YesNoOk

Boss Omega Rugal XV - 28 May 2022 (Read 51596 times)

Started by BoyBoyz, May 14, 2022, 06:04:16 am
Share this topic:
Boss Omega Rugal XV - 28 May 2022
#1  May 14, 2022, 06:04:16 am
Used fxm08's Rugal as a base to add / amend all Boss Omega Rugal XV's moves. All moves from older Rugals (other than KOFXV's) are generally untouched.
No dizzy meter or guardcrush. Variables of original author too many to comb through (deleted most variables for other Rugal versions, hopefully no bugs), and max mode may not be perfect.
Used 2D Rugal as he has all the old moves combined into 1 (except the screwdriver move sadly :(, which I have no time to import), and XV Rugal sprites are too hard to rip.
Did not modify AI too much so the AI may still be using old moves like Kaiser Wave & Beads Destruction.

Movelist in folder. Enjoy the power of GENOCIDE CUTTER!

All updates as at 24 May 2022:

1. AI uses more of the new moves.
2. For his double axe kick, you can now perform by pressing Back + a as well as Forward + a.
3. Fixed a bug where during Menacing Walk (DFDF+c), after being hit once, he could not be hit again. Note that moves that will put rugal into custom states, will not land.
4. Removed all of the author's variables that might have caused weird extra damages to occur to Rugal in Rugal AI matches as well as Rugal vs Rugal matchups.
5. Bugfixes.

25 May 2022:
1. Increased Menacing Walk's success ending time, decreased p2's air velocity so you cannot follow-up to hit after Menacing Walk (success) ends
2. Increased all genocide cutter's invincibility and hit frames slightly
3. Increased all Level 1-2 supers' invincibility frames slightly to be more like XV Boss version
4. Fixed light Vanishing Rush being able to prematurely cancel into other moves if it did not hit

28 May 2022:
1. Fixed Menacing Walk ending prematurely during mirror matchup enemy Rugal's Strong Vanishing Rush.
2. Enlarged eye laser super's hitbox and adjusted timings and velocities slightly, to increase chance of hitting the falling enemy.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5yeninlldvctmrd/Rugal+XV_14+May+2022.zip/file
Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 04:30:32 am by BoyBoyz
Re: Boss Omega Rugal XV - 14 May 2022
#2  May 14, 2022, 06:52:16 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
So, are you going to update it with new AI?
#3  May 14, 2022, 06:56:59 pm
Wow, interesthing char :)
#4  May 14, 2022, 07:41:54 pm
#5  May 14, 2022, 07:45:36 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6  May 15, 2022, 05:32:37 am
Hey, have you seen these sprites? https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/my-sprites-edits-and-animations-187588.100.html
They could be of use for the Ray attacks.

Yea saw them but dont think gona add for now (other than fixing bugs and AI) unless they are like, ultra-epic or even better, the original rip from KOFXV itself (which is quite hard to rip tbh...)!

That said, I did fix some of the AI to minimise the stupid jumping bug in the corner, where Rugal would just keep jumping and get stuck in a loop allowing you to defeat him easily. He also uses more new moves but is still quite useless against long range poke gods like Otoma=Raga.
Re: Boss Omega Rugal XV - 24 May 2022
#7  May 24, 2022, 06:58:04 am
Updated 3 things on 24 May 2022:

1. For his double axe kick, you can now perform by pressing Back + a as well as Forward + a.
2. Fixed a bug where during Menacing Walk (DFDF+c), after being hit once, he could not be hit again. Note that moves that will put rugal into custom states, will not land still.
3. Removed one of the author's variables that might have caused weird damages to occuer to Rugal in Rugal AI matches as well as Rugal vs Rugal matchups.
Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 10:45:21 am by BoyBoyz
#8  May 25, 2022, 09:02:47 am
  • Some Party
    • USA
Awesome character! Thank you!
#9  May 25, 2022, 01:14:21 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Rugal's climax with official dlc boss stage background seems kinda 'not to the point' to me. As the stage could be anything. I must suggest you to watch this. 
Also aggreed with rr bout adding those ray sprites. Now it's up to you.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#10  May 25, 2022, 04:51:22 pm
Watched, it was the inspiration for me to start making this Rugal edit, because that video creator didn't release it yet xD. I think the Climax is not as accurate to source animation flow. I could use this laser sprites though, they are cooler than the current one!

Made more fixes as of 25 May 2022 thanks to some feedback:
1. Increased Menacing Walk's success ending time, decreased p2's air velocity so you cannot follow-up to hit after Menacing Walk (success) ends
2. Increased all genocide cutter's invincibility and hit frames slightly
3. Increased all Level 1-2 supers' invincibility frames slightly to be more like XV Boss version
4. Fixed light Vanishing Rush being able to prematurely cancel into other moves if it did not hit
Re: Boss Omega Rugal XV - 25 May 2022
#11  May 25, 2022, 05:19:33 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
I think the Climax is not as accurate to source animation flow.
actually, I meant you can leave the whole source like animation idea behind. coz it's related wit a particular stage that should not be. Even black screen with some kof2k2 climax effect would be better. However, if you don't want. that's completely ok.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
Re: Boss Omega Rugal XV - 28 May 2022
#12  May 30, 2022, 12:58:15 pm
    • Turkey
Rugal's grab based moves makes SOR 2 bonus game chars disappear.
#13  June 01, 2022, 04:23:15 pm
Rugal's grab based moves makes SOR 2 bonus game chars disappear.

This is usually not a fault of the character I think; it is most often the fault (likely unintentional) of the grabbed character for not having the required get-hit sprite.
#14  June 02, 2022, 12:44:10 pm
    • Turkey
But i don't experience this bug on other chars.
#15  June 02, 2022, 06:04:41 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Yes. That means it's a problem with that one char. Not Rugal.