YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4718261 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Pistrix Released (01/30/22)
#841  February 02, 2022, 03:42:05 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

It seems that I found a bug when certain distortion drives are blocked and chip kills on the first hit. Either the finish animation background (7006) are delayed, don't play at all or certain effects continues playing and not freeze for a second. Here are the ones that do:
Yang:
-The finish animation on Unrelenting Fire doesn't play on chip kill and the opponent falls down before the 8th hit connects.

Ruby:
-The finish animation on Pedal Burst is delayed as the sound is heard first but the animation itself plays on the 6th hit.

Mika:
-The finish animation on Mika Revolution is delayed as the sound is heard first but the animation itself plays after the last hit (The sound and animation also doesn't play until the last hit when whiffed).

Ragna:
-Devoured by Darkness can chip kill and will continue the do the the rest of the animation despite not grabbing the opponent.
-The guard spark when Black Onslaught is blocked could be slightly higher as it's on the floor than in the middle.

Mai:
-The finish animation on Sylvan Hurricane Assault is delayed as the sound is heard first but the animation itself plays on the 2nd hit (The NOY sound effect plays multiple times during the first hit).

Gordeau:
-The finish animation on Mortal Slide: Divest is delayed as the sound is heard first, plays again on certain hits but the animation itself plays until the very last one.

Azrael:
-Full Spartan can chip kill but doesn't have the finish animation (I don't think this is intentional as certain characters don't).

Terumi:
-Serpent's Cursed Sting can chip kill and will continue the do the the rest of the animation despite not grabbing the opponent (The NOY sound effect plays multiple times when he has more than 1 bar of meter and effects are completely misaligned).
-The finish animation on Dungeon of Serpents is delayed as the sound is heard first but the animation itself plays a second later.

Wagner:
-The finish animation on Hitze Falke is delayed as the sound is heard first but the animation itself plays on the 2nd hit.

Kuroko:
-Steel Phalanx can't chip kill the opponent on the first hit.

Yu:
-The finish animation on Cross Slash is delayed as the sound is heard first but the animation itself plays on the 2nd hit.

Yumi:
-The projectile on Secret Ninja Art: Black Ice continues hitting the opponent after it chip kills them.

Adachi:
-Atom Smasher can't chip kill the opponent on the first hit (I don't think this one grabs the opponent before the rest of the hits as it's just a bunch of slashes).
-The finish animation on Demonic Cross Slash is delayed the as animation itself plays on the 2nd hit.

Quote:
-The finish animation on Super Missile Launcher is delayed as the sound is heard first but the animation itself plays before he starts firing the rockets.

Akatsuki:
-The finish animation on Kamikaze is delayed as the sound is heard first but the animation itself plays on the 23th hit and the rest of the hits don't connect.

Saya:
-The flesh explosion effect on Feast of Flesh effect continues playing during the finish animation.
-The finish animation on Aberrant Mighty Arm is delayed as it doesn't play until the 16th hit.

Iori:
-The finish animation on Kin 1221: Shiki Yatome plays when chip killed, but plays a second time on the 8th hit and and the opponent falls down before the last hit when the viginette effect plays.

Faust:
-The explosion effect on This One Is On The House! continues playing during the finish animation.

Shantae:
-The finish animation on both of her distortion drives is delayed as animation itself plays when it start hitting them on the 2nd hit.

Nanase:
-The finish animation on Atmosphere of the Aether is delayed as the animation itself plays a few seconds later and the opponent falls down before the last hit when the viginette effect plays.

Yukiko:
-Konohana Sakuya continues moving after Agidyne and Maragidyne chip kills the opponent, leaving the rest of the hits to not connect.

Jin:
-Hiyoku Getsumei can't chip kill and the hitspark and guard spark when used in the air is misaligned (Now I think about it, I feel like it's better that it doesn't as it puts them in a custom state when it hits successfully).

Thief:
-Sniping Tempest can chip kill and will continue the do the animation despite not grabbing the opponent (As the opponent falls down during the middle of it, she can't grab them and causes her to get stuck off-screen).
-Catch and Barrage chip kills upon grab and tThe finish animation is delayed as the animation itself plays right before she start throwing the barrage of kunais.

