YesNoOk

Multiple Outfits/SFF files/Pal w/Hi-Res Char Inquiry (Read 703 times)

Started by MDCGD, May 19, 2020, 10:42:56 AM
Share this topic:
Multiple Outfits/SFF files/Pal w/Hi-Res Char Inquiry
#1  May 19, 2020, 10:42:56 AM
    • USA
I've searched in regards to this topic but my situation is a little unique so I've decided to post this question. But first, here's the situation.

I'm currently developing a full game using 3d models that I've created. I started my characters without dealing with custom palettes thinking I could put that on the back-burner. Now I've gotten to the point where I needed to think about palettes and color separation. I did some research and realized that with my Hi-Res 3d characters (using all 255 colors) at 60fps (thousands of frames) it would be next to impossible to color separate.

I read some posts regarding using multiple sff files and the majority saying color separation is better choice. But, giving my circumstance of creating a full game with 3d hi-res sprites, it would be more time-effective  for me to just create alternate costumes in my 3d program and batch dump the new outfits in multiple sff files.

I know the importance of having at least two different pals when fighting against the same character in order to differentiate p1 from p2 so this is kind of a critical road block for me to solve. Color separation would take ions (unless there's some sort of batch technique I'm unaware of).

my concerns are:
1.file size/memory usage
2.having the char as 1 char with different outfits as opposed to having multiple versions of the same char in the char select screen. I seen someone post a way using var to basically choose and outfit by choosing a pal to avoid this so I hope that works.

Any Suggestions from veterans would be appreciated.
Re: Multiple Outfits/SFF files/Pal w/Hi-Res Char Inquiry
#2  May 19, 2020, 04:34:54 PM
  • Im just a CSer who is still learning
  • Amateur CSer
    • USA
I know IKEMEN Go has a feature where you can put multiple characters in 1 slot. Might not be exactly what you said, but its something
Working on a Genjuro and Cham Cham CS
Re: Multiple Outfits/SFF files/Pal w/Hi-Res Char Inquiry
#3  May 19, 2020, 08:35:35 PM
    • USA
I know IKEMEN Go has a feature where you can put multiple characters in 1 slot. Might not be exactly what you said, but its something

Hmm. I will look into Ikemen. Thanks.