YesNoOk

Nep Heart Thread: Eri and Shana Released (Read 240113 times)

Started by Nep Heart, July 22, 2019, 05:05:51 am
Share this topic:
Re: Nep MUGEN Thread: Akari Ichijou released, all other characters updated
#41  February 01, 2020, 12:56:10 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Went ahead and updated everyone seeing as Eri's drastically different universal mechanics have no impact on them.

All Generation 1 characters:

- Adjusted custom hitfall.
- Adjusted hit velocities to compensate.
- Corrected more aesthetic errors.

Kadokawa characters:

- Increased scaling on first hit of Combo Blast.

EFZ characters:

- Reduced damage on all normals.

Akari Ichijou:

- Corrected some gethit bugs for clone.
- Adjusted AI.
- Adjusted clone's AI.
- Slightly increased air dash start-up.
Re: Nep MUGEN Thread: Eri Hasumi released, all other characters updated
#42  February 17, 2020, 11:55:44 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7rwv08

Eri escapes from Blade Noa and enters the MUGEN world to seek freedom. This characters is the first of many things; the first to made by me in a brand new mechanic, the first character to be made by me in 2020, the first hi-res character made by me, the first Vanguard Princess character made by me and so on. Considering this is an experimental system that differs greatly from Generation 1 as my previous stuff were made under, Generation 2 is a fresh new experience that definitely will continued to be polished in the near future that requires a different approach.

Get her here and have fun: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37Dikl3NylQ4gUYucK_u?e=Za6mUC

As usual, updates to my previous stuff correspond to the new release.

- Adjusted damage and damage scaling ratios of normal; more damage per hit, but scales more per attack.
- Minimum damage scaling for normals and specials increased to 12.5%
- Tweak hitstun decay.
- Tweak Guard Crush animations.
- Revised juggle expiration knockdown.
- Change tech and ground hit sounds.

Homura Akemi:

- Reduced projectile untechable time.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Restored projectile limiter.
- Decreaesed projectile untechable time.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Reduced projectile and assist untechable time.

Doppel Nanase:

- Loosened input for Human Floor-Burning Polisher.

Miyako Arima:

- Non EX Shin-Kyaku versions have slightly longer hitbox duration and hitbox comes out earlier.
- Tweak AI.

Youmu Konapku:

- Corrected Spell Bonus failure for Lotus Stance Cut.

Akari Ichijou:

- Added projectile limiter.
- Decreased projectile untechable time.
- Tweaked AI.
#43  February 18, 2020, 07:34:44 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Been keeping my eye on this one for a while and wanted to take a look when she's released, here's some feedback on her:
-The hitsparks and guard sparks appears half a second late during Feather Roll when it connects.
-The hitspark appear half a second late on the last hit of y Bead Smash.
-The jump sound effect plays after the hitspark appears during Air Spike and Stinger Spike.
-A 7th hitspark appears during Stinger Spike when it only hit 6 times.
-The 1st hitspark is the only large hitspark instead of the last one during Stinger Spike.
-There is no landing sound effect when she touches the ground at the end of Feather Roll.
-Landing effects are not properly aligned not as she slides a bit when she touches the ground during a forward/backwards jump and dash.
-The landing effect is bigger than normal after touching the ground during Air Spike and Stinger Spike.
-The landing effect is smaller during one of her intros where she lands on her butt during Intro 2 (Probably intentional, but thought I mention it).
-There is a landing effect when jumping and the beginning of Feather Roll (I know it's a new style of yours, but it feels off when it's there as well as there's no sound effect for it).
-It feels off to have a landing sound effect when she never left the ground during the end of the running animation and Reverse Sobat (Should have it's own sliding effect and sound instead).

The feedback is mostly about the Generation 2 style than Eri herself. The gameplay itself is fine, but do keep in mind about the aesthetics when making more characters in the style. Overall, I find this new style interesting and I hope to see more of it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#44  February 18, 2020, 01:40:01 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thanks for the release NH !
Looks very good!

