YesNoOk

MvC2 WAR MACHINE -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #09 (Read 13707 times)

Started by 087-B, May 12, 2020, 04:24:34 pm
Share this topic:
MvC2 WAR MACHINE -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #09
#1  May 12, 2020, 04:24:34 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

LEGACY AGE OF HEROES PRESENTS...
NOT IRON MAN...!

WAR MACHINE

Legacy Age of Heroes returns with the echo of Tony Stark's IRON MAN... James Rhodes' WAR MACHINE! Though not as fast as Iron Man, War Machine is tankier, sporting increased Life and Defense over Attack, but still having plenty of options to do damage. He also has an air dash, much like Iron Man, which increases his forward and backward mobility quite a bit. He's at his best on the ground and can make an effective juggler if used correctly!

Spoiler: Information (click to see content)

Spoiler: Move List (click to see content)

VIDEOS
SHOWCASE BY RED CHARIOT!

CREDITS
JJkoolaid & Mortos: For beta testing, supporting me, and being big helps in my MUGEN journey and constantly inspiring me to keep working!
DarkWolf13 and Walruslui: For the original MvC2 template!
Logansam: For the base War Machine!
MFG Community: For being awesome, and for feedback!
VS Style Debuts Team: For being one of my biggest inspirations!
Elecbyte: For creating MUGEN in the first place!
YOU!: Cause you took the time to read this article and download this character!
Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 07:56:41 pm by 087-B
Re: MvC2 WAR MACHINE -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #09
#2  May 12, 2020, 04:47:19 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
awesome i'll try war machine out
#3  May 12, 2020, 04:55:12 pm
    • USA
#4  May 12, 2020, 05:46:03 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
ok time for some feedback aside from needing the portrait change because it shows both the portrait and the character sprite:

the jetpack intro looks misaligned as the jetpack comes down first then war machine instead of having both coming down

if I do all plasmoid no matter which type of kick I do far it passed through the opponent causing it to hit when passing by and I can't perform it again instead it lets me always do the rapid fire move

overall great work

edit: Also iceman had the same problem with superman before the update: if he slides after landing he freezes  being unable to get hit
Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 05:50:53 pm by drewski90
#5  May 12, 2020, 06:07:15 pm
    • USA
ok time for some feedback aside from needing the portrait change because it shows both the portrait and the character sprite:

the jetpack intro looks misaligned as the jetpack comes down first then war machine instead of having both coming down

if I do all plasmoid no matter which type of kick I do far it passed through the opponent causing it to hit when passing by and I can't perform it again instead it lets me always do the rapid fire move

overall great work

edit: Also iceman had the same problem with superman before the update: if he slides after landing he freezes  being unable to get hit

1. That's Logansam's original portrait. Wanted to change it but couldn't find any good enough WM artwork. :P
2. Yeah I forgot to remove that intro. My bad.
3. Huh... I'll keep that in mind for an update. Good find.

Thanks, glad you like him. ^_^

And really? They still have that same glitch? I thought I fixed their rolls.... huh.
#6  May 12, 2020, 06:42:54 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I know I'm trying out your thanos
#7  May 12, 2020, 08:05:16 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Good work my friend!

The only thing: walk anim (and ter others) have some sprite issues on warmachine's face! They change to mvc set!
#8  May 12, 2020, 08:16:23 pm
    • USA
Good work my friend!

The only thing: walk anim (and ter others) have some sprite issues on warmachine's face! They change to mvc set!

Thanks! And that's probably Logansam's fault. I'm no sprite artist. XD
#9  June 09, 2020, 06:24:14 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Sorry for the late response, but I'm finally getting around to testing these characters out properly.
I really like this rendition of War Machine. It's refreshing that he isn't just a sprite swapped Iron Man, and that he has his own unique fighting style, even if it is still similar to Iron Man's. Well done.

I have some minor feedback, but it is 99% aesthetics based.

- The gunfire effects seem to be misaligned and/or mistimed on his SMG Y and Z specials. They may not be misaligned, but something about them looks off. The effects look just fine on the SMG X version though.

- I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that when a rocket gets shot from a rocket launcher, you don't normally see the tail end of the missile come out of the back of the rocket launcher first, and if not, you might want to fix that, otherwise game on.

- His stance animation looks cool, but he looks like he's hyperventilating. Maybe you could adjust the animation timings so that it looks more like a believable breathing pattern.

- (idea, not feedback) For his taunt, it might be cool if you had his Arc Reactor light up and flash real quick as he's flexing. Or if possible have smoke shoot out of his suits vents while he flexes. Both would be dope.

- Possibly add some hitpause when his "Shoryuken" specials connect. They look weird right now since there is no pause at all and it all happens so fast. Specials are characters signature moves, they're supposed to be over exaggerated/dramatized and not happen so fast like a standard attack would. At least in my opinion. Also, maybe instead of height variations to give the X, Y, and Z versions variety, you could try:

1) F,D,F,x:  Have him do a standard uppercut (Shoryuken) special like he does now.
2) F,D,F,y:  Have him do a short ranged shoulder charge/rush that follows into the standard uppercut as the ending
3) F,D,F,z:  Same thing as #2, but after the uppercut attack, have him hit the opponent back to the ground, or shoot them with a missile/gun, or drop a mine on them.
#10  June 09, 2020, 06:38:23 am
    • USA
Sorry for the late response, but I'm finally getting around to testing these characters out properly.
I really like this rendition of War Machine. It's refreshing that he isn't just a sprite swapped Iron Man, and that he has his own unique fighting style, even if it is still similar to Iron Man's. Well done.

I have some minor feedback, but it is 99% aesthetics based.

- The gunfire effects seem to be misaligned and/or mistimed on his SMG Y and Z specials. They may not be misaligned, but something about them looks off. The effects look just fine on the SMG X version though.

- I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that when a rocket gets shot from a rocket launcher, you don't normally see the tail end of the missile come out of the back of the rocket launcher first, and if not, you might want to fix that, otherwise game on.

- His stance animation looks cool, but he looks like he's hyperventilating. Maybe you could adjust the animation timings so that it looks more like a believable breathing pattern.

- (idea, not feedback) For his taunt, it might be cool if you had his Arc Reactor light up and flash real quick as he's flexing. Or if possible have smoke shoot out of his suits vents while he flexes. Both would be dope.

- Possibly add some hitpause when his "Shoryuken" specials connect. They look weird right now since there is no pause at all and it all happens so fast. Specials are characters signature moves, they're supposed to be over exaggerated/dramatized and not happen so fast like a standard attack would. At least in my opinion. Also, maybe instead of height variations to give the X, Y, and Z versions variety, you could try:

1) F,D,F,x:  Have him do a standard uppercut (Shoryuken) special like he does now.
2) F,D,F,y:  Have him do a short ranged shoulder charge/rush that follows into the standard uppercut as the ending
3) F,D,F,z:  Same thing as #2, but after the uppercut attack, have him hit the opponent back to the ground, or shoot them with a missile/gun, or drop a mine on them.

Damn that's some good feedback, thanks dude!

Sorry for the short response, I'm... the WORST at responding to feedback, but I hear it all loud and clear. I'll see what I can do about that. :)

I usually take every idea into account and the only reason some of them don't happen is because I can't find a way to create them. I'm still a big dumb amateur so I can only do so much, but hopefully I'll be able to tackle some of this stuff. ^_^

Thank you for your thoughts, and I hope you enjoy the rest of my project!!