YesNoOk

Cody by Trololo Released (+Balrog Seriously Updated) (Read 40957 times)

Started by Trololo, February 25, 2020, 03:39:54 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Cody by Trololo Released (+Balrog Seriously Updated)
#61  March 02, 2020, 08:11:05 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
-Might have been omitted intentionally, but in SFA3 MAX you're actually able to hit the opponent with his normals after a Criminal Upper, not just Ruffian Kick. You can't connect with anything else after that, though.
You've got the point here. I've implemented that.

- Final Destruction should have heavy punch sounds on the initial hit and every punch after the jab infinite.
Well, have to admit, though, I like it like that much more. I guess, no one is going to object against little Mix-Up of Sounds for medium punches to sound like medium ones, right?

- On the topic of extra intros for Cody, any chance you could add his OG intro from the PSX port of Alpha 3? It's just the start-up for Bad Stone where he tosses them up in the air, I believe twice.
I'll check it later. If I'll like that intro, then maybe. But I kinda doubt I will.

- I think it'd be neat/funny when if you KO with Last Dread Dust, the opponent stayed stuck in the wall. I know that's not how it was in SFIV, but it'd be a cute little touch imo.
Well, while that WOULD be funny, I'm not really profound in K.O. and After-K.O. states. So, I can't really implement that yet.

- The jab infinite part of Final Destruction not having envshake, but like with the feedback I mentioned, I think the initial hit and every hit after the jab infinite should.
Already said that: I think it actually IS better like that. Trust me, the screen will be shaking TOO MUCH the way you suggest.

- EX Ruffian Kick and Bad Spray don't have envshake.
Now that requires a fix.

- If you whiff his air grab, the animation and sound will keep playing until he touches the ground again.
Another actually pretty serious problem. Hell, how did I miss that?

- EX Bad Stone uses the projectile sound instead of the heavy punch sound.
Fixed that. But I don't like how does it sound...

- Final Destruction can KO before the final punch.
I know that. And I know that's an inconsistency. But call that a Safeguard Measure. We're talking about MUGEN here, and sometimes Simul Battles might happen. It will be such a waste to have a Super Move that can be broken by some hit from the other party and getting his partner off the hook like that.
I'll definitely need to check how does this super works in Dramatic Battle...
At any rate, thanks for the feedback. Link if updated, once again.
#62  March 02, 2020, 08:32:57 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Nothing would "hurt" anything. Though I'm in the ball park of this:

Its a cool intro though, dunno if I would have added it being its someone else's own idea for their own chars.

I'm more in favor of people having their own unique ideas for them. It's what shows a author's own unique innovation, imagination, and collaboration with other authors. Though by all means, do w/e you feel.

Yeah in case you haven't noticed already, I'm a very "Why not add this?" guy.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#63  March 02, 2020, 08:35:57 am
  • Was it something I said?
I have that intro from Cody's H' set on my Maki, because I liked it, if that's anything to contribute.
#64  March 02, 2020, 10:46:11 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
For some reason after testing the update, I feel like the EX Criminal Upper is bugged. It no longer does 7 hits and is weaker than a normal one. This should no way be intentional as it only does a single hit and a waste of meter if the normal Criminal Upper does more. It was fine in the previous version, why was this changed?
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#65  March 02, 2020, 11:39:56 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Crap. A small mistake I've made while implementing Hurricane's Disappearance with getting hit.
And Knux, if that's the case, then sure, I'll add the Intro tomorrow. Can you reupload Maki with intro linked to my version too?
#66  March 03, 2020, 04:06:14 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
-Might have been omitted intentionally, but in SFA3 MAX you're actually able to hit the opponent with his normals after a Criminal Upper, not just Ruffian Kick. You can't connect with anything else after that, though.
You've got the point here. I've implemented that.
Important to note that SFA3 has a much looser juggle system than most other Street Fighter games (for example, Ken can juggle with a standing normal after an extremely meaty LP Shoryuken, which just seems nuts to me), and certainly looser compared to say, CvS2.
#67  March 03, 2020, 08:27:59 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
OK, I hope this will be the last reupload for a while...
Added intro against Knuckles8864's Maki. Now it's up to you to update your Maki to have an intro against my version of Cody, OK?
And JMM, I understand your concern. But I prefer to leave that extra juggle be. I think it will be enough to make sure that the damage of Normals in this condition will be dampened, making it less worthy to use.
P.S.: how can I @ at someone here? I'd like to get Knux pinged.
#68  March 03, 2020, 09:17:43 am
  • Was it something I said?
#69  March 03, 2020, 09:32:33 am
    • USA
P.S.: how can I @ at someone here? I'd like to get Knux pinged.

