kamijou Touma, Accelerator, Misaka Mikoto, Kuroko Shirai, Sogiita Gunha, Index, Kakine Teitoku, Himegami Aisa...
And we're making more! I already made Kamisato Kakeru, Mugino Shizuri, Kinuhata Saiai and Tsuchimikado Motoharu, though they're all spriteless for now...
And friends made Lola Stuart though she's unfinished yet!
Currently working on Misaka Mikoto (rework),  recently finished Hamazura Shiage (new character, no sprites) and Thor (new character, no sprites, the one from Toaru)
#5  May 09, 2022, 12:32:09 am
    • USA
Hey dude, how's it going? If you don't mind can I ask you a some questions?
1. What does the Luck System do and how does it work gameplay wise? I've always seen it and I never could figure out how it works from a spectator perspective.
2. Have thought about making a Kaori Kanzaki or that Redheaded guy that always smoking?
3. What is the meaning and reference behind the weird Power Ranger poses that Touma does in one of his intros
4. How did you implament the glass shattering and breaking affect in Mugen? I've created a character named Francisco Zappa that does similar things that Touma does and whenever I get the chance and the proper equipment to make a Mugen character, I'm planning on implanting the same glass breaking graphics and visual techniques that this Touma uses and I was just wondering how you designed those effects?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#6  May 09, 2022, 12:36:52 pm
  • Toaru MUGEN creator
    • France
Hey dude, how's it going? If you don't mind can I ask you a some questions?
1. What does the Luck System do and how does it work gameplay wise? I've always seen it and I never could figure out how it works from a spectator perspective.
2. Have thought about making a Kaori Kanzaki or that Redheaded guy that always smoking?
3. What is the meaning and reference behind the weird Power Ranger poses that Touma does in one of his intros
4. How did you implament the glass shattering and breaking affect in Mugen? I've created a character named Francisco Zappa that does similar things that Touma does and whenever I get the chance and the proper equipment to make a Mugen character, I'm planning on implanting the same glass breaking graphics and visual techniques that this Touma uses and I was just wondering how you designed those effects?

Hello! I'll answer all your questions:

1: The luck system is basically a way to unlock more moves and some effects, I'll explain in detail:
Bad Luck: The base mode, you can't do any supers/hypers
Unlucky: You can only do lvl 1 supers
Hard Luck: You can do lvl 2 and 3 supers
Hard Luck!! Blue: You can get heat mode and have the lvl 3+ super, and precognition costs less meter (on NT Touma at least)
Good Luck!!: Using heat mode when you have low hp, it unlocks the Good Luck!! OHKO move
For all of these you have to press Y to advance to the next mode, and heat mode costs 3+ meter (on Y too)

Hard Luck Red: After having cancelled enough projectiles with Imagine Breaker (or if you've been beaten up ultra badly) in a luck mode under Hard Luck!!, this mode appears, and it's basically the regular Hard Luck but you unlock a way to get Calamity mode by pressing X + Y
Calamity: Basically he gets Imagine Breaker on his whole body, so he's immune to projectiles, but now he can't block, though you have a super armor that replaces hard luck!!'s heat mode to counter that
He also has slow meter passive gain
And he unlocks the fish eggs OHKO move at low HP (Dragon Strike for the OT Touma)

2: Of course we've thought about making Kanzaki or Stiyl! Actually the next (spriteless, so I won't post him for a while) character I'll be making is Stiyl!

3: Apparently it's a meme the fandom had in japanese forums, they'd draw a stickman with some characters and make it do the "SoGeBu dance" (SoGeBu is Touma's catchphrase)
https://toarumajutsunoindex.fandom.com/wiki/Sogebu

4: I actually didn't implement the glass shattering effect, it was otika, the original creator of OT Touma! He's japanese so it'll be hard to ask him how, but you can see that he has animations with transparent glass that breaks, and it's used in an explod
But yeah I have no idea where the explod comes from, since I doubt it comes from Melty Blood

There it is! Hope that answered your questions well!!
#7  May 09, 2022, 07:08:49 pm
Wow, so amacing! does his AI use's the system and oko moves?
what abhout making any edit for the sprites?
i eard Kamisato apears in a Video game
#8  May 09, 2022, 08:49:39 pm
  • Toaru MUGEN creator
    • France
Wow, so amacing! does his AI use's the system and oko moves?
what abhout making any edit for the sprites?
i eard Kamisato apears in a Video game

Currently this Touma has no AI so he doesn't do much...

What do you mean about editing the sprites? I'm curious

Kamisato appears in the Toaru Imaginary Fest mobile game, he's a character from New Testament
#9  May 09, 2022, 09:33:10 pm
Oh, no AI?
well maybe there's a coder interested?
Yes, i know Kamisato, user of World Regecter and very interesting character, the one who sen't alot of magic gods to "another world".
Well, what abhout using sprites of another chars like some mugen char with similar hair color or style?
example: to make a Hiko Seijuro character, if you don't have his sprites, you can use some from Moriya and some from other chars, sorry if it's not so, i'm blind so i don't know exactly but i thougt it might help
#10  May 09, 2022, 10:28:21 pm
  • Toaru MUGEN creator
    • France
Oh, no AI?
well maybe there's a coder interested?
Yes, i know Kamisato, user of World Regecter and very interesting character, the one who sen't alot of magic gods to "another world".
Well, what abhout using sprites of another chars like some mugen char with similar hair color or style?
example: to make a Hiko Seijuro character, if you don't have his sprites, you can use some from Moriya and some from other chars, sorry if it's not so, i'm blind so i don't know exactly but i thougt it might help

Actually that's exactly what I did, the base for Kamisato is Nanaya Shiki with a brown haired palette, and I also used some Touma and Aoko sprites for the moves!
But they're here as placeholder, currently unedited for I don't have the time and skill required to make it
But yeah, whenever an artist completes the sprites, the character will be complete!!

Maybe someone will make an AI for NT Touma someday, who knows...?