YesNoOk

One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows (Read 48012 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, June 25, 2019, 08:55:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows
#21  August 20, 2019, 04:12:16 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Fighting survival game?
Don't know how I feel about that ... if it's a big part or not depends on if I purchase it or not.
Either way, it does make sense that Saitama destroy them with one punch, but still ...
Sort of reminds me of what I did not like with the One Piece: Burning Blood game.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#22  August 20, 2019, 04:39:35 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Oh man I find this to be perfect, since it's not just about Saitama it brings in everybody involved to stall for him to get there. Of course you can play it like a normal arena fighter and pick anybody but Saitama which is nice since they have the gimmick. Hopefully things will get more better as time goes by.
#23  August 20, 2019, 06:36:32 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
“Try to survive until Saitama shows up” is an astoundingly perfect encapsulation of every other character in OPM.  That is legit brilliant.
#24  August 20, 2019, 07:08:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
This may be the first Arena Fighter I actually get. I'm loving what I'm seeing!
#25  August 20, 2019, 08:36:14 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Since this game is gonna take a traditional Fighting/Arena Game approach, there's only one thing I'm really pondering about.

Saitama mirror match; Could this ever be a actual viable feature? In a way that wouldn't end up breaking the character nor the game's intended design, I mean.

...Thinking about that, they will most likely leave this concept out. :T
#26  August 20, 2019, 09:56:16 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Well, that mechanic was certainly worth it to see, a very interesting spin on things. I wonder if you can play as the villian in a mode and try to defeat the heroes before he arrives? Happy they got Tatsu in too.
#27  September 14, 2019, 04:04:53 am
    • USA
In Saitama mirror matches he just plays like a regular character against himself.  He has no gethit or knockdown animations, and whichever one loses doesn't get KO'd, he just gets bored and leaves.

I am genuinely impressed with how well they're working Saitama into a video game.  Just completely embracing his utter broken-ness and designing the game around one character in particular being completely OP instead of trying to nerf him into oblivion for balance's sake..
#28  October 07, 2019, 11:48:14 pm
    • USA
Bump for news:

Character creator mode.  There’s a story mode where you play as someone who was saved by Saitama and got inspired to become a hero too.

:EDIT:  Tank Topper Army and Metal Bat confirmed.

Not sure if Tank Topper is a set three-man team or if Master, Black Hole, and Tiger are all independently selectable.
Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 01:02:12 am by Person Man
#29  November 15, 2019, 10:03:24 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
A Balanced Saitama ?
#30  November 15, 2019, 11:12:51 pm
    • USA
Oh wow, it's getting an English dub.  They don't usually do that for this type of anime game.
#31  February 26, 2020, 02:59:14 am
    • USA
Bump for release this week:

News kinda dried up on this one, but it looks like they ran through all the super obvious characters and then started filling out the roster with a bunch of oddball picks like Spring Mustachio, Sneck, and Crablante.  Suiryu, Lightning Max, Watchdog Man, and Garou are all slated for DLC.