YesNoOk

Kingdom Hearts General Thread (Read 179647 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, October 15, 2013, 08:38:41 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kingdom Hearts General Thread
#181  January 24, 2020, 01:19:28 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
DLC's out or soon to be in a few hours.

Loving the remixed boss themes, tho a bit too dramatic for my tastes.  There are individual themes for some such as Data Xigbar.

Secret boss is Yozora as speculated and that there are ending routes this time.
#182  January 24, 2020, 04:18:17 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I don't particularly get why the Xbox version of the DLC was pushed back a whole month more, the base games came out at the same time, but as I ended up playing that version I guess I'm stuck avoiding spoilers for a month.  Which is fine I guess for me, I still need to finish my Critical playthrough anyways beforehand, but that still sucks.
#183  June 16, 2020, 09:07:18 pm

Next entry for KH has been revealed that is not a remaster of Union-X but a rhythm game for some reason but we had a card game at one point so hmm.

Also this has some crucial plot points for the main series.
#184  June 16, 2020, 09:15:58 pm
    • USA
The fact that the post-ReMind content is still using KH3 models (Because duh) while the rhythm game itself is doing the same old asset flipping of every game prior to KH3 minus the 2D CoM tells me that whatever actual new content will likely be cutscenes only, and not of vital importance to need to play the game to gain a full understanding, it'll probably be made available in movie format just like they did with the corresponding games in the 1.5 and 2.5 collections.

I'm guessing our first-person perspective part of the trailer in Radiant Gardens is supposed to be the unknown girl from KH3's Secret Reports that Terranort was torturing?  And hey, more Kairi content to make up for KH3's base ending is appriciated.

Speaking of ReMind, since its been months since this topic, screw the Data battles and Yozora, they can kindly burn now that I've beaten them.  Granted that "now" was months ago as well, but Jesus, it took a whole week of back-to-back restarting to beat Yozora alone, and Data Xemnas was also somewhere in that timeframe to beat.
Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 09:19:28 pm by Long John Killer
#185  October 05, 2021, 08:29:38 pm

Following the news of a certain platform fighter comes a celebration filled with announcements and events.

~Kingdom Hearts will finally be included in Switch, via online cause Square.  This includes KH3 ReMind.
~Despite Union now being offline, they have now included all the cutscenes for free to view via Theater.
~Dark Road, a spinoff involving Young Xehanort, will be concluded.
~Major announcement somewhere in 2022.  Likely the new chapter in the mainline games.
~Upcoming KH 20th anniversary merchandise including a chessboard replica from KH3 to a luggage.
#186  October 06, 2021, 02:44:59 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I find it amusing that Kingdom Hearts was quite big back in the day and then, for almost a year, it went very quiet until today.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#187  October 06, 2021, 10:33:17 pm
    • USA
Games take their time to develop.  There's only so much discussion to be had.  The main story is complete.  Things set up from KH1 are concluded in KH3 for the most part.  Going forward is likewise hard to discuss given the topic at hand is typically esoteric as Nomura is want to do.

Spoiler: KH3 + ReMind + Melody of Memories spoilers (click to see content)

There was plenty to talk about between prior games because they were steadily coming out fast enough and left freaking out of left field clues all over the place seemingly not connected to anything.  Like random bonus cutscens of Xemnas having personal time locked up in a basement talking to a suit of armor.  Or all the pre-rendered post-credit cutscenes that without context seemed to be completely unrelated.  By 2005, you could have been caught up on every feesable scrap of information there was and this would still slap you upside the head with no idea how to explain its relation to KH going forward.

So in short, it's not dead.  Just finished it intended run.  There were mysteries to solve that had actual answers.  They're answered now.  Wait some time before the next cycle.
Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 10:37:47 pm by Long John Killer
#188  April 10, 2022, 05:48:16 pm

• Final chapter of the mobile spinoff Dark Road will be added.
  • New Mobile game, likely gacha ugh, announced as "Missing Link" and is set after the events of Union X complete with customizable avatars.
  • Kingdom Hearts IV announced and showcases a new design for Sora as he finds himself starting anew in Quadratum and he faces off against a Heartless similar to Darkside.
#189  April 11, 2022, 03:19:07 am
    • Brazil
Honestly, KH4 looks so... dead. Like, where are the colors of this game? Its Kingdom Hearts, ffs.
#190  April 11, 2022, 08:00:39 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
None of the live-action based Disney worlds were ever cartoonishly colorful either. Quadratum is based on real life Tokyo with a graphical style akin to FFXV so the world's color palette is much more subdued. Even the forest area they showed is heavily hinted at to be Endor from Star Wars. Wait until they show Disney worlds based on animated movies. They already teased Hades in the end teaser so Olympus will once again show up as a world for the 100th time and that world in KHIII was one of the most colorful and beautiful worlds in the game especially in the Mt. Olympus area.
#191  April 12, 2022, 12:07:58 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
...I just want a Treasure Planet world in a Kingdom Hearts game already.

We already almost got one in Dream Drop Distance, too.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#192  April 20, 2022, 08:36:06 pm
...I just want a Treasure Planet world in a Kingdom Hearts game already.

We already almost got one in Dream Drop Distance, too.

Wish it was replaced to the Three Musketeers world, what a waste of world that is.