YesNoOk

K4-6-O's sprites  (Read 153613 times)

Started by k6666orochi, September 09, 2014, 01:12:32 am
Re: K4-6-O's sprites
#101  August 11, 2020, 09:32:01 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
My suggestion is, as Walt said, to use layers.

Speciffically this way(I've been doing things with this in a VERY basic state and it's pretty useful):

- Layer 1: outlines and flat colours. This may be the perfect point for a basic CS start. As Step 2 will save you A LOT of time.
- Layer 2: Throw some light at it. Depending on the style you want, you'd have to place the light source in one or another place. In this case, I suggest you to put some light balloons on "chest/boobs", "shoulders", "head"(and part of the face if there's no hair bangs around), and upper part of her arms. Then I'd go putting one of these ballons in her left leg(femur and knee area), since it's forward and nothing covers it.

Now, blend layers(erasing the 3D model, of course). When the "lightest" balloon hits one of the silouete colour(the darkest), you can change them into the second(flat colour), so this will save you A LOT of time.

Basically wityh these 2 layers, you've got three colours in each area. You can make the next step as I do OR using a third layer, which basically is adding another balloon/line between the lightest and the flat colour, so you can have the intermediate colour between lightest and flat.

Basically, this process could save you a lot of time.

Have a nice day!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#102  August 11, 2020, 10:00:46 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I always wanted to make a kof XIV char in classic kof style but I am not good at sprites, so I will try to make all the animations I can from luong, the images were reduced to a size similar to that of kof chars and They were indexed to make the gif in fighter factory, and the amount of images that it has in the original animation was reduced, if someone wants to help I will send them the images that it is taking, this is a demonstration.

the original sprite on which I base myself to reduce the size of the images to a certain percentage is the author HanayanDP

I like this idea to give her her turn to be into CVS style.

But, yes, you will have to draw many elements since she have  very different body proportion in KOF style model ingame.
smaller head, slimmer legs and arms...
#103  August 12, 2020, 02:38:15 am
    • Argentina
In fact I would like it to be more kof style that cvs sprite is just served as a reference to see what percentage to use to reduce the images since the captures were in 854x480 xD

My suggestion is, as Walt said, to use layers.

Speciffically this way(I've been doing things with this in a VERY basic state and it's pretty useful):

- Layer 1: outlines and flat colours. This may be the perfect point for a basic CS start. As Step 2 will save you A LOT of time.
- Layer 2: Throw some light at it. Depending on the style you want, you'd have to place the light source in one or another place. In this case, I suggest you to put some light balloons on "chest/boobs", "shoulders", "head"(and part of the face if there's no hair bangs around), and upper part of her arms. Then I'd go putting one of these ballons in her left leg(femur and knee area), since it's forward and nothing covers it.

Now, blend layers(erasing the 3D model, of course). When the "lightest" balloon hits one of the silouete colour(the darkest), you can change them into the second(flat colour), so this will save you A LOT of time.

Basically wityh these 2 layers, you've got three colours in each area. You can make the next step as I do OR using a third layer, which basically is adding another balloon/line between the lightest and the flat colour, so you can have the intermediate colour between lightest and flat.

Basically, this process could save you a lot of time.

Have a nice day!
I did not know that I have to put it into practice since I know how to use the layers well as I did with an incineroar sprite but coloring is not my strength xD
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 02:42:33 am by k6666orochi
#104  August 12, 2020, 04:25:00 am
    • USA
That sprite looks amazing! The only problem I see with it is the feet because they look more like boots to me. I would take a look at Kim Kaphwan for reference, but you got the general idea, tho.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#105  August 12, 2020, 04:56:01 am
    • Argentina
the cvs sprite is from the author HanayanDP
i saw one in kof style and it looks great
I'm using the animeget to get the images, first I'm going to see how many animations of the character I can get, then I'm going to reduce the number of images in each animation and then I'll start making the sprites, Although I do not promise anything I will try to do what I can
#106  August 13, 2020, 07:57:35 pm
    • Argentina

Yes I know I know she needs a looooooot of work, this to begin with and although it does not seem like much it took me more than 40 min to do it because I looked a little more at the details xD
#107  August 13, 2020, 09:15:22 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
As a wise man once sard, "Practice makes perfect".
#108  August 14, 2020, 08:25:30 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
She does look accurate so far, so its a good start.
            Zorf Giudecca
#109  August 17, 2020, 06:39:45 am
    • Argentina
#110  November 06, 2020, 03:41:46 am
    • Argentina
so that this does not die I show you some old works
This is something old, I tried to finish at least one kof style sprite but it is very difficult and I did not have time to finish xD, as you can see in the image I tried to use several references from other chars but hey I'm not very good and I don't have as long as before

some effects i did for neopolitan (It is obvious that they would look better transparent xD)

#111  November 06, 2020, 05:08:40 am
    • USA
i think the KOF style is hard to master, i dont even know where to start with KOF sprites...  cant see Dukes face
#112  December 03, 2020, 07:38:23 pm
    • Argentina
The sprite is not finished yet, I did it in a short time and I still have to correct many things, I used different references of kyo versions between the one of kof XIII that I did years ago
#113  December 04, 2020, 03:46:17 am
    • Argentina
:v Sorry doble post xD
I finally finished it, what do you think? I do not know what colors the version will have in the game since I am based on the suit that the video showed and I only know that the jacket is black xD
#114  February 23, 2021, 04:11:45 am
    • Argentina
I know it is not perfect, it took me some time to make it using the trailer that came out as a reference, I tried to make it as similar to the version of the kof XV since it has several differences with respect to the original
New #115  February 27, 2021, 04:46:28 am
    • Argentina
an image I made with photoshop (to practice a bit) the characters are Fischl and Xiangling from the game genshin impact (for those who do not know)

now he looks more serious  ;D
Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 04:10:46 am by k6666orochi