Mitsuru:
-The first 3 hits of Myriad Arrows can chip kill, but the opponent falls down before the last kick connects.

Meta Knight:
-The finish animation on Upper Calibur is delayed as the animation itself plays when starts his barrage of slashes and the last hit completely goes through the opponent, causing them to get stuck in the air and forced to wait until the round ends.

Carmine:
-The projectiles on HAHAHAHA! BE DEVOURED! can't be blocked if it's hits from a distance.
-The finish animation on NO ESCAPE! is delayed as the sound is heard first but the animation itself plays after they escape.

Homura:
-Charge! doesn't have the finish animation and doesn't do the rest of the hits as the opponent falls down before she does any of them.

Piranha Plant:
-The finish animation on Rapid Chomp is delayed as the animation itself plays when starts chomping on them.

Shana:
-The finish animation on Guren no Souyoku is delayed as it doesn't play until the 4th hit.

Like the astral heat chip kill upon block, these also can cause issues of them not working like they're supposed to. Figured the ones that grab the opponent and do a certain amount of hits first like Susano'o's Bloodsplitter, Hilda's Impalement, Taiga's Taiga Rampage, both of Charlotte's distortion drives and Kohaku's Chinese Kohaku Cuffing can't chip kill (Basically those that put the opponent into custom states). Since most of the characters now need to be updated to fix this bug, might as well update the readmes to mention Ultra Dead Angle and Not Over Yet as those before Homura were not listed previously. I'll add this on my checklist and it's good that you haven't considered the template yet. Otherwise, every character others made using it would have shared that bug.

Also, I forgot to mention that the Burst icons are not hidden during the finish animation on 1.0 and need to relayered. It may be hidden during 1.1, but the red Xs are still present during your videos back when you showed the previews with Kohaku and Pistrix. I didn't think of it as it big deal and didn't mention it back then, but might as well since changes to them are needed.

Edit: There's another thing. If a character is defeated while they are in Ultra Burst state, the Burst icon fully disappears and no longer show up (Not like the icon where it's inactive, but not appearing at all) until the next round. Just a minor issue since it will show back in the next round anyway, but thought I mention it. At least Tager finally got something worth updating since I haven't found anything on him until now.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 01:15:52 pm by ZolidSone
#842  February 02, 2022, 09:58:49 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Pardon me for posting here instead of my own thread, but after checking the codes of those icons from your characters, I've found these:

Code:
[State -2]
type = RemoveExplod
trigger1 = numhelper(9000)
trigger1 = helper(9000),var(3) < 1
trigger2 = MatchOver
trigger2 = lose
ID = 9875

[State -2]
type = RemoveExplod
triggerall = var(50) = 1
trigger1 = stateno = 750 || 2950
trigger2 = MatchOver
trigger2 = lose
ID = 9876

[State -2]
type = RemoveExplod
triggerall = fvar(19) > 0
triggerall = var(50) = 0
trigger1 = roundstate <= 1
trigger2 = stateno = 2952
trigger3 = MatchOver
trigger3 = lose
ID = 9877

[State -2]
type = RemoveExplod
trigger1 = fvar(19) <= 0
trigger2 = MatchOver
trigger2 = lose
ID = 9878

[State -2]
type = RemoveExplod
trigger1 = fvar(19) <= 0
ID = 9879
ignorehitpause = 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that these are the codes that remove the icons if the character loses a match. With that being said, I assume that this was an intentional touch from you. Gameplay mechanics and aesthetics adjustments is not a big deal for me to do on my characters, but I guess here's something I need your confirmation before making changes to such general stuff like this.

