YesNoOk

DeathScythe WIPs (Read 131258 times)

Started by Yuko, July 05, 2018, 09:06:25 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Which command you prefer for Messatsu Gou Rasen (Akuma's Super Tatsu)?

QCF QCF Kick
QCB QCB Kick
Re: DeathScythe WIPs: Sakura
#121  January 28, 2023, 02:13:00 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
That looks good indeed :D

#122  January 28, 2023, 08:39:26 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

This is great! You nailed it.
I was not sure my stomp part would look good, because I didn't tested the animation before to send it to you.
But is looks perfect.

My only tweak would be in binding of opponent. (Even if I'm pretty sure it's still WIP)
I would adjust Sakura position to stomp a bit closer to upper body of opponent. So she actually stomp the chest too.

I took a reference here.

I'm liking more and more this Sakura of yours. ^^
#123  January 28, 2023, 03:45:15 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Absolutely love the look of it without having to do a single camera change!
#124  January 28, 2023, 04:15:07 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I don't want to make anyone edit any more sprites, haha, but it's a bit weird how she dives facing one direction and lands facing another one.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#125  January 28, 2023, 06:24:28 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I don't want to make anyone edit any more sprites, haha, but it's a bit weird how she dives facing one direction and lands facing another one.

I asked myself about it, too.
But it definitly looks good to me.

It adds some kind of twisting effect to the move itself, making it even more dynamic.
This is also what I like in mugen, when stuffs are not perfectly accurate in term of animation.
#126  January 28, 2023, 07:23:05 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Thanks everyone for the comments!

My only tweak would be in binding of opponent. (Even if I'm pretty sure it's still WIP)
I would adjust Sakura position to stomp a bit closer to upper body of opponent. So she actually stomp the chest too.

Yeah, as I said, I still have to adjust the positions. It's hard because not every character have the same height. For example, when testing against KFM she lands in his stomach, but testing against herself she lands a bit lower, see what I mean? But I'll do my best to adjust it. Glad that you liked it!

Absolutely love the look of it without having to do a single camera change!

I always thought the other version of this move was weird with that black screen transition, so I went for a more smooth movement. Good to know that people liked it!

I thought the same thing, but honestly, in game the animation is so fast you don't even notice. You may notice if you stare at it for some time. And in my defense, Capcom did this all the time too! They recycled sprites in some animations that looks a little odd (one example is after her Shun Goku Satsu, Sakura has the back pose sprite, but not the turning animation, they reused one of the punch sprites I think?), so... I think it looks good anyway. ;D
#127  February 09, 2023, 12:30:05 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Hey everyone. This may be lazyness from my part, but I'm really bad at Color Separating sprites, and there are a few sprites that were not included in the CSed .sff I'm using. If someone can CS them for me I'll be really greateful! It's about 20 sprites. I'll provide them alongside the CS template:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/58f0210hfe8h2mh/SakuraCS.rar/file
Thanks in advance.

Progress is going good, all moves are coded already, I'm doing intros and winposes now. :)
#128  February 09, 2023, 01:24:38 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
CSing? I'm on it. Gimme a bit!
#129  February 09, 2023, 01:32:19 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

are you planning to add intro for shingo?
#130  February 09, 2023, 01:50:42 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#131  February 09, 2023, 02:07:20 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
CSing? I'm on it. Gimme a bit!

Thank you very much!! :coollove:

are you planning to add intro for shingo?

Yes, and all the other special intros she can possible have.

Oh, and I think it might be a good time to bring up a debate (maybe even make a poll):
Dark Sakura in the games she appears don't have an alternate stance (it's the same as normal Sakura) however there are sprites for an alternate stance (borrowed from PotS Sakura :mhmm: ), and also she can transform mid fight at the cost of some power bars. Would you guys want it? I thought about making these as options in the config.txt, so people can easily enable or disable it. For now she can't transform and has the same animation for both versions.
#132  February 09, 2023, 02:23:33 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
she can transform mid fight at the cost of some power bars. Would you guys want it? I thought about making these as options in the config.txt, so people can easily enable or disable it. For now she can't transform and has the same animation for both versions.

