YesNoOk

Gohan and Frieza (beta) Z2 [Release] (Read 114397 times)

Started by Cybaster, July 14, 2014, 12:33:07 pm
Share this topic:
Gohan and Frieza (beta) Z2 [Release]
#1  July 14, 2014, 12:33:07 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Hi everybody !
Many of you have probably already downloaded the "HDBZ EVO 2014 update pack".

Here, we're basically releasing the same thing, but as separate characters. There are a few changes compared to the pack version :
  • Z2 character specific intros and winposes are there (they were removed in the HDBZ pack to avoid always seeing the same intros/winposes).
  • Made Vegeta's Rage Galactic Gunfire blockable.
  • Fixed a bug with Gohan's Lv3 finisher triggered with the wrong conditions.

Gohan is just missing his AI.
Freeza is still a beta, missing a super, his finishers, his AI and some intros/winposes, but the bulk of his gameplay is solid.

As usual, you can find all the stuff here :
http://network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/

It should be available shortly on Balthazar's website too.

Have fun, C&C appreciated ! :)
See you !!!

~Team Z2
Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:42:03 pm by Balthazar
Re: [Team Z2] Gohan and Freeza (beta) released. Goku, Vegeta and SSJ Goku updated
#2  July 14, 2014, 01:03:26 pm
Here's my feedback (from yesterday in the other topic, if you missed it):
-Just found that if you use Gohan and you crouch guard when Frieza shoots his Death Beam he doesn't get hit, but if you just crouch (with Gohan) he can get hit, I think that's because of the CLSNs. But this only happens when there's a certain distance between them.

-Gohan's intros when he uses the car or the bike, in the end, are misplaced, in fact mugen moves him a little (to the right position) before the round starts.
Today I noticed that:
- close medium punch (Frieza) doesn't have CLSNs for his legs from AnimElem 4 to AnimElem 6.
Re: [Team Z2] Gohan and Freeza (beta) released. Goku, Vegeta and SSJ Goku updated
#3  July 14, 2014, 01:06:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Can I ask you to test his teleporting stance against a variety of attacks?
#4  July 14, 2014, 01:19:08 pm
Excuse me, but I don't understand. Do you mean Frieza or Gohan, and what is the teleporting stance?

By the way I found another bug, but it's difficult to replicate:
- if you make both Gohans run and then one of them stop just before the other gets to him, this happens:

It could happen with the others as well, I haven't tested that yet.

Yes, it happens to the others but they revert to the stand state immediately, unlike Gohan.
Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:11:44 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#5  July 14, 2014, 01:23:41 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
back down punch ( or kick, cant remember) with freeza makes him bow, its a teleporting stance.
#6  July 14, 2014, 02:09:14 pm
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
*cracks knuckles* Oooooo yes!
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#7  July 14, 2014, 03:14:13 pm
OH!!!! SO COOL!!! great job!!!!!!!!
#8  July 14, 2014, 03:14:26 pm
back down punch (or kick, cant remember) with freeza makes him bow, its a teleporting stance.
I'm testing it now and I haven't found any problems, except that if the attacker is a bit distant the counter doesn't work and Frieza gets hit; it happens rarely.
I'm testing that with random characters though, if you happen to have a list of the attacks I can test that in a more efficient way.
Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:19:31 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#9  July 14, 2014, 03:18:16 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Just popping in here just to give some small feedback about Gohan (Haven't tested Frieza yet). Hope you don't mind.

-Stupid question, but is air lk intended as a Cross-up?

-On both either Soaring Dragon Strike and EX Shoryu-Tatsumaki Senpuu-Kyaku (Calling it that, since it's sort of the same as "Rising Hurricane Kick"), the "impact" sound on the last hit sometimes doesn't play. Idk if it's my Laptop specs (since what I'm using for testing is a low-end laptop), Mugen's fault, or the char itself.

-I would also like to mention something about his hitbox, since some parts looks.. slightly off for some reason. Besides the part that the standing hitbox is like 3 blue CLSNs to cover the sprite, even though it could've been one big hitbox (looking at KI's for example), I'm not sure how to explain it.

Haven't gotten too deep with him, yet. But I will once I look at some stuff from the movelist.

#10  July 14, 2014, 04:55:44 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
...So. This happened o.o

Literally my first intro with these two in training mode xD I don't think there's any way to prevent this from happening other than giving Gohan an intro against Goku. I don't mind either way, just wanted to share this cause this made me laugh a good bit lol.
#11  July 14, 2014, 05:12:12 pm
When you select the Japanese voices (Frieza), the intros ("Chilled-like" intro and "Budokai 3 transformation" intro) have some bugs, like no clothes ripping or never getting into stand animation.
#12  July 14, 2014, 05:14:37 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
...So. This happened o.o

Literally my first intro with these two in training mode xD I don't think there's any way to prevent this from happening other than giving Gohan an intro against Goku. I don't mind either way, just wanted to share this cause this made me laugh a good bit lol.

We can solve this by removing this intro for Gohan, I mean he never use the nimbus after he get his Saiyaman suit, giving the nimbus to his brother.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#13  July 14, 2014, 05:35:23 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Yeah the japanese version wasn hardly tested at all tbh because well, we can't stop listening to Shocky's sexy voice ;)

As for the double Kinton intro, it would just need a tiny piece of code to prevent the two from appearing simulataneously.
I don't see a reason to completely remove it from Gohan. This is a series that has characters resurrected from death multiple times, is it so hard to believe good 'ole Kinton got himself a cloudy girlfriend? Don't be a cloud-sist  -_-  :smile:

Thanks for the feedback, Tenryuu. The sounds of the last hit of the rising hurricane kick and the soaring dragon definitely play, so it must be your laptop or your personal mugen settings.
#14  July 14, 2014, 05:48:32 pm
    • France
    • louis.salome@live.fr
I' sry guys I cudn't resist :3

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Anyway, really enjoyable chars u brought here, u can feel the weight of the labour you put in it :P
#15  July 14, 2014, 05:49:52 pm
Loving Freeza the most XD

Hate to derail a tad but it seems like gohan's snds are pretty much covered @Balthazar: You don't need me to do anything to freeza snd wise do you??

Oh yeah might be "derp" on my end but Gohan's Chou K-wave wigs out on certain zoomed 1.1 stages
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:55:10 pm by jweezy34
#16  July 14, 2014, 05:51:02 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
I' sry guys I cudn't resist :3

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Anyway, really enjoyable chars u brought here, u can feel the weight of the labour you put in it :P

Lady and Gentlemen ! This the Son familly !

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#17  July 14, 2014, 06:00:17 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Freeza Eng Funi voice can wait a bit longer, JWeezy :)
#18  July 14, 2014, 06:03:24 pm
Alrighty :) no prob now I vanish into the shadows until I am needed *whoosh*
#19  July 14, 2014, 06:12:13 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Mr. Weezy.. If at all possible, could you find voice clips from Chris Ayres Frieza?
I'd rather not be scolded by my grandmother for fighting my grandmother, thank you very much :V

In all seriousness, some of Frieza's current voice clips do seem a bit too low..
#20  July 14, 2014, 06:13:58 pm
  • They Don't call me MUGreed for nothin'!!
    • USA
    • wakawakawhoops@gmail.com
is there gonna be an original eng (funimation) voice for gohan on the next update?