YesNoOk

Tekken 8  (Read 481381 times)

Started by videoman, September 14, 2022, 12:28:30 am
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 8
#41  December 12, 2022, 02:22:28 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
They had an event today that had a closer look at the trailer that just came out. Here's the Cliff Notes version:

-Jun is playable and canon. Apparently, she went into hiding after Ogre's beating. They also talked about her design.
-Rage Arts are back. Many assumed that Jun was healing her opponent... but that's incorrect. She's damaging them in her Rage Art. Paul's Rage Art is called 'Strongest in the Universe'. Also, customization is back as you can give Paul that big ass hairdo from past games.
-Stages are more dynamic now as certain parts can be destroyed to create new takes on that stage. It all plays into the theme of 'aggression'.
-The new 'Heat' system is brought up. Every character has certain moves that can trigger it and some, like Jin, can actually cancel out of it and go into another move.
-There are side steps in this game
-More updates will be announced in February at the Tekken World Finals in Amsterdam.
#42  December 12, 2022, 04:54:19 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
-Jun is playable and canon. Apparently, she went into hiding after Ogre's beating. They also talked about her design.
-Stages are more dynamic now as certain parts can be destroyed to create new takes on that stage. It all plays into the theme of 'aggression'.
-There are side steps in this game
-Appearently being pure of heart and in tune with Angel can prevent you from aging in your mid-40s or some shit like that.  Then again, I won't be surprised if this is just a red herring and she is just an illusion.

-TFW you live long enough to see Tekken taking a page from DoA of all things what even is this timeline

-The fact that needs to be brought up because people still don't believe it folowing the past two trailers is ridiculous.
#43  December 12, 2022, 01:47:35 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Jun coming back is literally the worst writing I've ever seen, but it's Namco we're talking about.
#44  December 13, 2022, 02:37:46 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Tekken 7 was a pretty good closure of a saga, and a good festival of cameos too. I was actually willing to see Harada finally pushing forward that long promised crossover, "Tekken X Street Fighter", before starting over with another brand new chapter in the series.

Guess that concept became too out of reach, at this point. (Why did you had to fuck up so badly, SFxT...! :,[)
#45  December 13, 2022, 07:02:47 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
I'd wager Tekken 8 being the official "finale" of the Mishima saga, hence why Jun is coming back. Jinpachi? dead. Kazumi? dead. Heihachi? dead.
Jun was literally the only one left to tie loose ends with Kazuya and Jin. I'm just a little annoyed that her return is so abrupt and so mishandled.

On the note of TxSF, I'm actually happy that it's scrapped. After seeing Akuma in Tekken, I just don't think the two games can crossover without being a huge disaster. The systems are vastly different, SF characters rely too much on jumps, the meter gauge is a pain in the ass and 2D doesn't fit in a 3D game.
I'd rather much see a Virtua Fighter x Tekken than see Street Fighter. Games that could ACTUALLY work.
#46  December 13, 2022, 08:59:13 am
Jun coming back is literally the worst writing I've ever seen, but it's Namco we're talking about.

By the power of the writers and fan services (Sometimes)

I'd wager Tekken 8 being the official "finale" of the Mishima saga, hence why Jun is coming back. Jinpachi? dead. Kazumi? dead. Heihachi? dead.
Jun was literally the only one left to tie loose ends with Kazuya and Jin. I'm just a little annoyed that her return is so abrupt and so mishandled.

On the note of TxSF, I'm actually happy that it's scrapped. After seeing Akuma in Tekken, I just don't think the two games can crossover without being a huge disaster. The systems are vastly different, SF characters rely too much on jumps, the meter gauge is a pain in the ass and 2D doesn't fit in a 3D game.
I'd rather much see a Virtua Fighter x Tekken than see Street Fighter. Games that could ACTUALLY work.

So what if Akuma will return Tekken 8, does that make him into a canon story? He seems so out of place, even for a character like him. I rather have Nina or Anna to try to kill Kazuya than a Capcom character. Akuma is too op for a assassin to kill someone.

'Virtua Fighter X Tekken', well there's always 'VF2 v.s Tekken 2' hack game, even though it's not a officially game by Sega.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#47  December 13, 2022, 09:29:21 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Sorry to break it to you... he's canon. Not only is he an obnoxious guest character who's overstayed his welcome, he's also an integral piece to the damn lore now SMH.

However, regardless of him being canon or not, he's not coming back. A: he's a guest character and B: His only connection to Tekken was through Kazumi who's also not coming back so he literally has no agency now.
#48  December 13, 2022, 04:53:28 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh

It's actually surreal, just how many times both sides got this close to make a big partnership seem plausible. And then the closest that ever got to fruition was a couple of Tekken costumes in the last VF5 update;
Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 05:09:22 pm by NDSilva
#49  December 13, 2022, 06:45:08 pm
    • Argentina

Im the only one who want to see a SNK Vs Tekken?

I mean, it might be fun
#50  December 13, 2022, 09:03:05 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
A full-fledged crossover between any pair of franchises will always be hype.

