MEPP is a 2D indie fighting game designed for the PC and developed by - A.T.P.
The game was originally being developed using the Mugen Engine but due to limitations we decided to make it our own! Team info:
A.T.P - Across the Pond is a group of small indie developers that got to know each other mainly through various fighting games played together over the years and a large part of that was through experiencing Mugen.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
A special breed of skilled fighters get invited to a tournament by a demonic entity posing as a witch named Isabeau, who is hungry for power and will stop at nothing to get what she wants - the ultimate manipulator who holds a powerful energy force inside in a crystal fixed into her staff. She promises the winner a shot at claiming her most prized possession (her staff) which holds that power, and advises them that should they be victorious to proceed with caution as the force is so powerful it may consume them. Her real motive however is to trap them and take them prisoner in her realm and find a way to extract their power into her crystal to become the ultimate force and ruler of all realms.
Game Modes: Story Mode
- In depth story mode with cut scenes.
- Play against a friend
- Online play with spectator ability and lobby creation
- Continous play of 1 round cycling through each character until life is eventually depleted.
- Combo Trials - a good way to learn characters play styles
- In depth training mode to improve your skill. Training mode offers full control of the dummy and certain scenarios as well as AI.
- The ability to play custom music in training mode from a dedicated folder
- trophie acheivment system
- to be considered....
(List may change)
From left to right referencing the image above: Isabeau (non-playable), Vico, Ocean, Echo, Ramirez, Scott, Sol Blazer, Prototype, Aqua.
The character bio's and stories are currently under development..
A few notes:
- The games resolution isn't fully decided yet.
- All sound effects music and graphics will be original
- The game is very early alpha.
- The crazy game name is more of a joke between the team members, but it kind of stuck! debating on a daily basis over new names we decided to keep it as "MEPP" - so I said "Well it's not being developed for Mugen anymore so the name wouldn't make sense, what else would it stand for?!" and here we are lol
Here is a short video on progress made so far using the character Sol Blazer on the new engine:
Here's some old Mugen progress videos of the game too:
Highlight Reel Combo - Aqua:
Aqua Super Move Update:
Axel and Sol Blazer gameplay
Any help/volunteers that can be provided for this project would be greatly appreciated! we require some help in the art/spriting department and music. PM me if you are interested! Thanks Guys - here to answer questions too