BTW, is there a way to have a picture preview of your other characters.
I see a lot of names, beside of SNK, Melty Blood and few other characters, I have no idea who are all these characters.

I think I already tried some of them before, but some others I have no clue.
Thanks
#45  February 18, 2020, 08:05:48 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Great version of Eri, really enjoy the new system. :)
#46  February 18, 2020, 09:56:17 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 To address some issues, I've went ahead and updated Eri, Miyako and Akari.

Eri Hasumi:

- Corrected many aesthetics.
- Tweaked Stun damage formula.

Miyako Arima:

- Corrected posadd for Chou-Shinchuu EX. Also corrected bug in which the AI will use the move 1 frame early from hitstun recovery.

Akari Ichijou:

- Corrected hitvelset for KO override.

Those unknown "names" are mostly character groups corresponding by series or collection of series. SNK = Hotaru Futaba and Akari Ichijou, Melty Blood = Miyako Arima and so on since gameplay for Generation 1 are tiered between universal, series and character specific mechanics. @Ned

Anyway, seeing as the character has been received fairly well privately and publicly, I decided to do yet another first time thing; opened a poll to allow votes for who I will work on next for Generation 2. I already have a character planned out after finishing Eri, so, the voted character will be made after I release my next character.
#47  February 18, 2020, 11:23:08 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  Those unknown "names" are mostly character groups corresponding by series or collection of series. SNK = Hotaru Futaba and Akari Ichijou, Melty Blood = Miyako Arima and so on since gameplay for Generation 1 are tiered between universal, series and character specific mechanics. @Ned

Oh thanks.
By "name" I was more like talking about some actual character names.
Akyuu, Doppel, Nayuki... I think it's anime girls or Touhou stuff.

Anyway, I will google it and find out. Or just try all your characters, actually they are good, so why not :)
#48  February 18, 2020, 11:36:07 pm
in the votes list, did you not already do both hotaru and miyako?
#49  February 18, 2020, 11:40:28 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Yes, but they were made in Generation 1 style, which is a drastically different gameplay style all things considering. It's sorta similar to how RicePigeon has remade characters, although I would say the "remakes" would end up more significant between Gen 1 and 2.
#50  February 19, 2020, 12:32:01 am
  • Self Taught Big Man
  • kanye west 2
    • USA
the contrast between anime sounds and the meaty unga XIII-ish gameplay is amazing and I can't wait for more
yall bes be movin along now
#51  February 19, 2020, 06:35:24 am
    • USA
Looks like a good portion of the aesthetics are fixed. However, I got some issues regarding them and found a few more:
-The last hit of Stinger Spike is small while the hitspark of the first hit of Stinger Raid is large even though they both has the same (1,4) hit sound.
-The landing sound effect plays half a second late when the last hit of Feather Roll connects and Eri is already on the ground.
-Swing sound plays before the swing during standing Blowback Attack.
-The hitsparks on any of her jumping attacks when hitting the opponent in the air is misaligned.
-Eri doesn't stay still as she slides a bit after landing from a jump and the landing effect is placed where she landed.

It looks like you still have the same effect when both jumping and landing. I guess it's intentional for your style, but it's hard to know what you are going for since it's new and unfamiliar. I personally don't like it as it looks like it plays twice when trying to jump right after landing.

Also while I was testing, I realized the sprites, hitboxes and some of the portraits are the same as Sennou-Room's. If you planning to make Yukina next and use his resources like Eri, do put his name in the credits next time.
#52  February 19, 2020, 06:59:29 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Also while I was testing, I realized the sprites, hitboxes and some of the portraits are the same as Sennou-Room's. If you planning to make Yukina next and use his resources like Eri, do put his name in the credits next time.

Tbf, Sennou-Room took all his Eri resources from ZSM, so, not sure if it would even be correct credit to attribute it to the latter, but I think it's moot because I've always took the SFF and AIR files from pre-existing characters ever since Sayaka, so, you're kinda super late on that.
#53  February 19, 2020, 07:48:09 am
    • USA
Tbf, Sennou-Room took all his Eri resources from ZSM, so, not sure if it would even be correct credit to attribute it to the latter, but I think it's moot because I've always took the SFF and AIR files from pre-existing characters ever since Sayaka, so, you're kinda super late on that.
Ah, I see. The only reason why I noticed it now as you used the same lifebar portrait as his. Not sure if Sennou made it or already exists. It makes sense for the sprites themselves come to think about it.

