YesNoOk

[Nitroplus Blasterz] Mora (Custom) Updated 10/03/2020 (Read 12609 times)

Started by MoloMowChow, June 04, 2020, 05:29:06 pm
Share this topic:
[Nitroplus Blasterz] Mora (Custom) Updated 10/03/2020
New #1  June 04, 2020, 05:29:06 pm
    • molomowmugen.wixsite.com/fkgmugen
Showcase video

For M.U.G.E.N v1.1

Download Link (v1.04 Updated 10/03/2020):
http://tstorage.info/ll247gpdleof

Special Thanks to:
- KDT, for ripping the sprites and being kind enough to share it publicly.
- aokmaniac, for ripping the sounds and voice clips and being kind enough to share it publicly.
- Eiton, having made the first Nitro Blasterz characters and being a excellent example of how they can be done. I borrowed a quite a bit from their creations, such as FX and partner blitz code.
- Examu and Nitroplus for their legacy

This is a port of Mora from Nitroplus Blasterz created by Examu. The "Custom" abbreviation in her name is to represent how she is not a completely accurate 1:1 conversion from her source game. There were either creative liberties taken, or some mechanics left out due to either time constraints or inexperience. Additionally, I was unfortunately unable to get Mora's unique FX from the source game, and settled for substitutes or nothing at all.
While most of her moves and button inputs are present from NitroBlast, some have been tweaked or changed to better fit a MUGEN environment. Details of known changes are listed in spoilers further below.

In general, she's more OP than from her source game. There's probably some infinites or nasty 100% chain combos present for player's to exploit as well since I mainly tested the AI side of things outside of making sure button inputs functioned.
That being said, if you've played Mora from NitroBlast, Mora Custom should have the same inputs.

I've been meaning to try and port a character from an actual fighting game, and Nitroplus Blasterz interested me. Overrall, I think I learned a bit more about how fighting game mechanics work. It was fun, but also quite tedious and time consuming.
This character was originally made for high-res screenpacks at 720p resolution.  You may have to tweak her "localcoord" values for 640x480p resolutions depending on your setup and the size of the other characters in your roster. She functions fine on lower res otherwise.

Important Note: In order for characters like this to display properly in MUGEN 1.1, your RenderMode setting in mugen.cfg should be set to OpenGL. There's no reason it shouldn't be set to this. It is necessary for characters who use RGBa sprites, and is an overall better render method.

List of deliberate changes:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
There is likely other differences that aren't so deliberate and more due to inexperience, such as hit velocities.

Thanks for reading!
A website I use for keeping track of Mugen Content I uploaded:
https://molomowmugen.wixsite.com/fkgmugen
Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 03:43:23 am by MoloMowChow
Re: [Nitroplus Blasterz] Mora (Custom) Released 06/04/2020
#2  June 05, 2020, 05:00:16 am
Nice Work :sweetheart:
I think you can disable the bg/fg and pull the characters to the middle of the screen when Mora is performing Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.
#3  June 05, 2020, 05:22:18 am
Nice Work :sweetheart:
I think you can disable the bg/fg and pull the characters to the middle of the screen when Mora is performing Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

Thanks Eiton. It's great that you like it despite not being a 1:1 conversion. It means a lot to me.
Thanks for pointing out improvements for Ashes to Ashes.
I didn't account for possible stage zoom when coding zoom for Ashes to Ashes which resulted in the zoom being a lot higher pos y than it should be, i think anyways. It seemed fine when i tested it in non-zoom stages, but i should lower the zoom centerpoint anyways. Disabling bg/fg would be good as well. Speaking of which, i should've also made the partner blitz icon disappear during it too!

That'll be something for a future patch.
#4  June 05, 2020, 05:57:21 am
I can't find link in your website.

update
OK I found her link in video

1 bug
2P side the support char doesn't shown

2 too overpowerd

Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 06:37:24 am by beterhans
#5  June 05, 2020, 06:19:51 am
I can't find link in your website.
Ah, sorry about that. I hadn't updated my website yet. You could use the link in the topic post until then if you'd like, it'll be the same link anyways.
I'll be updating my website soon

1 bug
2P side the support char doesn't shown
Thanks for catching that. It seems only a display bug with the icon is missing, and Dragon can still be called off cooldown. I'll make a quick fix soon tho.

2 too overpowerd
Lol yeah, figured as much
Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 07:10:58 am by MoloMowChow
#6  June 06, 2020, 01:13:34 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
It's great to see that Nitroplus Blasterz is getting some love to the MUGEN scene. Great Job!

He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
New #7  October 03, 2020, 11:34:34 am
An overdue update to Mora, a couple nerfs and some minor visual tweaks
Updated Download link in starting post, as well as here:
http://tstorage.info/ll247gpdleof

v1.04 (Oct 3, 2020)
- Increased cost of Infinite Blast after initial free one (1000+ power per use)
- Applied damage dampening to Assistant damage.
- Hide Assistant Icons during final hit of "Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust"
- Lowered the height of camera zoom position during final hit "Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust"
- Disabled leftover DebugDisplay code

v1.03 (June 05, 2020)
- Fixed Dragon's Assist Icon not showing when playing on p2 side.
Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 12:10:05 pm by MoloMowChow