YesNoOk

[Vinnie Thread]: Minazuki Sho and Shadow Yosuke Released (04/13/2024) (Read 1467333 times)

Started by Vinnie, February 02, 2022, 02:43:36 am
Share this topic:
Re: [Ichida Thread]: Kouma Kishima Released (11/08/2022)
#181  November 10, 2022, 05:42:15 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Re: [Ichida Thread]: Kouma Kishima Released (11/08/2022)
#182  November 10, 2022, 05:39:53 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 09:23:27 pm by GreatFunk
Re: [Ichida Thread]: Weiss Schnee Released (11/30/2022)
#183  November 30, 2022, 04:56:47 am
    • Vietnam

Weiss Schnee has been released.

More Screenshots
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Video Showcase

Get Weiss here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ycYcL9bU4-O0KvQ6Am1jlrBKjIe5Qeci/view

All of my characters can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oX_Cm8ARtGi3LkNs0fGF_QkIGtXb1p4j

Here's the link to my Google site where I usually update news and add-ons:
https://sites.google.com/view/ichida-mugen-projects

Added Uzuki Shimamura's Japanese voice patch for Weiss Schnee. Get it on my Google Site.

Spoiler: Coming soon. (click to see content)
#184  November 30, 2022, 05:03:53 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
you mad legend. time to test her out.
#185  November 30, 2022, 02:46:03 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
I found an error for your Akiha that her charged j5C is unrecoverable when you hit the opponent many times, making an (invalid) infinite combo.
https://streamable.com/oyn8l9
#186  November 30, 2022, 03:28:55 pm
    • Vietnam
Fixed.
#187  December 01, 2022, 12:24:42 pm
    • USA
Hey Ichida, how are you doing and Happy belated Thanksgiving. Great work on this Ice Queen of the RWBY team.And the special intro that she has is very clever and nice since the original K-4-6-Orochi didn't have a special intro with Robo-Weiss. Also if you mind me asking a couple questions(I did post these comments on the showcase video but since the forum is back up, I decided to post them here.)
1. What was it like making Weiss, your first RWBY character?
2. What was the inspiration behind picking Strider as the next BBTAG style character and do you plan on making more MVC BBTAG style character and if so is it gonna be only the Capcom side or is the Marvel side also potential candidates for development.

And on a side note, I love the new banner that you have featuring Adachi and Ruby, basically one of my favorite teams in BBTAG.

"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#188  December 01, 2022, 01:25:56 pm
Hey Ichida, how are you doing and Happy belated Thanksgiving. Great work on this Ice Queen of the RWBY team.And the special intro that she has is very clever and nice since the original K-4-6-Orochi didn't have a special intro with Robo-Weiss. Also if you mind me asking a couple questions(I did post these comments on the showcase video but since the forum is back up, I decided to post them here.)
2. What was the inspiration behind picking Strider as the next BBTAG style character and do you plan on making more MVC BBTAG style character and if so is it gonna be only the Capcom side or is the Marvel side also potential candidates for development.

And on a side note, I love the new banner that you have featuring Adachi and Ruby, basically one of my favorite teams in BBTAG.

you do know thanksgiving already happened way back
#189  December 01, 2022, 02:38:28 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I found two errors on Weiss that I noticed on P2 side and a very minor one:
-The dodge dust on her forward dodge is not aligned and is slightly lower.
-For some reason, the invalid message doesn't appear on P2 side if she as P2 performs combos where the opponent would've been able to recover.

I also found out that the latter bug applies to Kouma as well (It seems only those two are affected). Since you'll have to fix that on him, I decided to do some small fixes to the small portrait as well as I noticed some off-placed pixels:

you do know thanksgiving already happened way back
That's why he said "belated" for a reason. Plus the forum was down during for the entire Thanksgiving week, so he wouldn't have be able to say it here that day.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#190  December 01, 2022, 04:07:28 pm
    • Vietnam
All fixed.

Also, Weiss's Cirno palette now is number 9 and her Esdeath's palette is number 4. I got that idea slipped by yesterday but it should be fixed now.

Hey Ichida, how are you doing and Happy belated Thanksgiving.
I'm doing good and everything is alright. Thank you for your wishes.

1. It was a lot of fun since I had the opportunity to mess around with her aesthetics. I wish I could have more words to say about the process but that's all what I can tell.