A config would be nice. I know the transformation was a thing in MvC2, but it's not something she's really known for, and transformations, while not some something you see everyday for this style and would be cool to see, aren't that fit for it IMO.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#133  February 09, 2023, 03:23:40 am
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil

Oh, and I think it might be a good time to bring up a debate (maybe even make a poll):
Dark Sakura in the games she appears don't have an alternate stance (it's the same as normal Sakura) however there are sprites for an alternate stance (borrowed from PotS Sakura :mhmm: ), and also she can transform mid fight at the cost of some power bars. Would you guys want it? I thought about making these as options in the config.txt, so people can easily enable or disable it. For now she can't transform and has the same animation for both versions.

The stance I think that it depends on what you want with the dark mode, do you plan to make her an evil counterpart or just an alternative/powered up version of Sakura? If it's the first go with the alternate stance, at least this is what I would do.

About the transformation I would like to have the option to choose if I want it or not, but with the transform being disabled by default.
#134  February 09, 2023, 04:43:17 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Hey everyone. This may be lazyness from my part, but I'm really bad at Color Separating sprites, and there are a few sprites that were not included in the CSed .sff I'm using. If someone can CS them for me I'll be really greateful! It's about 20 sprites. I'll provide them alongside the CS template:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/58f0210hfe8h2mh/SakuraCS.rar/file
Thanks in advance.

Progress is going good, all moves are coded already, I'm doing intros and winposes now. :)

Glad to know there is a lot of progress here!
You version of Sakura will be epic!

Also a question : which CS spriteset have you used for your Sakura? Any link. (I'm curious)
Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 07:27:06 am by Momotaro
#135  February 09, 2023, 10:27:15 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Yeah, I'll put them in config.txt. They will be both disabled by default. If you think about it, Dark Sakura is not "evil" (look at her bio in MHSvsSF lol).

which CS spriteset have you used for your Sakura? Any link. (I'm curious)

I already linked to it in previous posts but is this one:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/pots-sakura-cs-patch-frozshinrei-187664.0.html
Keep in mind that I rearranged, realigned and added sprites in the .sff (the CS itself remains the same).
#136  February 09, 2023, 11:20:19 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Yeah, I'll put them in config.txt. They will be both disabled by default. If you think about it, Dark Sakura is not "evil" (look at her bio in MHSvsSF lol).

which CS spriteset have you used for your Sakura? Any link. (I'm curious)

I already linked to it in previous posts but is this one:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/pots-sakura-cs-patch-frozshinrei-187664.0.html
Keep in mind that I rearranged, realigned and added sprites in the .sff (the CS itself remains the same).

Thanks!
Sorry, I sometimes need to double check when reading english when I'm tired ^^;
#137  March 18, 2023, 02:24:18 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 02:39:29 am by DeathScythe
#138  March 18, 2023, 05:12:49 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Great!! :D
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#139  March 18, 2023, 09:35:35 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Re: DeathScythe WIPs
#140  April 22, 2023, 02:45:49 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I have started the next thing on my "to do" list, which is... update my old characters. Right now working on Akuma.
The plans are:
- Accurate hitboxes
- Accurate animation timings
- Messatsu Gou Rasen and Messatsu Gou Senpuu (Super Tatsu / Air Super Tatsu)
- Better AI
- More special intros
- Extended CS
- Bug fixes, CNS clean up, etc.

And one thing that I always found intriguing is that his super tatsu in source is either QCF QCF K (SF3) or QCF 2K (MvC2), but in Mugen some authors use QCB instead. It's understandable since normal tatsu is performed with QCB. Which one you guys prefer? I have put up a poll.
Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 02:52:30 am by DeathScythe