YesNoOk

Shingo and Batsu: New and Improved (Read 13221 times)

Started by 087-B, January 28, 2021, 11:19:51 pm
Share this topic:
Shingo and Batsu: New and Improved
#1  January 28, 2021, 11:19:51 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

Heyo everyone! Bit of a mini-announcement for the upcoming 4.0.0 update -- Shingo Yabuki and Batsu Ichimonji are both undergoing a big update.

Shingo's been reworked quite a bit; yes, he's using the new sprites by Troy99 (here), but he's more than just a spriteswap of the version already present in this game. Despite using the original code and still being primarily based on Infinite's existing version, Shingo's animations and CLSNs have been entirely redone and reworked. A lot of his moves have been rebalanced, his hyper combos connect better, and his anti-air properties have been changed on contact. Overall, I'd say he's gonna play a lot better in the next release, helped by the universal gameplay changes that have been made in development so far.

Also, he's got tons of custom palettes now -- most of them made by Kouhai, and the last four made by me. The ones shown in the bottom screenshot I put together, based on Allen Snider and Charlie Nash. Just cause.

Batsu is also in re-development, though whereas Shingo 2.0 is all set, Batsu 2.0 is still in a very early, early alpha build right now and is lacking... practically everything outside of his normals. Batsu in the current release is pretty bad, in my honest opinion, and this new version will take him to a whole new level. I'm pulling various attributes and abilities from various incarnations of Batsu released throughout the MUGEN-scape to try and make an "Ultimate Batsu", and my plans for him are pretty sound I think. I'll definitely keep everyone updated on his progress as it goes on.

Until then, hope you guys are looking forward to these two receiving much needed updates come next release.
Re: Shingo and Batsu: New and Improved
#2  January 29, 2021, 01:58:54 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
alright that's awesome i'm looking forward to these two character updates alongside others as well
#3  January 30, 2022, 01:11:08 pm
  • Sh*tty characters must die.
  • AMT
    • Turkey
ohhh
#4  January 30, 2022, 01:22:49 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
I wasn't exactly to using sprite from using this what we made them. But hey, that's nice.