YesNoOk

Street Fighter 6 (PS4/PS5/Xbox Series X|S/PC) (Now Released!) (Read 1412577 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 21, 2022, 06:39:43 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter 6
#21  February 21, 2022, 02:29:54 pm
    • Netherlands
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#22  February 21, 2022, 03:17:42 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Man, this reveal is sick!.. Where does the character needs to go for it?
#23  February 21, 2022, 04:09:26 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
You know, I'm not the guy to go in and shit all over the place, but if the guys dared to redesign Ryu of all characters, and literally steal one of his copycat's designs for that, then I've got a bad feeling about this one...

And, I mean, you can't really shrug it off as his Battle Costume, Ryu did not have binding and sandals, but instead has Adon-like cloth on his hand. These mere details create a BIG difference.
Luke looks fine though, legitimately better than any of his SFV Costumes, IMHO.
Edit: changed an example image, the original one was his stance GIF from "Karnov's Revenge".

Fighters History did not invent shirtless Japanese guys wearing fundoshis. It's an archetypical look for 80's action anime protagonists. Momotaro predated them since the 80's and almost every guy in Sakikage wears the look. It's literally their uniform.

#24  February 21, 2022, 05:43:38 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Like we don't get many SF as it is now.

My thoughts, honestly. So much to revitalize the SF series ever since SFIV, and yet so much other interesting fighting IPs either get passed through, or get cancelled for an arbitrary reason (Darkstalkers...)

I don't wanna sound like a silly fanboy anymore but, alright just once more...
SNK is right here again folks, you guys literally have everything to make a successful new CvS...! :pwn:

And btw, yeah,
if this game doesn't tell what happens after SF3, and characters like Ibuki or Yun become forever teenagers, then there's no point in making a new story at all.
#25  February 21, 2022, 05:46:58 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#26  February 21, 2022, 06:30:00 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Hype.
But this Luke joker face is a bit too much for me...
And this old Ryu looks somewhat made of fat + muscle... Not really the kind of Ryu I like.

Let's see the next informations in Summer... ^^
#27  February 21, 2022, 06:32:25 pm
    • USA
I'm... I'm... okay with this. Getting Darkstalkers & Friends Day 1, though. But... could this finally be after TS? So we can see characters like the Dolls, Sean, etc. become responsible adults? Ryu becoming the final boss as the seasoned master?
#28  February 21, 2022, 08:20:12 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I don't know if it's the new design or the fact Luke is half his size, but I figure this is some years later and Ryu is catching up to Akuma's level.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#29  February 21, 2022, 09:08:06 pm
#30  February 21, 2022, 09:28:17 pm
I don't know if it's the new design or the fact Luke is half his size, but I figure this is some years later and Ryu is catching up to Akuma's level.
Right, it's nice of them to have included a regular character, with this Ryu alone there would have been doubts that this is because the art style is making everyone a giant beefcake again.
Ryu becoming the final boss as the seasoned master?
I'm assuming you mean like Gouken, there's no way Ryu becomes a final boss ; but I sure would like to see him come up with new moves the way Gouki does, other than making variation of the exact same 3 moves and nothing else (except one high kick). Even Kage is too tame for what Ryu should have at this point.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:32:04 pm by Byakko
#31  February 21, 2022, 11:42:46 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Let's just hope that logo is a temporary placeholder.
It's LITERALLY an adobe stock image, with a 6 on it. I'm sure someone at Capcom is going to get fired for it.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#32  February 22, 2022, 12:16:47 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Give ryu his vskill2 has a special move and kage's air fireball and Il be happy. That and give him red fireball back pls
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#33  February 22, 2022, 01:42:26 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Here's some of my wishes:

*PLEASE have the story be set after 3rd Strike. Its about damn time the story start moving forward again.
*Bring back the World Warrior tournament. Enough of watching the characters wandering around.
*No "cinematic" story mode please. Either give us a traditional arcade ladder or a story mode separated in chapters where all characters can get a chance to shine. And please have the characters actually interact with each other.
*Have the roster be a good mix of characters from all previous games with one or two newcomers. I'd really like to see some SF1 rep in a redesigned form.
*Give a rest to some of the series staples like Chun-Li and Zangief. I KNOW they're popular and all but honestly the series needs some fresh air.
#34  February 22, 2022, 01:44:58 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I will shit if this game is still before SF3. Like, c'mon.

I would prefer if most of the returnees are made up of SF3 reps. I'd love to see Necro return, and of course seeing Dudley pop off in this game's style would be heavenly.

Though with Ryu packing some meat down below, I dunno if I'm ready for Necro and Dudley to come in with cock bulge, or god forbid Twelve with a huge flopping dick hanging out.
#35  February 22, 2022, 01:45:40 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Storywise I agree however, have him avaliable for vs mode and such (like SNK did with nightmare Geese), he is a huge legacy character

He's too integral to the setting.  At best, he'll be back as some kind of illusion that occasionally haunts others while not being the overall big bad to the story.

ya but he showed up as a regular character in SF4, and Geese also came back as a regular,  and so did Hihatchi , they can bring him back for all I care just not as a Boss character again, Necalli should have been the default Final boss of SF5 , but capcom wasted him when they could have made him matter but instead they just made a character that didn't even need to exist
#36  February 22, 2022, 02:40:24 am
As far as to what the likely setting SF6 will take place, this is just my thoughts.

There is no SF3. 

6's plot will be the NEW SF3 replacing the old timeline and instead focuses on the setting that was developing since SF4.  They can't continue on with wedging this after SF5 and before SF3 and they can't make this follow up SF3 without understanding the plot there, which no one really has time for.

It is for the best really.  They can always have Rose accidently discover a SF Multiverse to see the old timeline of SF3 and to prevent the current timeline from reaching a similar end.

Also it can ease up stuff like Makoto's age, Ibuki's cellphone, and the internet in general for SF4 as the setting is catching up to our time rather than be eternally stuck in the mid to late 90s.
Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 02:47:52 am by Kirishima
#37  February 22, 2022, 04:26:58 am
and they can't make this follow up SF3 without understanding the plot there, which no one really has time for.
It's not like SF3 has such a complex plot that can't be summed up in a couple of lines from Gill, Alex and Urien in whatever story SF6 has, making all of SF3 fit inside SF6 which can then go beyond. No need for parallel worlds.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#38  February 22, 2022, 04:31:57 am
    • Brazil
And speaking of plot, damn, that's one hell of a... plot

#39  February 22, 2022, 04:47:37 am
#40  February 22, 2022, 10:13:46 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I swear there was something cool here!!