YesNoOk

"PotS style" Demitri Maximoff (Updated with new hi-res effects!!!) (Read 4064 times)

Started by Jmorphman, March 08, 2019, 03:07:15 am
Share this topic:
"PotS style" Demitri Maximoff (Updated with new hi-res effects!!!)
#1  March 08, 2019, 03:07:15 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

but first, a preface, because the last release thread didn't go so well:
This is based on PotS's Lei-Lei, so the gameplay isn't exactly the same as my other characters; there is a much stronger Darkstalkers influence. That means Demitri does not have power charge, parry, custom combo, etc. That does not mean that he is a beta, nor is he incomplete. Those gameplay features will not be added in the future. He has other, unique features to make up for this!

that was all pretty excessive, sorry. Anyhoo... now (finally), his effects are all done! And a few other updates:
- Added sidestep and roll forward/backward
 - Disabled Chain combo during low jump
 - Added timer for Darkside Master
 - Added hi-res effects by NDSilva
 - Added alternate SvC/Project X Zone voice pack by Project.13
 - Added smoothed out stance animation by ink (the original stance is still available as an option)
 - Aerial Chaos Flare minimum height made more lenient
 - Midnight Bliss heart separated out from Demitri's sprite, so EX move PalFX no longer affects it
 - CFJ style Midnight Bliss jazzed up a bit (added white screen flash and blood spray)
 - Darkside Master bats gradually fade in when summoned, instead of just appearing instantly
 - Fixed minor error in Darkside Master where ocasionally a bat could lose its attack hitbox for 4 ticks
 - Midnight Pleasure animation (biting portion) slightly slowed down.
Re: "PotS style" Demitri Maximoff (Updated with new hi-res effects!!!)
#2  March 08, 2019, 05:40:01 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
But that ugly aura.
Welp, this one is as great as I expected. One of the better Pots style chars out there. Just one suggestion: I think it would be nicer if 360 was a bit more lenient (or maybe I'm a scrub and need to get better, ignore me in that case).
#3  March 08, 2019, 06:17:32 am
  • ?
Love this char! Thanks Jmorphman! Question, im trying to add004pie, er Shiyo Kakuge's lifebars but unable to convert. Keeps telling me Active X component can't create object. Has anyone had the similar issues?
#4  March 08, 2019, 07:26:26 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Now, "I would buy that for for a dollar."
#5  March 08, 2019, 09:20:24 am
    • USA
Love this char! Thanks Jmorphman! Question, im trying to add004pie, er Shiyo Kakuge's lifebars but unable to convert. Keeps telling me Active X component can't create object. Has anyone had the similar issues?
Hmm, I'm afraid I have absolutely no experience with add004, but I believe there is some kind of sff patching involved. Perhaps it isn't able to directly patch an sffv2? It might be worth testing whether the same problem arises with another character I did that also uses sffv2, Chun-Li? If the same error message pops up, then that might be the root of the problem.
#6  March 08, 2019, 03:51:54 pm
  • ?
Hmm, I'm afraid I have absolutely no experience with add004, but I believe there is some kind of sff patching involved. Perhaps it isn't able to directly patch an sffv2? It might be worth testing whether the same problem arises with another character I did that also uses sffv2, Chun-Li? If the same error message pops up, then that might be the root of the problem.

Ok, so I tried..
  • Chun-Li (Jmorphman)
  • Kyo(Jmorphman)
..with no luck,but with..
  • Guile(Jmorphman)
..the patch worked.

Edit: same error (Active X component can't create object.)
#7  March 08, 2019, 10:53:47 pm
Great to see Demitri being updated.
#8  March 08, 2019, 11:21:04 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
great work man.
#9  March 08, 2019, 11:42:53 pm
I always like your chars, the hitsparks system it´s so gorgeous. and the smart palette included in some chars give it a possibility to simulates a new costume.
#10  March 09, 2019, 02:03:26 am
THANKS!!GJ!!
#11  March 09, 2019, 03:25:22 am
    • USA
Ok, so I tried..
  • Chun-Li (Jmorphman)
  • Kyo(Jmorphman)
..with no luck,but with..
  • Guile(Jmorphman)
..the patch worked.

Edit: same error (Active X component can't create object.)
I downloaded the latest version of the patcher and tried it with Demitri, and I didn't seem to get any errors; perhaps there was an update that fixes this problem?