Edit: Another factor that makes me think It was an intentional is that if the character get hit by Astral Heat, the Ultra Burst didn't disappear or deplete immidiately. It still continues to consume and depletes until reaching its limitation (And yes, I noticed this in Training Mode.) In order to make it stop, I think there would be a code for it in the first place. But we have a bunch of RemoveExplods instead. So up to this point, they are pretty much a solution for it.
Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 10:07:31 am by Ichida
#843  February 03, 2022, 06:21:08 am
    • USA
Just a curious question. Do you have any plans on doing more melty blood type lumina characters in the near future?
#844  February 03, 2022, 10:37:08 am
  • uhee~
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: All characters quick update (02/05/22)
#845  February 06, 2022, 05:20:46 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Everyone has been updated. This includes changes to some of the 5A auto combo finishers, relayering of the vignettes, fixes to the Distortion Dive chip kills, Fixes to certain Force Breaks gaining some meter, and other various aesthetic bug fixes. You can download everyone simultaneously from the Google drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zytFiEf6PHGmB_MIfDNM_0coTV54sVpb?usp=sharing

Hey OHMSBY, this is a hypothetical question, if you ever do Bayonetta, which version would you do, since Smash Bros has two models available. Would it be the Black outfit, Beehive hairdo from Bayonetta 1 or would it be the blue outfit, short haired, seductive teacher look from Bayonetta 2?

Definitely Bayonetta 2.

Just a curious question. Do you have any plans on doing more melty blood type lumina characters in the near future?

Of course.

#846  February 06, 2022, 06:59:08 am
    • Vietnam
So here's something I've found on Yu from the very lastest version:
-Force roman cancelling Air Ziodyne costed him 1000 meter instead of 500. Yu also blinked white and shared the palfx with Izanagi.
-Izanagi should also disappear right after roman cancelling, just like Magatsu Izanagi in Adachi's Atom Smasher.
#847  February 06, 2022, 07:46:34 am
    • USA
#848  February 06, 2022, 08:19:54 am
    • Vietnam
Nah. I prefer to keep that combo route for Yu.
Ah, I understand. Feel free to keep it that way if you want to.

Also, here's a few more things on Pistrix that I forgot to mention in the previous post:
-If distortion drives are supposed to chip kill the opponent on the first hit, then I think it should be same with the first tentacle in her Triple Octopus Wave but not the third one.
-I did a small adjustment to her small portrait because the color of her eyes was a little bit off. It's hard to tell from her original palette but if you switch to Cheap Cheap one, you'll notice that the red areas around her eyes make no sense.

Here's the original one:

Here it is after the adjustment:

If you find it better, feel free to use this in your Pistrix's upcoming update.

#849  February 06, 2022, 11:23:46 am
    • USA

Alright, I finally checked everyone's distortion drives and all of them are good with the exception of Kuroko. It seems that causing her Steel Phalanx to chip kill the opponent on the first hit causes the finish animation background to be delayed as it appears before the final hit when she appears right behind the opponent. Guess making it not chip kill will prevent that like the other characters.

So while you were working hard on the updates, I was playing some BBTAG and found out that that specials and distortion drives do not chip kill. I don't like the idea of that change and felt like it was done by the developers intentionally to pander to the casual audience. Plus if you were to do that, it would cause a huge disadvantage against characters from other source games that can. So you're better off making them do but on certain exceptions where the finish animation background not working correctly or preventing bugs that Ragna, Terumi, Thief and Meta Knight originally had due to the opponent being on custom states.

I also found out that all command normals don't deal chip damage either. But I still prefer that specials used that way still deals them and Yu's 5AAAA can still chip kill since a projectile was thrown. Every fighting game I play that involves projectiles always does and it being a command normal is no exception to that.

And with that after 3 years of long feedback, this should cover everything of your style. Here is the finalized checklist I created:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Effect Specific:
Feedback on future characters will be much smoother from here on out. Since you updated everyone, I no longer need to update that old post anymore. Any updates to them again is probably just adding intros with later characters and optional stuff.

Edit: Change to the checklist due to an error when giving feedback for others.
Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 11:32:27 am by ZolidSone
#850  February 06, 2022, 12:24:58 pm
    • Vietnam
And with that after 3 years of long feedback, this should cover everything of your style. Here is the finalized checklist I created:
Excellent. This list alone can describe 90% of how his gameplay mechanics work. This would be really helpful for testers and authors who have been following him for a long time.
#851  February 06, 2022, 01:18:17 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Hey OHMSBY (dunno if the all caps is a preference or not), hope you're doing okay!

