YesNoOk

Street Fighter 6 (PS4/PS5/Xbox Series X|S/PC) (Now Released!) (Read 1412390 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 21, 2022, 06:39:43 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter 6
#61  June 03, 2022, 01:37:36 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
The Haggar statue and Damnd... so hype to see how they expand on Metro City after so many years.
#62  June 03, 2022, 01:40:40 am
    • Brazil
Yeah, I thought I was the only one who noticed Damnd. To be honest, his original design was stupid as hell, so hopefully he'll look cool now.
#63  June 03, 2022, 01:42:38 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I think the young girl can be the kid Chun Li saved in SF3.3
Just a feeling. I'm not well informed about details. But I feel like it's not her daughter.
The girl she saved in her SFIII:3rd ending IS her daughter, her name is Li-Fen, by the way.

EDIT: If it's actually her, that means we finally have a game after SFIII in the timeline.

Oh, I forgot about this "detail" I have to admit I didn't finished the game for a long time with her...
At these times, I had very superficial understanding of english reading.

So, yes, if it's the same girl as SF3.3, it is her daughter.

EDIT :

People say Chun-Li adopted all the kids in that SF3 ending (including that girl) but I'm pretty sure Capcom never said anything like that anywhere. So no, not her daughter.

Older realistic Asian Chun-Li's head and hairline is really weird to me but we saw how much they changed her between SF5 reveal and actual release. Realistic martial arts Ryu moves are also a bit weird, it'll be tough to get used to.
But I really appreciate the realistic shift. I just hope it looks decent.

Thanks for the precisions and I feel the same about realistic moves for Ryu.
Looks like they did a step in the direction of Tekken. (or something like that) - I refered when Capcom was more into "cartoonish exageration" Not sure my sentence express exactly what I want to say in english.
Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 01:47:18 am by Momotaro
#64  June 03, 2022, 01:44:13 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I'm down for Damnd to be in the playable roster.  It's tradition to include a new Final Fight rep with every entry.

Seeing the gang he is a part of may likely be the same "terrorists" that ended up killing Luke's father or something that were inspired by them.
#65  June 03, 2022, 01:45:38 am
The whole open world Metro City at the start with Damnd and everything Metro City was a shock, but then the actual fight made me forget all of it somehow. Open world Metro City in an SF story mode is wild. Hoodie dude is not Luke so secret new main or... create-a-character while learning moves ?
edit - he's Black and he does a Shoryuken. That seriously looks like a custom creation character.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 01:52:52 am by Byakko
#66  June 03, 2022, 01:48:57 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
The whole open world Metro City at the start with Damnd and everything Metro City was a shock, but then the actual fight made me forget all of it somehow. Open world Metro City in an SF story mode is wild. Hoodie dude is not Luke so secret new main or... create-a-character while learning moves ?

D*mn, I wish it's a creation mode. but with real customisation of movelist it would be great.
#67  June 03, 2022, 01:51:38 am
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/06/02/street-fighter-6-aims-to-redefine-the-fighting-genre-in-2023/

Overview of the trailer.  The usual staple modes confirmed with Arcade now being at launch.  All available in the "Fighting Ground" section of Metro City.  RE Engine confirmed.

•Luke eats, drinks, play video games, and may or may not have a demon concealed in his hair follicles cause his whole background sounds so boring. This is your new hero.

•Jamie knows of Yun and Yang and aims to reach their level.  Fights crime with his lethal breakdancing.

•Ryu is the same now purged of the Satsui No Hadou.  Somehow knows Demon Breath.

•Chun-Li is now a respected figure in her community as she trains the next generation.

New function called Drive System.

A Drive Impact is a powerful strike that can absorb an opponent’s incoming attack and can lead to a wall splat.

Use Drive Parry to repel your opponent’s attack and refill your Drive Gauge.

Cancel out of a Drive Parry or normal attack into a Drive Rush to quickly close in on your opponent.

Overdrive Arts are similar to EX Moves from past games that power up your Special Moves.

Use Drive Reversal to perform a counterattack to get you out of tight situations. One gauge, five techniques, unlimited possibilities. Use your creativity to choose which technique to utilize and when. It’s all in your hands!

The new campaign mode is called "World Tour" and from the way they worded, you will play as an avatar that can be customized rather than explore Luke's story.