As for the AIR file personally, I still would as I wouldn't had done all the work by myself since they done them from scratch. I wouldn't want to get in trouble with other authors for using their AIR files without proper credits. I'll be honest and admit I'm also using the existing hitboxes for my WIPs as they were still unfinished or incomplete. Probably why I was this late as I didn't get around doing feedback until a certain Generation 1 character (Don't remember which one).
#54  February 22, 2020, 10:28:20 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 I was probably inevitably going to make a number of mistakes with these hitsparks on my first try since hi-res hitsparks are a whole different ballgame to work with. Anyway, unless I get reports of game breaking bugs, this will be the last update I'll be doing for Eri in a while until the next Gen 2 release.

Eri Hasumi:

- Corrected more aesthetic issues.
#55  March 11, 2020, 08:15:51 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Right, so, the poll ended yesterday and now I can actually see the results from both MFG and MFFA respectively.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Lilith is the winner for Generation 2's next project, which I'll start when I get far enough into Neptune's development. Thanks for participating, everyone!
Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:23:35 am by Nep Heart
#56  March 11, 2020, 10:11:54 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Yes! female grapplers are badass!
#57  March 22, 2020, 09:48:20 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Thanks to Inkrebuchet, I've found a solution to universalize hit friction against targets regardless of their friction constant. If you've noticed how grounded combos would fail against specific characters who are rather slippery (i.e.: sudara13's characters), it's likely their friction value and this solves that problem now.

- Fixed issue in which all sounds would cut off if canceled into supers from multi-hit moves.
- Removed instant air dashing to avoid accidental inputs.
- Corrected hitfall FX error.
- Reassigned some archetypes according to optimization findings.
- Revised Guard Crush formula.
- Revised cornerpush formula to follow according to hitstun decay timer.
- Added custom hit friction, now allowing grounded combos to work on slippery characters.

Touhou Project:

- Simplified Brave Guard.

Melty Blood:

- Shield can now be held at cost of power.
- Power gain from shielding now scales based on Heat gauge.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

-Increased duration of Itsuki by 50%.

Miyako Arima:

- Crouching Light now OTGs.
- Completely overhauled AI.

Akari Ichijou:

- Reduced Hagure Hitogata's life to 200.
- Corrected error in which invulnerability did not trigger in pre-pillar frames of Harai Tenku.
- Damage for Shikigami Hyakkiyakou increased.
- Tweaked AI.
- Whiffed air throw has a hitbox on the way down instead of only when hitting the ground and has a faster descent.

Eri Hasumi:

- Increased guard damage for Power Style normals.
- Slightly increased leniency for Deflect.
- Tweaked AI.
- Corrected read me error for Stinger Rush's command.
- Corrected certain hitsparks not appearing during P2 KO.
- Corrected afterimage error for Supersoldier Strength during custom states.
- Added custom hit friction, now allowing grounded combos to work on slippery characters.
#58  March 23, 2020, 08:20:17 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Quick update due to a minor mathematical typo that leads to an otherwise huge consequence.

- Corrected error in cornerpush that makes it eventually reverse instead of increase.
#59  March 23, 2020, 11:34:28 am
    • USA
Just tested Eri. But for some reason, an old bug presented itself once again:
-The hitsparks and guard sparks appears half a second late during Feather Roll and the 1st and last hits of Stinger Spike when it connects.

Since I mentioned that too, the hitspark on the last hit of Stinger Spike should also be large just like Stinger Raid since it uses the same hit sound as well. You might want to take a look at that.
#60  March 27, 2020, 12:23:12 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Made small gameplay and aesthetic updates for Eri.

- Corrected hitspark timing in certain moves desynchronizing 1 frame too late.
- Corrected cornerpush on Bead Smash pushing too far.