2. Initially, I wanted to make my own Strider Hiryu since last year but the idea was scrapped due to his lo-res sprites since back then I only focused on making hi-res characters. Then recently my friend just bought MvCI and invited me to play with him on the weekends. I picked Hiryu and got the opportunity to get used to his control as well as his MvCI moveset. And suddenly, the idea which was scrapped long time ago came back to me again. At the end of the day, I made up my mind that I'm gonna make my own version of Hiryu despite of his sprites quality and that explained why did I chose Strider Hiryu for my next character. Also,

#191  December 01, 2022, 10:55:50 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Weiss is a lot of fun so far, congrats on another solid release. Have you considered ever using any other Arc Sys game sprites like Hokuto No Ken or the Sengoku Basara X ones? I feel like both of those would make for some excellent additions, looking forward to your Strider in the future, I'm assuming for the Astral Heat you could even use some of those frames of animation he had from Project X Zone too
#192  December 02, 2022, 02:08:13 am
    • Vietnam
Have you considered ever using any other Arc Sys game sprites like Hokuto No Ken or the Sengoku Basara X ones? I feel like both of those would make for some excellent additions, looking forward to your Strider in the future,
Hokuto No Ken and Sengoku Basara X are the games which I'm not familiar with, but I'll consider this. I still have Blade Strangers and Skullgirls to dig in yet haven't decided who to make also.

I'm assuming for the Astral Heat you could even use some of those frames of animation he had from Project X Zone too
Ooh, now this is something for some reason I didn't come up with in the first place. Thank you for your suggestion.
Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 12:03:25 pm by Ichida
#193  December 02, 2022, 04:48:33 am
    • USA
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#194  December 02, 2022, 05:38:32 pm
  • uhee~
I have a question
Are you planning to update your past characters (Hakumen to Miyuki) with custom palettes?
They don't have custom palettes, and they used from BBTAG (Miyuki's palettes are used from Kohaku's)
#195  December 02, 2022, 06:32:00 pm
    • Vietnam
Hey Ichida, here are some links to resources of sprites, portraits, and animation from Project X Zone and Project X Zone 2.

Project X Zone:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/3ds/projectxzone/

Project X Zone 2:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/3ds/projectxzone2/

Project X Zone 2 sounds:

https://www.sounds-resource.com/3ds/projectxzone2/?source=genre

Hopefully this helps you out with making Strider Hiryu.
I got the PXZ2 cut-in added for Hiryu but thank you anyway.

I have a question
Are you planning to update your past characters (Hakumen to Miyuki) with custom palettes?
They don't have custom palettes, and they used from BBTAG (Miyuki's palettes are used from Kohaku's)
Maybe not right now, but they will eventually.
#196  December 02, 2022, 09:19:13 pm
Very nice to see Weiss getting a proper up to date version.

Hopefully Rise Kujikawa from P4AU will get a similar treatment one day.
#197  December 03, 2022, 03:23:20 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Have you considered ever using any other Arc Sys game sprites like Hokuto No Ken or the Sengoku Basara X ones? I feel like both of those would make for some excellent additions, looking forward to your Strider in the future,
Hokuto No Ken and Sengoku Basara X are the games which I'm not familiar with, but I'll consider this. I still have Blade Strangers and Skullgirls to dig in yet haven't decided who to make also.

I'm assuming for the Astral Heat you could even use some of those frames of animation he had from Project X Zone too
Ooh, now this is something for some reason I didn't come up with in the first place. Thank you for your suggestion.

Glad my suggestion helped, I'm sure it'll make the Astral Finish just a little cooler haha. I would almost suggest if someday you did do Sengoku Basara X or Hokuto No Ken, maybe the Sengoku Basara characters would translate a bit easier just since they already use a 3 button system with the 4th button being specifically for assists, which you probably wouldn't use. Either way I look forward to seeing what else you can do with Blade Strangers or Skullgirls too!
#198  December 06, 2022, 07:35:58 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Oh nice, the third RWBY char get's the EXA update, so gameplay feels better

Only issue in my opinion is the ICE effect on one of the Supers (D,F,D,F, A+B) is the trail of ice could definitely look better (specially the resolution/quality), but will admit I don't particularly remember how looks In BBTAG.

#199  December 10, 2022, 05:58:42 am
  • Nowhere to work on, nothin to do.
    • sites.google.com/view/walruso-mugen-site/home
#200  December 10, 2022, 06:54:07 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines