YesNoOk

[ZolidSone's OHMSBY Edits Thread] Shovel Knight P2 & Gunvolt Update (11/21/2023) (Read 169153 times)

Started by ZolidSone, July 28, 2022, 11:02:47 pm
Share this topic:
[ZolidSone's OHMSBY Edits Thread] Shovel Knight P2 & Gunvolt Update (11/21/2023)
#1  July 28, 2022, 11:02:47 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Latest Release: Shovel Knight P2

Direct Link for Shovel Knight P2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S_nuS9ZhO1bjURVzoToJlH6bdpbByeWA/view

Link to Google Drive for all Character Edits: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Flp85WS784HDO-Fl2WR6Va9thBmvh5L

Link to Google Drive for all Voice Patches (Check the txt on each rar to see which author are they for): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Eopvujqi5mcfXadzsc7wkNdtZRL350Fa

I decided to do a quick update to Shovel Knight P2 and Gunvolt mostly to fix the vestigial bug Foobs mentioned on OHMSBY's thread along with some other bug fixes. As for Angel Yuuki and Herashi Nezayu, I don't have anything on them right now as I've been busy with other stuff for the past few months. But they will have that bug fixed on release whenever that happens.

Change Log:
Shovel Knight P2:
-Fixed a vestigial bug on the common file that makes certain tight juggles harder or impossible to do.
-Adjusted the sparknos on certain command normals.
-Small adjustments to hit animations.
-Added a missing sound effect I forgot on his taunt.
-Fixed the treasure chest during his taunt so it won't disappear upon hit.
-Slightly nerfed the speed of his air dashes as he previously moves way too fast.
-Fixed an error where the X appears for the opponent's Burst icon on OHMSBY styled characters after getting hit by Hail the Troupple King! and using ground command normals on them right after.
-Slight aesthetic adjustments to Steel Thy Shovel.

Gunvolt:
-Fixed a vestigial bug on the common file that makes certain tight juggles harder or impossible to do.
-Adjusted the sparknos on certain command normals.
-Adjusted the tag reticles so it now properly tracks the opponent's mid.pos.
-Adjusted Astrasphere's invulnerability as he can now be hit when the effect disappears.
Spoiler: Up Next... (click to see content)

My checklist for the purpose of feedback:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Effect Specific:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 08:24:46 am by ZolidSone
Re: [ZolidSone's OHMSBY Edits Thread] Gunvolt 3.0 (7/28/2022)
#2  July 29, 2022, 12:27:20 am
    • Canada
    • nanasarpong30655@gmail.com
I am glad older bbtag chars made by other authors are being updated
#3  July 29, 2022, 01:13:26 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Your edition is very cool, do you intend to do more in the future?
#4  July 29, 2022, 12:01:08 pm
    • USA
Your edition is very cool, do you intend to do more in the future?
You already know the answer to that question if you had seen the title on this thread and the description. However, will I do ones made by OHMSBY, Ichida and Resentone directly? The answer to that is a no as those 3 still does updates to them. Since there aren't many authors who made OHMSBY styled characters, that just leaves those made by k6666orochi.

But if I consider another one by k6666orochi again, I will let you know right now it's not going to be Bowser as OHMSBY is making his own currently and I rather make my own version of Mario than update his.
#5  July 30, 2022, 01:39:42 am
    • Mexico
Excellent edit, ZolidSone
#6  July 30, 2022, 03:59:28 am
Honest question: Will there be a possibility that you might make an OHMSBY edit of Squigly by Ryutaro?
#7  July 30, 2022, 04:33:08 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 06:31:03 pm by Uzuki Shimamura
#8  August 02, 2022, 11:55:47 am
A rahter nitpicky feedback, but I want to suggest changing your author's abbreviation (ZS) to something else, as that one was already commonly used by Zero-Sennin in the past (for most of his new releases from 2015 onwards). That would help to avoid any possible confusion.
#9  August 02, 2022, 02:03:42 pm
    • USA
Since the topic is getting popular, I just to let you guys know that I won't churn out edits quickly. If I'm not doing one, then I will most likely either be helping OHMSBY, Ichida or Resentone with their characters or trying to work on one of my own. I also make the small portraits for them as well (Except OHMSBY as he knows how to do them himself). I'll announce something when I make more progress to it.

Honest question: Will there be a possibility that you might make an OHMSBY edit of Squigly by Ryutaro?
Like bass30655, this thread is mostly focusing on characters that are OHMSBY style already like what RagingRowen does with PotS. So turning characters that aren't in the style originally is completely is out of the question.

His Astrasphere ignores damage scaling that he can deal 50% (or over) damage when i'm doing combo.
https://streamable.com/6bpkfc
I will try to fix it for the next update. Bear with me that it won't be right away as I really want to give him the Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 English voices as well. There's also something else I want to add, but I'm still trying to figure out the code to add it in.

Oh by the way, your edits of Taiga and Asuna are also contenders of possible edits. I honestly don't like how they are just sprite swaps, so maybe I'll consider one of them so they can play more like their original counterparts.

A rahter nitpicky feedback, but I want to suggest changing your author's abbreviation (ZS) to something else, as that one was already commonly used by Zero-Sennin in the past (for most of his new releases from 2015 onwards). That would help to avoid any possible confusion.
I don't see the sole purpose on why this needs to be done. I only changed the name to the folder and def file so I don't conflict with k6666orochi's original in case I need to test it on my main client and can be easily renamed. Plus, his file organization is not even the same as mine as his folders start with zs with the character name uncapitalized and no spaces. I always capitalize the name of the character first and name my folder with an underscore similar to what Sennou-Room does with his characters.

So unless there's a rule that author's abbreviations have to be trademarked, I will leave it as is. I will not change it for the sake of an inactive or retired author.
#10  August 06, 2022, 06:32:37 pm
    • sites.google.com/view/mugenmultiverse
I'm anxious for testing. Love Gunvolt
To tell you the truth, I tried to make a POTS version of Gunvolt, but I ran into a lack of sprites.
Re: [ZolidSone's OHMSBY Edits Thread] Gunvolt Updated (9/12/2022)
#11  September 13, 2022, 04:53:00 am
    • USA
Gunvolt got a small update to fix a bug OHMSBY encountered on his characters and some things I missed as I just want to get it out of the way:
-Fixed an error where the Astral Heat conditions compare the Opponent's current health to the Player's Max Health rather than the Opponent's Max Health.
-Fixed 2A and 2B as they were unblockable in the air.
-Rearranged a palette and an animation that was misorganized in the respective files.
-Fixed a wrong sound clip playing on his Astral Heat Win animation.
-Readjusted Astrasphere's damage output.

If anyone noticed on the readme, I also decided to scape the idea of giving him Grand Strizer as an alternative for Luxcalibur when NOY conditions are met. So I removed all assets associated with the move. After looking at some of the footage of Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 since I don't have the game, I'm beginning to think some of his skills were removed in favor of Image Pulse. There might be a chance I may end just scraping the English dub voice as well as some voice clips for certain moves are missing in the sequel, but I'll still think about it.
#12  September 13, 2022, 12:12:38 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#13  September 13, 2022, 01:02:39 pm
    • USA
One question: Why does Gunvolt parry? Does it happen in Blade Strangers?
No, because I just wanted to add PotS style influence to them. Since both styles can already do similar mechanics, having a parry wouldn't be too much of an overkill like Ichida's Guard Reject. I'm not going to add mechanics like Power Charge as it clashes with Ultra Burst or Zero Counter would be redundant if certain characters have the ability to counter already. I still trying to add super text when the opponent is defeated with a Distortion Drive or Exceed Accel, but I still trying to figure out the code. Any characters I plan to make will have the parry due to them being lo-res Capcom fighters.

I'm anxious for testing. Love Gunvolt
To tell you the truth, I tried to make a POTS version of Gunvolt, but I ran into a lack of sprites.
Late response, but hence one of the other reasons why I influenced my version into that style. You're right about that as he doesn't have enough to be a 6 button character.

Also since I didn't post an update on my last post, I decided to scrap Taiga as OHMSBY made a version with her regular outfit and Asuna as well as a special intro against her exists with his Kirito. He usually has special intros against his own characters, so the chance is very likely. This means my next edit will most likely be another one by k6666orochi.
#14  September 13, 2022, 09:02:24 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
One question: Why does Gunvolt parry? Does it happen in Blade Strangers?
No, because I just wanted to add PotS style influence to them. Since both styles can already do similar mechanics, having a parry wouldn't be too much of an overkill like Ichida's Guard Reject. I'm not going to add mechanics like Power Charge as it clashes with Ultra Burst or Zero Counter would be redundant if certain characters have the ability to counter already. I still trying to add super text when the opponent is defeated with a Distortion Drive or Exceed Accel, but I still trying to figure out the code. Any characters I plan to make will have the parry due to them being lo-res Capcom fighters.
Sounds fair, though I think it'd fit better if Gunvolt had ether Type Lumina shielding or Akatsuki's reflector.
#15  September 13, 2022, 09:48:55 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Nice hope you tackle Blake, Weiss,or Neo cause I am sure they are in need of an update.
Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 02:42:23 am by Shadic12
#16  September 14, 2022, 06:39:13 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
To my knowledge, If I'm remembering correctly, k6666orochi has made (that you could edit):
Noel
Weiss
Blake
Neo
Mario
Luigi
Bowser (his own version that's super cool)
Shovel Knight
Kyoko
Enkidu
And Sonic is in development before they retire.
Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 04:43:27 pm by TheBlindFurry
#17  September 14, 2022, 09:55:29 pm
I always like when you give feedback, man. Nice to see you branch out into the coding side of things
Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 11:08:47 am by xp41
#18  September 15, 2022, 12:10:36 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
To my knowledge, If I'm remembering correctly, k6666orochi has made (that you could edit):
Noel
Weiss
Blake
Neo
Mario
Luigi
Bowser (his own version that's super cool)
Shovel Knight
Kyoko
And Sonic is in development before they retire.
There’s also Enkidu as well.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#19  September 16, 2022, 08:00:41 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Re: [ZolidSone's OHMSBY Edits Thread] Gunvolt Updated (10/17/2022)
#20  October 17, 2022, 10:17:21 am
    • USA
Gunvolt has been updated mostly to fix an error while I was doing feedback for OHMSBY and Ichida's characters and a few more:
-Fixed an error where jA and jAA wouldn't cause knock down.
-Readjusted the turn animation.
-Fixed the layering where he would be in front of the projectile when it makes contact on all versions of Dragonsphere.
-Fixed an error where he would tilt slightly downward when forward air dashing.
-Rearranged and removed a few sound clips.

Also, I officially decided to scrap the English dub voice for Gunvolt as he really doesn't have the voice clips I need after checking out the PC version 4 days ago.

Shovel Knight
And regarding anything about my next edit since I'm here, my next one will be him. However, this will be the last edit I'll do by k6666orochi and won't be anymore in the future as I would like to focus on my own characters and some other projects after that.

Nice hope you tackle Blake, Weiss,or Neo cause I am sure they are in need of an update.
As much as I like to, Ichida already considered one and my interest to the series has started dwindling since Volume 6. Sorry to those who looked forward to one of them.

Edit: Gunvolt has been updated again to fix the errors I mentioned on OHMSBY's thread and to fix a bug I discovered with 5BB (Flashfield).
Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 01:32:48 pm by ZolidSone