YesNoOk

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Read 871920 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, September 29, 2011, 10:17:18 pm
Share this topic:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
#1  September 29, 2011, 10:17:18 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
We have a MLP thread, we can have a JoJo thread, for it is awesome. I could say "x times as awesome" or "exponentially awesome" but 0 multiplied by anything is 0. Not to mention that given the nature of this forum, it's obvious why JoJo would have more importance than most other series.

Spoilers are to be expected, so I've made use of transparent text ala TVtropes.

So, for those who don't know, Part 8, Jojolion is out, and it's set in the universe after the events of Stairway to Heaven's effects in Morioh around the exact same time as Part IV in the old universe, so this is the new Part IV. So far I think only the first 3 chapters have been translated so not much is known other than the main characters are some girl named Yasuho Hirose, her stalker Joshu Higashikata, and the main protagonist (as indicated by the star-shaped mark) has amnesia and can't remember his name, so Yasuho gives him the name Josuke. It is later revealed, once they go back to his apartment, that his real name is Yoshikage Kira and that he was supposedly into some really perverted shit.

So far it's interesting, but I wish we had more scans.
Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:21:16 pm by Jesuszilla
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
#2  September 29, 2011, 10:20:41 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Yeah, I have yet to finish Diamond is Unbreakable. Pretty much because I couldn't get into it after
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So.... would I miss anything important if I skipped it?
#3  September 29, 2011, 10:22:05 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Nope
#4  September 29, 2011, 10:22:21 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
no. no you wouldn't. it's literally all just fucking around and not accomplishing anything important.
#5  September 29, 2011, 10:22:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I only read the part with jolyne and a lot of the third arc.

Some memorable characters and some really bad shit here and then, teh snails were terrible.
#6  September 29, 2011, 10:29:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
We have a MLP thread, we can have a JoJo thread, for it is awesome. I could say "x times as awesome" or "exponentially awesome" but 0 multiplied by anything is 0. Not to mention that given the nature of this forum, it's obvious why JoJo would have more importance than most other series.

Spoilers are to be expected, so I've made use of transparent text ala TVtropes.

So, for those who don't know, Part 8, Jojolion is out, and it's set in the universe after the events of Stairway to Heaven's effects in Morioh around the exact same time as Part IV in the old universe, so this is the new Part IV. So far I think only the first 3 chapters have been translated so not much is known other than the main characters are some girl named Yasuho Hirose, her stalker Joshu Higashikata, and the main protagonist (as indicated by the star-shaped mark) has amnesia and can't remember his name, so Yasuho gives him the name Josuke. It is later revealed, once they go back to his apartment, that his real name is Yoshikage Kira and that he was supposedly into some really perverted shit.

So far it's interesting, but I wish we had more scans.

I read that differently.
It seems to happen much later, like in teh current time as an iphone is seen and the march earthquake is mentionedabout Yoshikage Kira , nigger afroamerican has not been confirmed as such, since he was recognized by clothing and not by face, it's like 50/50 on him being kira, I guess.
#7  September 29, 2011, 10:29:59 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I stopped reading Jojo after suffering through half of part 4.  Should I start reading from p5 on again?  I am worried it will be meaningless since its all retconned anyway.
#8  September 29, 2011, 10:33:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
while there are characters that pop out here and there, each jojo part should be considered its own "thing".

Being "retconned" doesnt mean it never happened, just that there are no returning characters from that point on( at least as themselves) .

I still want:
#9  September 29, 2011, 10:37:59 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
I stopped reading Jojo after suffering through half of part 4.  Should I start reading from p5 on again?  I am worried it will be meaningless since its all retconned anyway.

part 5 is pretty cool

#10  September 29, 2011, 11:21:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
once you get to part 4 there is at least one guy witha  really retarded power.
#11  September 29, 2011, 11:42:22 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
A shame that Part 4 is screwing around and stuff, since I kinda liked that stand that was basically diet cream.
Ala punching out voids out of nowhere and shit.
#12  September 29, 2011, 11:44:58 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
You forgot the most important detail in Jojolion.
FOUR BALLS.
Anyways RAW for chapter 4 is out so expect a scanlation in a week or so.

Part 4 is the weakest Jojo but it's not that bad. I mean, it's still better than your average Shounen. And it has Rohan. Rohan is bad ass.
#13  September 29, 2011, 11:51:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Part 4 is a roller coaster of quality, some parts of it are really bad, others are realy stupid and some are really good, i am still glad that i did not skip it and skipping just the bad/stupid stuff is very difficult to do anyway.
#14  September 29, 2011, 11:56:28 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I truly believe that people is too harsh with part 4, I can't blame then though. Part 4 feels even weaker because the scanlation quality is god-awful.
#15  September 30, 2011, 12:11:09 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Because they're from Chinese scans, so to give you an idea, it's "R2, do you is fucking" awful.
#16  September 30, 2011, 12:13:06 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I KNOW.

Also I don't get how they went from DORARARARARARARA to ABOJ ABOJ ABOJ ABOJ ABOJ ABOJ ABOJ ABOJ
#17  September 30, 2011, 12:17:43 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
#18  September 30, 2011, 12:25:42 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Part 5 was my favorite. Loved Bucciaratti's arc so much and the titular protagonist being a descendant of Dio's was a welcome change in terms of character design. The exaggerated Italian fashion & locales were quite nice as well,  I thought it was a really enjoyable read.

Admittedly, I skipped part 4 after a couple chapters, and I haven't read Stone Ocean or Steel Ball Run. Are they worth checking out or should I just focus on Part 8 now?
#19  September 30, 2011, 12:33:19 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
stone ocean is good, the ending is weird, but you know that already, since its when the "retcon" happens.
Jolyne might be one of the most interesting jojo characters.
#20  September 30, 2011, 12:50:01 am
    • Puerto Rico
Steel Ball run is pretty good not the best it whole plot was just racing to win a million dollars and later on the main characters Johhny and Gyro fight the president who wants sumthin called the corpse parts which gives people stand powers and makes them even stornger