YesNoOk

MVC2 Goeniko (Read 6524 times)

Started by JJkoolaid, March 18, 2023, 01:27:26 pm
Share this topic:
MVC2 Goeniko
#1  March 18, 2023, 01:27:26 pm
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
The first time ever a MVC style Goeniko! I always wanted Goeniko or Schlussel whatever they called her. She became real popular in the mugen community. I wanted to build a good Safe for work Goeniko with an awesome MVC2 gameplay. Many moves were modified to make her not feel overpowered like other Goeniko edits. I didn't add in the most aggressive hypers like Goenitz cause I wanted to keep Goeniko more passive in this version. Even with that Goeniko is an overall balance character with zoning potential and great combos.

Download link here that also includes other JJkoolaid characters with updated patch versions at One Drive.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZOw0hipnFTakZiYXCaE1COkdM?e=EdPMCM
Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
Re: MVC2 Goeniko
#2  March 18, 2023, 03:14:14 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Good version of Goeniko, thanks for release!
Re: MVC2 Goeniko
#3  March 18, 2023, 06:46:06 pm
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
  • Backdash is fully invincible while forward dash isn't, not sure if this was intentional but I would probably look into it.
  • Yonokaze feels way too weak for the kind of special it is. It only does one hit, 60 damage, and a soft knockdown... I would probably look at Mega Man's Tornado Hold in the actual MvC2 to see how a special like this could be properly done
  • Wanhyo Tobokuse feels way too long and I would probably shorten the amount of hits on the lighter versions
  • I feel like she could use some better tools for the air. Maybe back/forward air dashes and an air version of Hyouga? I also feel like C hyouga could function like decapre's command jump where you can do your normals in it
    • Her best tool in the air is Murder Wind, her dashing super, and not only does it require meter but sometimes you aren't always able to combo into it due to attack angles
  • Why are heavy normals so limited in what they can cancel into? Marvel isn't really like kof where you don't really convert if you're spaced too far, you should be able to do anything from a basic chain
    • And speaking of poor comboability, Wind trap is supposed to be a comboing move but I can't combo anything into it to extend my combo. Was this to prevent infinites? I'm sure there was a better way to approach it, maybe talk to more people about it
  • A lot of her normals are really unsafe on hit. cr.Y is -9, st.Y is -6, st.A is -2. Her safest moves seem to be the rapid-fire lights (jab, cr.jab, cr.A, stuff like that) at around +5/+6 and for some reason st.Z at +4? Making st.Z so dependent on links is weird in a game where people are mostly relying on cancels for everything
  • Yamidoukoku uses a default hitsound for the grab for some reason. It also just doesn't have a lot of sounds making it really awkward

I really like it when you do characters that aren't from marvel/capcom/netherrealm in your style because I think it's always good to do something new, even if you don't really understand it. I still feel like you should do more research with the games you base your stuff on because there are still things that don't feel right, not just with the moves themselves but also with pacing and other minor things you look over. I don't know how much my feedback helped with some of your other creations but I still hope it helps you in the long run, and I want to see you improve because not a lot of "newer" standalone authors really experiment with mvc outside of weird kids and other people who don't really play fighting games.