YesNoOk

Balanced Uncle Joel! (April Fools!) (Read 3674 times)

Started by Karl/Karla, April 02, 2022, 04:13:13 am
Share this topic:
Balanced Uncle Joel! (April Fools!)
#1  April 02, 2022, 04:13:13 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 02:38:18 am by KatsupSpecial
Re: Balanced Uncle Joel!
#2  April 02, 2022, 04:53:04 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Is this an edit of an existing character?
Re: Balanced Uncle Joel!
#3  April 02, 2022, 04:54:18 am
    • USA
Oh shit yeah, hold on...

EDIT: Here we are
Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:57:29 am by KatsupSpecial
Re: Balanced Uncle Joel! (April Fools!)
#4  April 02, 2022, 11:59:01 pm
  • Where am I oh god
    • Canada
I appreciate that you chose my character as a basis for an April Fools Joke, but the least you could have done was credit me for making the original.
#5  April 04, 2022, 01:33:59 am
    • USA
Uhhh... I kinda figured everyone knew who made the only Vargskelethor Joel in MUGEN. You were still credited in the .def file like-

I don't understand what you mean. Especially since you're here now, crediting you would be redundant at this point. Or better yet, you could NOT be an ass and just say "hey guys, even though this is a pretty well-known release at this point, the Uncle Jogel char is my creation!".

"...the least I could do." The least I could've done is post what the char looks like.

Edited the post to credit Brergrsart. I'm sorry for being overly defensive. This is a part of my personality that I'm trying to take care of. In my pursuit of standing up for myself, I've become more of an antithesis of a what I want to be. Overreactive and egotistical. I don't like being talked down to, so I would appreciate it if you let go of my hand and let me walk away. I'm tired of making a fool out of myself.
Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 02:38:26 am by KatsupSpecial
#6  April 04, 2022, 01:35:23 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Its bad form to not credit the original author in the release topic. It is just a courtesy thing. You don't have to be so defensive.
#7  April 04, 2022, 02:14:59 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Yeah gotta agree with Ume on this one... gotta give credit where credit is due AND where it can be seen.

Your really defensive response rubs me the wrong way, like damn. Just a simple "Oh yeah, that makes sense. Sorry about that. *edits post to include the credit*" would've been better.
#8  April 04, 2022, 02:24:25 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
Uhhh... I kinda figured everyone knew who made the only Vargskelethor Joel in MUGEN. You were still credited in the .def file like-

I don't understand what you mean. Especially since you're here now, crediting you would be redundant at this point. Or better yet, you could NOT be an ass and just say "hey guys, even though this is a pretty well-known release at this point, the Uncle Jogel char is my creation!".

"...the least I could do." The least I could've done is post what the char looks like.

you have to credit the original author.