Battle Hub is their new Online Mode but will focus on communication.  Online Training returning?
Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 02:15:19 am by Kirishima
Re: Street Fighter 6 (PS4/PS5) (2023 Release)
#68  June 03, 2022, 01:59:50 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
That trailer was pretty fucking sick, I'm hyped.

also this is pretty obviously Illuminati stuff. I'm not sure there's anything that conclusively proves that this is set after SFIII but I kinda feel like this is pointing towards a setup where Alex has joined the Illuminati and become all Gill-y and they're rapidly gaining influence, IDK.
#69  June 03, 2022, 02:03:50 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Pretty sure this is set quite a bit after SF3 if only because Jamie is following in the footsteps of the Lee bros.
This means Yun and Yang are about as old as Ryu was in SF4.

That's... a lot to process, not gonna lie.
The idea of a mature Yang gives me great unease lol
#70  June 03, 2022, 02:04:38 am
    • Brazil
So, Jamie wants to be on the level of Yun and Yang, the girl is probably Li-Fen, who learned from Chun-Li, they seem to be setting up a connection between Luke and Ryu, I wonder if the whole roster will have this theme of younger fighters being inspired by the older ones.

EDIT:
Blog post said:
Chun-Li is a former agent from the ICPO (International Criminal Police Investigation). She now looks after Li Fen, a victim of the Black Moon Incident from Street Fighter V.  With Shadaloo now fallen, Chun-Li teaches kung fu classes and has become a beloved member of the local community.
That doesn't confirm that the girl in the trailer is Li-Fen, but "looking after" her might as well be adoption.
Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 02:12:39 am by Macaulyn97
#71  June 03, 2022, 02:10:02 am

Taking notes from Yatagarasu and Persona 4 Ultimax, for some reason we will be getting IRL commentators to guide us through the melee.  As of now, there are commentators for English and Japanese audio.  No word if we will be getting other languages but there will be subtitles in up to 13 languages for the rest to follow.

Hellpockets DLC PLEASE
#72  June 03, 2022, 02:46:23 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Going frame by frame, I noted the following:

- Abigail's shop
- A Mike Haggar statue
- Times Square now exists in Metro City
- Hugo is now on billboards with the text "Giant Attack"
- Hakan is selling his oil

perhaps the biggest thing, is that Zubaz is now possibly canon to SF.

It really looks like it could be him.
#73  June 03, 2022, 04:00:35 am
    • Brazil
Who is Zubaz?
#74  June 03, 2022, 04:03:00 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
He was a scrapped concept for SF2. Some sort of Nordic leatherclad guy with "thunder god powers." The internet loved him so much he essentially became public domain. He's in Divekick, Shovel Knight and various other games, usually called "The Baz." Look him up, you'll see the picture has some similarities to his design.
#75  June 03, 2022, 04:21:35 am
    • Brazil
Oh... I remember him now, from Shovel Knight. I didn't know he had such an... extensive backstory, but it would certainly be hilarious if Capcom actually added him.
#76  June 03, 2022, 05:26:34 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria

This looks so good
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

SNT

#77  June 03, 2022, 05:28:06 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
That trailer was pretty fucking sick, I'm hyped.

also this is pretty obviously Illuminati stuff. I'm not sure there's anything that conclusively proves that this is set after SFIII but I kinda feel like this is pointing towards a setup where Alex has joined the Illuminati and become all Gill-y and they're rapidly gaining influence, IDK.
That wrestler woman with the red helmet is gonna be playable. She's a perfect fit for a Das Vergeben leak from three months back. The same leak also nailed Jamie as a yellow drunken fist character, and describes that Kimberly girl from the last wide shot of the hub area.
Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 05:38:31 am by SNT
#78  June 03, 2022, 05:39:04 am
    • Brazil
So, I was looking back at the additions of Final Fight characters to the main Street Fighter games so I could try a find a pattern to help us predict which other characters from that franchise can join Street Fighter VI (alonside Damnd, if that guy ends up actually being him).

• Street Fighter Alpha - Guy and Sodom
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Rolento
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Cody
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper/MAX - Maki (appeared before in Capcom VS SNK 2)
  • Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact - Hugo
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV - Poison (appeared before in Street Fighter X Tekken)
  • Street Fighter V - Abigail
  • Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition - Lucia
  • Street Fighter VI - Damnd (unconfirmed)

Based on this list, I noticed a few things: they don't seem to want to add Haggar, they have yet to add any palette-swaps (one could argue Abigail is a palette-swap of Hugo, but he technically is also a head-swap), they have yet to add any villain from any game past the original Final Fight, though playable characters don't have such "restriction".

With that criteria in mind, here is a list of which characters could possibly be added to this game in the future:

SNT

#79  June 03, 2022, 05:48:42 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#80  June 03, 2022, 06:30:55 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
The dark vest piece on Ryu may be a reference to his training with Oro, from his ending in SF3 Third Strike.

Also, Luke stole Sean's shoryuken move from 2nd Impact.
Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 07:35:35 am by NDSilva