Not sure if this is the correct method, but this is how I do it.

@<insertusernamehere>: <---just like that
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#70  March 03, 2020, 10:54:04 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
The main word there was "HOPE", RagingRowen. Of course, if y'all find anything else to fix I'll rin to fix it. I just hope that's actually all for this version.
And thanks, both Knux and CozySquirtle. The intro works just fine and I'll test the ping later.
#71  March 03, 2020, 06:22:19 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Indeed, sorry to interrupt.
Nope, that's not gonna cut it. Pretty brazen of you, tbh. Have a 3 day timeout.

In the future, just PM people instead of derailing threads since you cannot help yourself.
#72  March 28, 2020, 03:14:39 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Feedback!!

M. Bison / Balrog - Didn’t really test him out. Really like his new move. I was thinking the level 2 version should make the opponent bounce from the wall or stun the opponent for a few seconds.

Cody - This version of Cody is EPIC! Just gotta fix a few things.

*A few Sprites. If no one is interested... I'll do it

*His dodge animation should be for parry. It should be like Varo_Hades version of Cody's dodge animation.

*The EX version of Ruffian kick...

LK. Idk... probably kick or stump the opponent while laying down

MK. Make the opponent bounce from the wall :mlol:

SK. Make the opponent go a little higher

Or extra range and damage

Both characters are great btw. You did a great job for lazy person. I don't think you're lazy though, you probably take long breaks like I do. Welcome back, dude!

May I PM you about SFA version of Ryu and Ken?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:37:18 am by Godlike Emerie
#73  March 28, 2020, 06:18:08 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
On the note of feedback, something that slipped my mind about Cody before: In Turns/Survival Mode, Cody can start moving and attacking before the round officially starts.
#74  March 28, 2020, 06:20:44 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Thanks for the message.
-About dodge: believe it or not, but Cody in SFA3 has 4 ANIMATIONS for dodge: 2 standing, 2 crouching. The one I used it a legit alternative to that mainstream version everyone else used, and I like it far more than that, it just looks cooler and actually unique since not EVERY character dodges attack TO the side of the screen, not FROM it.
-Also, I have to refuse the change of EX Ruffian Kick. As I already explained, the way it is in my character is the closest to the SSF4 version, and it has NO differentiation between versions, let alone Wall Bouncing. While I understand you all think it's a worthless EX, that's how it is. And the only change I would consider agreeing for right now is for SFV version, where the same LK-Like Ruffian connects into a second Kick.
-Sure thing, you can PM me.
-And about sprites: this Cody it, pretty much, complete. While I WOULD like to have some good SF4 Zonk Knuckle and REAL Last Dread Dust sprites for both SFFs, Cosy is already functional without them. If you're REALLY up to making the sprites though, I remind you: 2 SFFs. I don't need ANY of these moves for Jail Suit or Casual Suit only.
P.S.: about Boxer: if you're referring to Ultimate Screw Smash, then I'll have to disappoint you: the move isn't custom. It WAS in the games, and THAT'S exactly how it functions, with the only difference being visuals and, well, readaptation from f*cking Upwars Charge Super move to a simple Double Quarter Forward Super move.
;=====================[Edit]=======================
Thanks, Project.13. Uploaded fixed version already.
Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:30:09 am by Trololo
#75  March 31, 2020, 02:58:30 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
M.Bison / Balrog - Ohh... I never seen him do that before. Cool!

Cody - Alright. It's gonna take a long time. I have few questions...

01. Are we gonna be able to juggle with Zonk Knuckle?

02. Do you want me to add the ranch and pipe for Last Dread Dust? If so, want them to be CS'd?

03. Why you call yourself Lazy?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#76  March 31, 2020, 03:16:36 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#77  March 31, 2020, 03:34:12 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
-Well, if he does that in SF4, the "motherland" of this move, then yeah, juggles are in.
-Pal, you're a volunteer here. If you want to make sprites for proper Last Dread Dust, then yeah, I'll be glad to accept them, even not CSed. Just make sure for it to more or less follow the original's motions (yeah, I don't like how was handled wrench smacking in Infinite's SvK version) and that we need them for BOTH SFFs.
-As Speedpreacher said, that's not for this thread.
#78  April 06, 2020, 04:45:44 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
I'm sorry for Double-Posting but gotta bump the thread.
Some serious bugs were found in Cody. Redownload the fixed version.
#79  April 13, 2020, 01:23:14 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
Balrog error -Round doesn't end immediately when he's chip KO'ed.
#80  April 15, 2020, 08:20:38 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Fixed the problem with his Cheap K.O. and uploaded.