Divine WIPs (Read 755886 times)

Started by DW, May 15, 2012, 03:45:05 am
Share this topic:

DW

Re: Divine WIPs
#1841  July 18, 2020, 11:33:50 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
So... I don't have any projects or anything going on. I wanted to announce this though as I have spoken/were in the works with multiple people with possible projects and other stuff: I just bought a new PC. It has nothing on it, in terms of my Mugen stuff. Color separations I had on the back burner, projects as well, basically all of my Mugen stuff. The PC I thought had been "fixed" crashed on me yet again earlier today. So, what I hope to do is possibly get my Mugen stuff from that PC and then smash it with a sledge hammer.

If not, I'll just have to start from scratch. Which is what I probably will end up doing, as I already want to chuck it out a window. Some of you may or may not have seen me post about how it was having problems displaying Mugen properly. As of now, I'm just going to get all my chars and stuff back, and finish updating Akuma. I'm pretty sure I already updated Robert so that he'll remain compatible with Jmorphman's Ken when he releases that big update for him. However, I'll double check. I didn't finish coding the new intro with Akuma x V.Ken yet though. If I were in contact with you before, you can still PM me or DM me on Discord.

I'll be gradually trying to put the pieces back together.
#1842  July 18, 2020, 11:50:12 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

So your Mugen stuff's on a dead PC and you're set to retrieve them which I assume is what you mean by put the pieces back together? It definitely sounds like a hassle, but I hope you come out okay my main man. Would you be mad if you had to start from scratch?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1843  July 19, 2020, 12:04:39 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
If it helps DW, i think i’ve got all your characters on my PC if you need backups.
#1844  July 19, 2020, 12:04:48 am
  • MUGEN MEMES

Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#1845  July 19, 2020, 12:06:29 am
    • UK

WIP Schedule:

DW

#1846  July 19, 2020, 12:08:44 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
So your Mugen stuff's on a dead PC and you're set to retrieve them which I assume is what you mean by put the pieces back together? It definitely sounds like a hassle, but I hope you come out okay my main man. Would you be mad if you had to start from scratch?

It's not "dead" per-say. The guy was able to get it to work when it did the same blue screen crash thing. I'm confident he can do it again just so I can get my files off of it. As far as being mad, not really. Some stuff I probably just wouldn't even care about. I suppose the CSs would be the biggest ordeal. As that shit takes time.

If it helps DW, i think i’ve got all your characters on my PC if you need backups.

All of my chars are on my site and up to date. It's not my released stuff I'm concerned about. Though I appreciate the sentiment.
#1847  July 19, 2020, 12:32:58 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Best of luck to you DW.
I know this kind of situation is one of the worst.
#1848  July 19, 2020, 12:42:31 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Terribly sorry to hear about your PC troubles man, wishing you all the best with being able to retrieve all your old work,

Also made a palette for Kyosuke

#1849  July 19, 2020, 02:22:59 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
So, what I hope to do is possibly get my Mugen stuff from that PC and then smash it with a sledge hammer.

Like i literally did with my old laptop when i almost lost all the MUGEN stuff. Fortunately i managed to get everything in order.
I hope you can solve this situation DW, wish you all luck to you.

2OS

#1850  July 19, 2020, 04:27:59 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
worst case scenario get the hard drive out of the pc and buy a usb adapter to read it

also get a portable hard drive. my last hard drive crashed over a year ago and i was lucky to salvage anything as the drive doesn't want to read.

i fortunately got everything but my sff and snd back and replacing those is minor compared to a years worth of code.
#1851  July 20, 2020, 10:29:29 pm
Always have a backup on cloud. You can set a folder to stay synced with Cloud all the time and this way you have a backup of your work.

DW

#1852  July 23, 2020, 03:48:23 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Terribly sorry to hear about your PC troubles man, wishing you all the best with being able to retrieve all your old work,

Also made a palette for Kyosuke

Thanks, I'll add this soon.

worst case scenario get the hard drive out of the pc and buy a usb adapter to read it

also get a portable hard drive. my last hard drive crashed over a year ago and i was lucky to salvage anything as the drive doesn't want to read.

i fortunately got everything but my sff and snd back and replacing those is minor compared to a years worth of code.