Weird statement because I didn't know who you had planned to work on after Pyra (I would like to request a Pneuma colour pleeeeease-) but I was planning on trying to replicate your gameplay style on Zex Siegfried (from Million Arthur). Just wanted to say that if he was in the pipeline then I apologise and not to drop him if you are because my version will probably end up terrible. Planning on using Yang as a template. :D

(PS: How did you get the voices for Bisclavret and Thief Arthur? Can't find sound rips anywhere.)

Thanks, Wolfy
Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 05:39:48 pm by Wolfy120
#852  February 06, 2022, 09:02:02 pm
    • USA
Alright, I finally checked everyone's distortion drives and all of them are good with the exception of Kuroko. It seems that causing her Steel Phalanx to chip kill the opponent on the first hit causes the finish animation background to be delayed as it appears before the final hit when she appears right behind the opponent.

-If distortion drives are supposed to chip kill the opponent on the first hit, then I think it should be same with the first tentacle in her Triple Octopus Wave but not the third one.
-I did a small adjustment to her small portrait because the color of her eyes was a little bit off. It's hard to tell from her original palette but if you switch to Cheap Cheap one, you'll notice that the red areas around her eyes make no sense.

All fixed.

So while you were working hard on the updates, I was playing some BBTAG and found out that that specials and distortion drives do not chip kill. I don't like the idea of that change and felt like it was done by the developers intentionally to pander to the casual audience. Plus if you were to do that, it would cause a huge disadvantage against characters from other source games that can. So you're better off making them do but on certain exceptions where the finish animation background not working correctly or preventing bugs that Ragna, Terumi, Thief and Meta Knight originally had due to the opponent being on custom states.

I also found out that all command normals don't deal chip damage either. But I still prefer that specials used that way still deals them and Yu's 5AAAA can still chip kill since a projectile was thrown. Every fighting game I play that involves projectiles always does and it being a command normal is no exception to that.

Agreed. After all, this gameplay style was never really meant to be 1 to 1 with cross tag, especially since it always had forward walking while Cross Tag only had a forward run (with some exceptions for certain characters).

Once again, thanks for this. I'll be keeping all this in it's own text file that I can easily access while working on my projects.

(PS: How did you get the voices for Bisclavret and Thief Arthur? Can't find sound rips anywhere.)

I ripped them myself.
#853  February 08, 2022, 07:19:30 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, since you have created over 53 characters( 54 with the upcoming Pyra) coming from different games and playstyles, how do you come up with the combos for the characters? Do you research combo trials of these guys and then implement them in to the development process? Or is there a specific pattern that you follow when designing them that be applied to any characters you make?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 01:41:31 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#854  February 10, 2022, 11:45:58 am
    • USA

I decided to take a short break after testing for a couple of days. After coming back to check the characters again, I realized there are still some special attribute flags forgotten (Mostly on those who haven't been updated for a few months) and a few recent minor errors that you and I missed:

Ragna:
-The first hit of Hell's Fang and Gauntlet Hades without follow ups (V instead of S).
-The sliding dust on his 66A and 66B needs to be slightly larger.
-I still feel like the Nightmare Edge Land could use a little envshake (It uses the same sound when he slams his blade like his 2C).

Mai:
-Suzuran and Suzuran: Dipper (V instead of S).
-Himeyuri, Himeyuri: Dipper and EX Himeyuri (V instead of S).
-Shearing Cherry Blossom Storm (V instead of S. I actually forgot to mention this previously, but it's also possible to KO the opponent in the middle of the hits and fall down before the last hit connects)

Wagner:
-Der Kinnhaken and EX Der Kinnhaken (V instead of S).

Taiga:
-You're So Annoying is still the V attribute flag despite being a force break.

Robo Weiss:
-The swish effect on all her A command normals, 66A and 2B continues playing after rapid canceling.
-The swish effect on 2C follows her after rapid canceling.

I forgot that the swish effects k6666orochi made that didn't have problems with the alignment still have issues with the rapid canceling. But the ones you aligned are fine.

