YesNoOk

MoveHitReset (SCTRL) (Read 5794 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, October 30, 2015, 03:31:20 pm
Share this topic:
MoveHitReset (SCTRL)
#1  October 30, 2015, 03:31:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Resets the movehit flag to 0. That is, after executing MoveHitReset, the triggers MoveContact, MoveGuarded, and MoveHit will all return 0.

Required parameters:
none

Optional parameters:
none

Example:
none
Re: MoveHitReset (SCTRL)
#2  February 02, 2017, 03:51:16 pm
I decided to restudy Mugen and I only just learned about this SCTRL yesterday. D:

Seems useful for a couple problems I ran into with MoveContact and MoveHit, namely multi-hitting moves in the same state. Are there any other situations where this controller would be good to use?
Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:56:00 pm by Niitris
#3  February 02, 2017, 04:03:07 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
maybe visually if u want the move to showcase how many hits it can do if the move has several parts.
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#4  February 03, 2017, 03:41:58 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Warusaki and I use it mainly for the groove point system so that each hit is active for 1 tick and exactly 1 tick. MoveHit, MoveGuarded, and MoveContact don't provide this, so this was the easiest solution. You can apply the same logic to hitsparks and the like. The tradeoff is that you'll need to recreate the triggers I just mentioned in other variables (which I do in helper 247).

However, if I came up with it myself today, I'd probably do it differently. But it definitely has its uses.