It actually may have just come to something like that unfortunately. :-\ Thanks for the advice. I was actually able to recover most stuff off myself. All of my music is still stuck on it though! :gonk: Along with a few of the CSs I had prepped, and somewhat done. What I was able to recover though has lightened my mood about it all though. Hopefully I can get this PC repair guy to grab the rest of the stuff of the desktop.

Always have a backup on cloud. You can set a folder to stay synced with Cloud all the time and this way you have a backup of your work.

Hind sight is 20/20 mang. You really don't think about stuff like this on a regular basis. Well, at least I didn't... Now that I have this new PC though, with Win 10 and all the bells and whistles, I'll look into doing this. Along with just backing my stuff up manually as well.
#1853  September 19, 2020, 08:16:36 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So what's the latest word?
I'd suggest getting a 32gb usb stick for like $15. My Mugen build seems to be larger than most, character count wise. It's 14.4gb and I have a bunch of unused chars still in the chars folder.
I also try to give my build to my friends once a year. The tiny edits we decide on during fights add up over time.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv

DW

#1854  September 26, 2020, 03:04:09 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm not really doing much of anything now. At a "crossroads" so to speak right now with Mugen. As far as the data loss goes; I actually managed to recover a fair amount of the data before the PC crashed again completely. I'm debating on whether or not I want to burn any cash to retrieve the data I wasn't able to get. I am upset about the Michelle Heart CS loss. That took me a long time and a lot of work. I was also planning on using it obviously, so losing it has killed a lot of my motivation. Well, what little I had left. Thank you for the advice, I will invest in getting a usb stick.
#1855  September 26, 2020, 05:11:31 pm
Hey DW,

Last time we talked in discord you mentioned that you updated that Shermie and that you are planning to release it.
I just wanted to ask you if you are still planning to do so.

As for motivation, I can relate. IRL is demanding enougn then going home i dont even have the motivation to make a pal let alone sit down and code.
You losing that cs is just awful to hear.

Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 01:51:31 am by PeXXeR
#1856  September 27, 2020, 07:25:22 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sorry to hear that man, and I clearly understand your grief. Just continue to take it, one day at a time. A good usb stick would be a smart move, or a external hd.
#1857  September 27, 2020, 07:00:32 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I know how you feel, DW.
But you mustn't lose your hope.
I'm sure you'll get your stuff back.
This is fate.

DW

#1858  June 24, 2023, 03:03:47 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
So, how's it going? Been a long time. I don't have anything witty or profound to say. No special reason for not doing anything. I just lost all enthusiasm. Recently though, I've been doing stuff little by little. I'll be updating all of my stuff(which I've mostly already done). Nothing extremely major, but I have tweaked the Tiny Buffer to be more lenient. Individual characters will receive updates exclusive to them as well. I am also working on a "new" character. Here's a preview:

Honestly, had it not been for the recent CS for her done by @MT7: I would have never been reminded of her. So, thank you for that. I put new in quotations, because there's nothing new about her. This was a joint project between @Lost_Avenger: and myself YEARS ago. Luckily, she was in my MF account, otherwise, she would have been lost with everything else. I'm still working on her, but she's pretty solid currently. Just have to iron out a few things. I have no expected release date, though it shouldn't be too far away. Any pals would be appreciated.
#1859  June 24, 2023, 04:17:11 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
I'll be updating all of my stuff(which I've mostly already done). Nothing extremely major, but I have tweaked the Tiny Buffer to be more lenient. Individual characters will receive updates exclusive to them as well. I am also working on a "new" character. Here's a preview:

Oh, Hotaru looks neat. What's her level 3?
And what updates you have in mind for your other characters?
#1860  June 24, 2023, 11:08:38 am
    • UK

This was a joint project between @Lost_Avenger: and myself YEARS ago. Luckily, she was in my MF account, otherwise, she would have been lost with everything else.

That must explain the mysterious 'Special Intro with Lost_Avenger's Hotaru' in older versions of your Rock. Is that intro gonna make it into an update?

A PotS (or similar) version of her has been kinda long overdue, so this is gonna be nice to look forward to!

I wonder if you have a truly new WIP coming, as I heard rumors you were working on another lady.
WIP Schedule: