YesNoOk

Dragon Destiny Project- Burst Version [SEASON 2 released!] (Read 143535 times)

Started by Akito, December 25, 2021, 07:29:15 pm
Share this topic:
Dragon Destiny Project- Burst Version [SEASON 2 released!]
#1  December 25, 2021, 07:29:15 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
SEASON 2 IS OUT GUYS, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

The year 2022 was VERY difficult for me, as I lost a great friend who was also a collaborator on the project. He was responsible for creating Julia's art, his name was Manoel Junior. He passed away due to a domestic accident and this was his Deviantart link:

https://www.deviantart.com/mppjr

It was a very difficult time for me, so I dedicate this update to him, thank you very much my friend. Julia is practically ready, but I won't add her to the project until the next update.

x---x---x---x---x

[changelog]:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

x---x---x---x---x

Hi, this is a project I've been working on for a few years. I released a screenpack of it, but this is now the full game (compilation).

FOR MODERATORS: I deleted the original post of General Discussion section because this is a EDIT, like Duracelleur's game (with more simple quality).

-> ALL OF THESE CHARS ARE EDITED/BALANCED FOR HAVE THE SAME AND STANDARD GAMEPLAY.

The Game has custom POTS gameplay, below are some details:

- All chars have multicolored sparks;
- No Custom Combo/Max Mode;
- No chain combos/air combos;
- Custom small and big portraits;
- Have Intros and Endings for all chars;

PS: The Intros and Endings of Akito, Ryu and Kyo are different in comparision of other chars.]

In the beginning, I was counting on the help of my friend Falcon Rapper, but he was too busy with his stuff outside of Mugen, so I was being helped by other people to at least finish the base of the project.

Thanks to:

- Raging Rowen
- DeathSchythe
- RageIsNeko
- GusSaint
- Marlboro Games
- Dampir

Thanks also to (I'm sorry if I'm missing someone):

- AVPBOY
- OldGamer
- Falcon Rapper
- Ariel Castro (ArielAlexCo)
- Charles_2011
- POTS
- R@CE
- Infinite
- Victorys
- PrimeSC
- Mr. Ansatsuken
- Trololo
- Divinewolf
- Jmorphman
- Karmachameleon
- Varo_Hades
- BahamianKing
- ShinRei
- Knuckles8864
- Froz
- Sennou-Room
- QuickFist
- CrazyKoopa
- Jadeeye
- Li-kun

Images (little outdated):

---> About the project:

This game have:

- 50 playable chars + Melty Blood chars (Collab) + various secret chars;
- 20 stages with music (thanks Charles_2011!);
- All small and big portraits are custom;
- Standard POTS gameplay (with no Custom Combo and Max Mode) with multicolored sparks;

And once again thanks to all the creators for the characters I used.

I created the character Akito, however, I want to make it clear that he's not me, but I like my OC so much that I've gotten used to people calling me that name. And the creator of sprites are based in old Ortsac char, work of is Ariel Castro (ArielAlexCo), my thanks for him.

Akito is the protagonist of a novel that I've been writing for many years, which I intend to release until the middle of next year, and Mugen helped me with several things, including better structuring the story I made for him previously within Mugen. Akito's version of the story on Capcom vs. Snk Mugen (my other screenpack) will be revamped, so consider THIS his official Akito story.

A few things to mention:

Guys, I need BETA-TESTERS, and if anyone else wants to join the project, it's very welcome.

The intention of the game is to create something simple and well standardized, what just doesn't make it a compilation is the fact that I made the Screenpack (thanks to OldGamer) and also worked on everything a little, to get a better result at the end of the composition.

More images (little outdated):

---> Story:

The story consists of a sacred scroll that is placed as a prize in a martial arts tournament, but there is more to it than that.

Events focus on Ryu, Kyo and Akito, where you understand everything better if you play with them.

I could talk more about the aesthetics of the game I used itself, but I don't want to make this post bigger than it already is, so enjoy, download and enjoy.

I hope you like it, it's a simple job but it was done with a lot of dedication and humility.

LINK UPDATED [01/01/2023]:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wj2u9vkt5s4cf9w/Dragon_Destiny_-_Burst_Version_%2528SEASON_2%2529.rar/file

OSU!
Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 05:26:02 am by Akito
Re: Dragon Destiny Project- Light Version [Updated]
#2  December 25, 2021, 08:03:45 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
I have to speak for his behalf this game is not a complication game and not even a sloppy joe I remember when he came to me to help him with the screen pack for the this full game on the next level for being made and I believe that he put a lot of time and hard work he generally actually asked everyone to help but they make this project a reality I have to agree this game should not be in the general discussion because it's not a sloppy joe game this was actually was thought out very carefully and was planned out very carefully this is not a complication game but a real full game for everyone to enjoy I love the gameplay I enjoyed it very much I tried it out I'll do there's a few things that I didn't like with the characters but that's okay but other than that everything was perfectly made and perfectly planned out for this holiday I just want to say is Merry Christmas to everyone this game was really awesome
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#3  December 25, 2021, 08:22:00 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Thanks for your words, sensei!
#4  December 25, 2021, 09:57:54 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Glad to see you drop this, sir.

I don't wanna go too far on feedback but I have this to say:
Some character version choices are better than others. I'd prefer DivineWolf's Kyosuke over Varo's because it has stuff the latter doesn't like Super Raijin Upper being a Launcher you can jump from, or Jmorphman's Benimaru over R@CE's since that latter has too much stuff compared to the former.
I'd also suggest disabling, for supposed balance, Akito's Chain Combos since I haven't seen chains with the other chars.

I can't help but also notice Akito's Story's only Part 1, curious. Nice to see some ongoing development for him and I hope to see the other original characters you have planned sooner or later.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#5  December 25, 2021, 11:04:55 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Glad to see you drop this, sir.

I don't wanna go too far on feedback but I have this to say:
Some character version choices are better than others. I'd prefer DivineWolf's Kyosuke over Varo's because it has stuff the latter doesn't like Super Raijin Upper being a Launcher you can jump from, or Jmorphman's Benimaru over R@CE's since that latter has too much stuff compared to the former.
I'd also suggest disabling, for supposed balance, Akito's Chain Combos since I haven't seen chains with the other chars.

I can't help but also notice Akito's Story's only Part 1, curious. Nice to see some ongoing development for him and I hope to see the other original characters you have planned sooner or later.

About Akito: It's intentional because he's the only OC in the game and I wanted to give him a differentiator, but I can change that in the next update.

About Kyosuke: I will switch to the Divinewolf version in the next update.

About Benimaru: My intention is to trade it, but Jmorphman's doesn't have multicolored sparks.

And about the rest of the OC's they are in production, and soon I'll bring news about Julia, Dampir is finalizing her sprites. Thanks for the support, I'm glad someone is interested in the story I created for this game!
#6  December 25, 2021, 11:11:19 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Oh! Nice! I will try it!
Thanks for sharing! Merry Xmas.
#7  December 26, 2021, 02:51:53 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
This is a wonderful Christmas Gift! Thank you, Akito!
#8  December 26, 2021, 06:37:43 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
#9  December 27, 2021, 01:39:57 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
First I want to congrat you on the release, I know you've been working on this for quite some time.

So I played it for a while, it plays good overall, but there are a few things I noticed and I have a few nitpicks.
  • There was debug flood when I played against Akito, idk if there is more occasions where this happens, but you might wanna check and fix it.
  • There is also a few things mispelled here and there, including my name on the credits, and also some grammar errors. I don't know if you care or not about that, as this doesn't affect the gameplay at all.

These are mostly nitpicks, you don't need to address them if you don't want.
  • I feel like there are too few stages... In an arcade run I did, I played like 8 fights in only 2 different stages... Idk if MUGEN's rng is bad, but I'd increase the number of stages.
  • The sound effect for the cursor moving doesn't match well with the rest of the screenpack (I remember saying the same thing on discord when you were making the screenpack). I'd look for a more... eastern sound that matches the aesthetic of the screenpack.
  • The portrait sprites in the select screen feels odd since they are not exactly double sized, don't know how to describe it but the pixels don't look good, and since there is plenty of space in the select screen, I'd suggest adjusting it.
  • I also suggest disabling the debug keys by default, leave them only when in debug mode.

Rowen already mentioned how a few characters choices are better than others and I agree, some characters feels a little unbalanced compared to others. It's hard to get consistency when mixing many characters from different authors. Disabling chain combos in chars that uses Infinite's system is just not enough.

Other than that, the aesthetic of the game is really good. The story is also interesting, I'd love to see other characters intros and endings and where they fit in the story.
Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 02:41:24 am by DєαthScythє
#10  December 27, 2021, 02:37:53 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Thanks for your feedback!

1- I'll check this.
2- If you say for me, I can fix all of these gramatical errors.
3- Will have more stages in update I making now.
4- Maybe I'll change this.
5- I'll check this, it could be that the portraits look better if I make them smaller so there won't be any distortion of them.
6- I forget about this, I'll fix.

Yeah, some characters get some frame-rate advantages over others, but I think the consistency of the game itself is okay. I'll check this in future for obtain a better result in balance of gameplay.
#11  December 30, 2021, 07:56:31 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Good Game Buddy!
Made a video of this!
Really enjoyed playing your game and looking forward to it!
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#12  December 30, 2021, 04:48:25 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Good Game Buddy!
Made a video of this!
Really enjoyed playing your game and looking forward to it!
[youtube]https://youtu.be/lTmQNzhI0CM[/youtube]

Thanks!

The upcoming update will make the game more polished, bringing additional content too, stay tuned!

#13  January 01, 2022, 07:40:35 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Happy new year guys, Burst version avaible in first post!
Re: Dragon Destiny Project- Burst Version [Happy new year!]
#14  January 02, 2022, 04:31:23 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
I'm totally going to give this a try, thanks dear buddy.
#15  January 03, 2022, 06:14:07 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
#16  January 04, 2022, 04:42:52 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I released a small patch today guys, go to first post.
#17  January 05, 2022, 11:28:20 pm
    • USA
This happened when Terry won:

As we all can see, Terry's "stance" was just another standard portrait.
#18  January 06, 2022, 02:45:39 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I fixed this in patch I released, see in the first post.
#19  January 06, 2022, 03:00:38 am
    • USA
Okay. I see you were on top of this. Nice work.
#20  January 06, 2022, 04:59:53 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Thanks!
#21  January 17, 2022, 04:23:47 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Guys, I'm working on additional content for the game and I thought I'd add Kung Fu Girl as one of the secret chars:

She is the version of Divinewolf with updated sprites. It will take a while to get ready because I'm doing it little by little, but if anyone wants to help me with the process I'll be grateful.

PS: I'm going to open a poll to ask: do I keep Finola's Kung Fu Man as a Bonus Game or use the Divinewolf version with the normal sprites? I like Finola's version, but Oggy's sprites have a different style than conventional CVS characters. It also has a disproportionate size in relation to Kung Fu Girl that I intend to add in the future.
#22  January 17, 2022, 04:55:58 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Cool!
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#23  January 20, 2022, 03:05:07 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I added the poll, you can vote guys.

So far, I'm thinking of using the Finola version because of the sprites, as the originals bother me, and I'm adjusting the sprites to have color separation to better fit the CVS aspect. I'm using a patch released by someone from the Forum, but I can't remember its name.

I also modified the value of its size in cns to be in the same proportion as the other chars, now the result is making me more comfortable with these sprites.

PS: To be faster I could use the Divine version because of the char quality that is great, having color separation and a voice created for the character, but I didn't do that precisely because of the sprites, so I believe that the version of Finola might be the one I choose in the end.

The KFG I'll add it once I'm done changing the sprites and tweaking its animations. It will take time, unfortunately.
Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 03:10:15 am by Akito
#24  February 23, 2022, 04:22:54 pm
    • USA
#25  February 23, 2022, 05:15:19 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Oh man, thanks for your feedback, in this week I'll release a new update with this problem fixed too!
#26  February 27, 2022, 09:00:39 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Hey guys, SEASON 1 of Dragon Destiny is released!

[changelog 27-02-2022]:

- 8 new chars: Guy, Ralf, Ryu EX, Ken EX, Kyo EX, Iori EX, Kung Fu Man and Evil Kung Fu Man.
- 2 new stages (variations of Desert stage);
- All chars now have multicolored sparks and no Custom Combo and Max Mode (all gameplay is standardized);
- Changed some screenpack sounds to a more oriental style;
- Fixed the victory portraits of Terry, Daimon and Benimaru;
- Changed Rugal and God Rugal for Karma's version;
- Changed Vega for Fausto's version;
- Changed Makoto (Varo_Hades) for Tiffany (Rhythmical);
- Ibuki is removed, but will be added in future SEASONS again;

More details in first post.

Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 03:00:14 am by Akito
Re: Dragon Destiny Project- Burst Version [SEASON 2 released!]
#27  January 02, 2023, 02:48:55 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
SEASON 2 IS OUT GUYS, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!

The year 2022 was VERY difficult for me, as I lost a great friend who was also a collaborator on the project. He was responsible for creating Julia's art, his name was Manoel Junior. He passed away due to a domestic accident and this was his Deviantart link:

https://www.deviantart.com/mppjr

It was a very difficult time for me, so I dedicate this update to him, thank you very much my friend. Julia is practically ready, but I won't add her to the project until the next update.

PS: I formatted my computer and lost the list of things I updated in this Season 2 but I'll try to add that information later but I can't guarantee it, sorry guys.

Nevermind, I found my notes and added it to the changelog.

The link are in first post.
Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 05:20:12 pm by Akito
Re: Dragon Destiny Project- Burst Version [SEASON 2 released!]
#28  January 04, 2023, 07:50:31 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I hope you enjoy the game once you try it out, and right now I'm working on Season 3, which will give even more story details.

Despite being in the same universe as Street Fighter and The King of Fighters, Dragon Destiny has an original story with original characters as well, where I worked on standardization so that everyone has the same features and graphics in POTS gameplay.

PS: At the beginning my friend Falcon Rapper was working on this project, but he is not active on Mugen anymore, so I had to make some changes unfortunately, but in the end I think the result was satisfactory.

Thanks!