Unfortunately, the bigwigs who have the final word in those companies just can't be bothered to do anything beyond the safest option, nowadays - why make a full product alongside another company, when you can just license a character/costume DLC and get the same amount of attention from their public?
#51  December 13, 2022, 09:42:03 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
As an SNK fan for over 15 years, I would LOVE to see a Tekken X SNK installment...

HOWEVER

There's a reason why these crossovers don't work anymore. Just look at KOF All Star for an example. After bringing in Tekken characters, they dominated the scene for multiple seasons, Kazuya being the culprit. The systems are too different. SNK games (and Street Fighter) rely on meters, jumps, long stringy combos to win. Also, games like KOF rely on three teammates while Street Fighter require lots of cancels (more than KOF even).

Akuma and Geese were nails in the coffin for my dreams of a fully fledged crossover game and seeing how KOF AS, SFxT and SVC Chaos failed miserably... I think crossover titles should remain untouched.

Unless they make entire new assets that fit the host's gameplay system/mechanic for the guest characters (i.e. CVS)... but what company would do THAT in 2023?
#52  December 13, 2022, 10:40:13 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
There's a reason why these crossovers don't work anymore. Just look at KOF All Star for an example. After bringing in Tekken characters, they dominated the scene for multiple seasons, Kazuya being the culprit. The systems are too different. SNK games (and Street Fighter) rely on meters, jumps, long stringy combos to win. Also, games like KOF rely on three teammates while Street Fighter require lots of cancels (more than KOF even).
Dunno about that. A creative company and dev team can make a lot of crossover ideas work while also keeping what big players of those franchises like about their favorite side. CvS being probably the best example. I get your logic, but at the end of the day all casual players want is their favorite characters getting together and interacting with fun gameplay.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#53  December 13, 2022, 10:42:05 pm

It's actually surreal, just how many times both sides got this close to make a big partnership seem plausible. And then the closest that ever got to fruition was a couple of Tekken costumes in the last VF5 update;

Tekken is better than VF. I'm done with that series.
Now i'm looking forward for T8 if the story doesn't sucks and better roster.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#54  December 13, 2022, 10:54:30 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
A creative company and dev team can make a lot of crossover ideas work while also keeping what big players of those franchises like about their favorite side. CvS being probably the best example.
The thing is, CVS is the ONLY true successful crossover game ever to be conceived. Now, before you bring MVC into the discussion, just remember that the assets created for Marvel characters were all based on Capcom's design just like CVS. In fact, MVC is pure Capcom (gameplay wise) so it doesn't count as an official "crossover".

SVC failed, SFxT failed, KOFASxT failed, TxSF was scrapped... Meaning after 1999, no single crossover game was successfully implemented and sold well despite the hype. This is the same reason why despite having the two biggest named franchises being crossovered, Street Fighter x Tekken failed miserably cuz they couldn't find a way to make the characters work both casually and competitively. It was the successor to SVC Chaos which also suffered the same problem.
I get your logic, but at the end of the day all casual players want is their favorite characters getting together and interacting with fun gameplay.
Hence why MUGEN is popular. lol

But jokes aside, this literally is the reason why big AAA companies don't want to do crossovers anymore but bring single guest characters into the game. It saves time, money and the risks of failing hard on a corporate scale.
Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 02:17:11 am by Kolossoni
#55  December 13, 2022, 11:08:47 pm
    • Brazil
Thing is... how many people give a shit about Virtua Fighter? The franchise hasn't gotten anything truly new in ages. The most recent release is a remaster.
#56  December 13, 2022, 11:16:46 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Thing is... how many people give a shit about Virtua Fighter? The franchise hasn't gotten anything truly new in ages. The most recent release is a remaster.

I played VF 2 since I was 5 or smth and it was my first ever fighting game (let alone first video game) I've ever played. So yes, I myself have a special place in my heart for VF. Though I did hear rumors of a sequel, all one can do is hope.
#57  December 14, 2022, 12:16:46 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Thing is... how many people give a shit about Virtua Fighter?
Japan....yea, that's basically it.  Not really enough to convince a crossover with anything.

Quick update to the Heat system, it's essentially Tekken's own V-Trigger where everyone has a special core unlocked for combo usage.  Jack-8's Heat can follow up specific moves with bombs, Jin gains enhanced dash cancels, Kazuya becomes full blown Necalli Devil mid-match.
#58  December 14, 2022, 12:40:19 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh

Announce a brand new entry for a franchise whose true last game is nearly 16 years old - bonus points if it crosses over with characters from another well known franchise - and I quite sure most folks at the fighting game community will have at least some curiosity in regards to what's going to come out of it.
Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 01:37:29 am by NDSilva
#59  December 14, 2022, 05:53:20 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/

Remember when they set up Asuka to be important to the Kazama story? Especially after her ending where she seemingly repressed Jin's Devil curse? Bamco sure didn't. She got roped into her stupid shallow rivalry with Lili, stopped interacting with Jin and any of the Mishimas, and has been completely irrelevant ever since.

Claudio and his organization has seemingly replaced her and the Kazamas's role as the devil gene purifiers.
#60  December 14, 2022, 12:28:29 pm
Claudio and his organization has seemingly replaced her and the Kazamas's role as the devil gene purifiers.
Now watch Claudio not return since Jun is back to pick that up.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.