YesNoOk

500+ Double Resolution 240 x 280 PNG portraits. (Mugen 1.1 Only) (Read 4553 times)

Started by Eric The Nihilist, January 14, 2016, 01:26:39 pm
Share this topic:
500+ Double Resolution 240 x 280 PNG portraits. (Mugen 1.1 Only)
New #1  January 14, 2016, 01:26:39 pm
    • Canada
Howdy folks, So today I present over 500 double resolution standard style portraits for use in Mugen1.1 in the .png format. I've been working on this for a long time now, ever since I found out Mugen 1.1 could support png images with transparencies. I also included an equal amount of 50x50 png small ports as well.

The reason I made these was mainly so I could use 1.1 screen packs that have standard portrait sizes, but still take advantage of mugen 1.1's new graphical capabilities.

If you are going to use these there are a  couple things you have to take into consideration. First you'll have to reduce the portrait scale for every portrait value in your system.def file in half. If the scale value is 6, its now 3, if its 1, its now 0.5 ect. If you don't use the small ports than you would ignore the corresponding values obviously. Secondly is when you add the  ports you will have to convert the sff to the 1.1 format using fighter factory 3. To convert an sff to 1.1 and avoid any nasty pallet glitches I recommend following this guide on MugenFreeForAll by YugaCurry http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/20137-mugen-11-palette-problem/ 

This is a perpetual work in progress, so some of the ports need some work, but I've been sitting on this for way to long, so here  you go. Oh and I guess this is my first release of anything, so yay me I guess.

Samples in the Spoiler bar.
*Edit* - Imgur decided to drop the banhammer on mugen guild, so I've re-uploaded the samples using another host. Hopefully this one lasts more than a day.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cbqigr4tazolqcs/Mugen_double_res_port_pack.rar

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:31:24 am by Eric The Nihilist
Re: 500+ Double Resolution 240 x 280 PNG portraits. (Mugen 1.1 Only)
New #2  January 16, 2016, 06:00:05 am
  • animes are for pussies
    • Germany
good job dude :2thumbsup:

some few ports could maybe use a little more contrast, but that's just my personal preference.

your Adon pic:                                   same pic with a little more contrast:
->

--------------------

your ports fit perfectly to Noz' Legacy sp with standard portraits btw :cool3:

in any case keep up the good work :gugoi:
Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:31:38 pm by Gara