Kirby:
-Smash Kick (V instead of S)

Since it's just a small change, you probably can just skip him as I don't have any other copy ability ideas as most anime fighters are covered until MBTL and Skullgirls: 2nd Encore announce their last DLC characters.

Nanase:
-Aureole of the Starry Sky (V instead of S and it also doesn't deal any chip damage)
-Conveying My Vrai Couer and EX Vrai Couer (V instead of S)

Lambda-11:
-Act Paraser Tri, Tri: Spada, Tri: Blade & Tri: Cavalier (V instead of S. Back then, I thought these were just reused attacks from command normals. Now I realize some of these can chip kill or is unblockable when used, so it warrants them using the S icon).

Homura:
-The viginette effect on both her distortion drives are still not relayered correctly (The effects and the characters are still in front of it).

Kohaku:
-The shield effect on her Shield Counter continues playing and follows her after touching the ground.

All viginettes are properly relayered except for one. I was too focused on the distortion drives part a few days ago and didn't bother checking on the other stuff that was pushed to later.

Agreed. After all, this gameplay style was never really meant to be 1 to 1 with cross tag, especially since it always had forward walking while Cross Tag only had a forward run (with some exceptions for certain characters).
Yeah, I didn't like that either. There's always a chance you might accidentally run into the opponent's command normals by mistake and could cost you the match. Another reason is so that Arc System Works could be cheap not having to make forward walking sprites for the RWBY characters, Heart and Yumi.

Once again, thanks for this. I'll be keeping all this in it's own text file that I can easily access while working on my projects.
No problem. It's a good thing I decided to focus on one section at a time. I don't think my sanity or yours could handle it if I had pushed everything. More stuff would tend to be forgotten and would waste more time testing each one over and over again on each character. Best to prioritize a part first, then move to the next when you know for certain it's fixed.
Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 12:57:25 pm by ZolidSone
#855  February 13, 2022, 01:55:19 am
    • USA
#856  February 13, 2022, 04:36:26 am
Honest question, have you considered making characters from the game Newgrounds Rumble?
#857  February 13, 2022, 05:19:00 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Everyone has been updated. This includes changes to some of the 5A auto combo finishers, relayering of the vignettes, fixes to the Distortion Dive chip kills, Fixes to certain Force Breaks gaining some meter, and other various aesthetic bug fixes.

Ah, cool updates, OHMSBY. Which characters had their auto combo finishers changed?
#858  February 16, 2022, 01:56:02 pm
    • USA

So Resentone has recently reminded me of an error on Kohaku and Piranha Plant that I completely missed on them. As their size were changed previously, the aura when using Ultra Burst is still not. I'll show you mostly Piranha Plant's:

Piranha Plant is 0.1 too short while Carmine is just right as his was never changed. Kohaku's aura is slightly short as her size was originally 0.3 I think.

Now I have something else to report on Kohaku aside from the shield effect on her Shield Counter continues playing and follows her after touching the ground. This is something I probably won't need to put on the checklist since x and y scale on the characters aren't tampered with. But if I plan to make lo-res characters that mostly have an x and y scale of 1, I probably might need to know where is that in the code.

Edit: Since Kohaku will get another update, I got another small feedback on her aside from the other two things I mentioned:
-The hitsparks and guard sparks of 2A and jC are slightly misaligned.
-The Item on her taunt doesn't follow her if the opponent is running straight at her (Not sure if hitting her would also make them follow her too, so you can ignore if it does).
-She could have special intros with Ichida's Akiha and Resentone's Shiki added.

Luckily, her size change is not a huge difference compared to Piranha Plant as her swish effects are still within vicinity.
Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 11:50:18 pm by ZolidSone
#859  February 17, 2022, 12:14:36 am
OHMSBY, you ever thought of doing a Hokuto no Ken or a Sengoku Basara X character? Because they have hi-res sprites that would fit with the rest of your characters.

Sadly i probably won't be able to play Pyra because my pc is too weak :( but i will look foward for your next releases.
#860  February 17, 2022, 12:50:38 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
OHMSBY, you ever thought of doing a Hokuto no Ken or a Sengoku Basara X character?

This was already explained back last year that they probably won't make chars from these games cause they haven't played any of them.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca