YesNoOk

KoF XIV (Read 2069502 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, September 15, 2015, 09:35:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XIV
#1741  March 31, 2016, 10:32:54 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

Screenshot of the Day. It has Athena and the old man.
#1742  March 31, 2016, 11:45:15 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its 2016, mortal kombat shouldnt be the only property that knows how to work mirroring. 

What is different in the last MK games when compared to the other 3D ones? I don't recall them doing anything particularly different when it came to mirroring besides allowing you to change your stance with the press of a button, which was a useless thing they added for no reason.

At least from nine onwards they kept the designs in a way that characters attacked without swapping parts from left and right, so kano robot eye would be on the right place no matter if he was ont he left or right. turning their backs if they flipped during an attack as well. Sure it was  kinda useless but graphical wise things looked way more natural than having claws and design elements like swords and scabbards flipping sides when jumped over.

Its just really awkward to see stuff like a character with one mechanical arm and the mechanical arm changes depending on which side they are on. Or something stupider like how in MVC3 captain america saluted with the left hand when taunting on the wrong side of the screen ( even msh made that right by giving him two taunting animations depending on where he was )
#1743  March 31, 2016, 11:50:12 am
How exactly would you want to handle a samurai who has a move that involves sheathing his sword in a dramatic way then unsheahing it to strike, in a 2D setting (but in 3D) where the slashing arm will always be toward the background (or toward the screen, whichever)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1744  March 31, 2016, 11:55:18 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
design them in a way that the pose looks cool seen from either side, like tekken and soul calibur does it.
#1745  March 31, 2016, 12:03:19 pm
Right, so ditch the 2D aspect entirely then. That's just not happening.
The question isn't that they're coding it wrong, it's that they're going for something you don't want. Don't play 2D fighters ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1746  March 31, 2016, 12:04:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Mortal kombat did it without ditching the 2d aspect, the character just has his back facing the screen or is more centered during the move.
#1747  March 31, 2016, 12:08:12 pm
But MK is ugly. And it can't handle someone like Moriya or Hibiki in Last Blade. Or most weapon users that don't just have the same on each hand.
#1748  March 31, 2016, 12:09:28 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Having the back facing the screen is ditching the 2D aspect. You should never see their back in the stance unless that's what the stance actually is. Having them change how the audience sees the stance depending on the side is dumb and ditching 2D aesthetics.
#1749  March 31, 2016, 12:16:38 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Having the back facing the screen is ditching the 2D aspect. You should never see their back in the stance unless that's what the stance actually is. Having them change how the audience sees the stance depending on the side is dumb and ditching 2D aesthetics.

its far more awkward having characters without symetrical designs changing arms. I kinda dont mind when its about swords and scabbards , even Vega claw, but it becomes really weird when its stuff like Spencer or Cable.
#1750  March 31, 2016, 12:21:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'd rather them do this than make ugly stance changes depending on which side they are on. While playing you get emersed in the game and don't think about the arm. The stance being different can be a lot more disorienting.
#1751  March 31, 2016, 01:05:12 pm
I'm fine with it as is. Making people memorize a "second" set of animations because graphics is silly, leave that stuff in 3D fighters. Mortal Kombat kinda plays like a 3D fighter in a 2D pane with it's strings and whatnot, so it makes sense for them to have stance changes.

Sure the swapping parts pending on side is jarring in this new time, but people who know 2D fighters won't mind because it's what they're used to.
#1752  March 31, 2016, 03:52:43 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:09:45 pm by videoman
#1753  March 31, 2016, 05:03:47 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller

Bea

#1754  March 31, 2016, 05:08:56 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I like how Joe was never announced, he just get to be shown taking a beating from Geese. :P

Now, why Ryo and not Mr. Karate II? :(
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1755  March 31, 2016, 05:09:56 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
The first half of that trailer... I just LOL'd.

I'm buying this game day 1... it's seriously beaten all hype trains before it for me. :)
#1756  March 31, 2016, 05:11:16 pm
the first part of the trailer made me think geese was limited to one move and one move only

Now, why Ryo and not Mr. Karate II? :(
why would they do that

Bea

#1757  March 31, 2016, 05:14:37 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1758  March 31, 2016, 05:16:03 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Too soon for Mr Karate II

Geese looks awesome. Poor Joe, lol.
#1759  March 31, 2016, 05:19:27 pm
Geese is finally back, about time.

All the returnees have their signature look more or less, it'd be inconsistent for Ryo to appear as Karate II.
Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:24:40 pm by GSN
#1760  March 31, 2016, 05:26:03 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I'm glad Ryo has blond hair and not red hair like in XII-XIII