YesNoOk

Renamon reborn (Read 2204 times)

Started by benhazard, September 22, 2020, 04:20:47 PM
Share this topic:
Renamon reborn
#1  September 22, 2020, 04:20:47 PM
  • Some stuff, Skyrim, Doom, RE3, amateur pixelartist
I was absent for a long while (mainly modding Skyrim) but got time to continue this project left on dust.

retook from july, the primary goal is to upscale the Digimon Battle Spirit Renamon to standart size.
As posted in a lost post, the project is also a merge from GearFighterZeta and Tsunamidusher own versions.:

I will also redo C.V.S abstract Gouken to be closer to the CVS standart. (also get myself a tablet to not be stuck on MS paint.)

Re: Renamon reborn
#2  October 01, 2020, 07:02:58 AM
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
cool stuff bro, is it also supposed to have cvs-style gameplay?
#3  October 01, 2020, 04:24:57 PM
  • I wish you peace!
    • Brazil
You sprite work is beautiful! Congratulations!

DW

#4  October 02, 2020, 03:18:57 AM
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's good to see you return. Your sprite work is very impressive. I thought you already did a great job with refining Gouken, though maybe his scale is too big? At any rate, good luck, and I look forward to progress on Renamon and Gouken.
#5  October 11, 2020, 09:00:19 PM
Yes, the old Gouken was to big, (some animations where at divergent scales) so I will redo it more in line with the CVS scale.
my current intent is.:
  C.V.S Abstract Original         edit V2                            V3 Closer to CVS

I welcome to feedback. (Anything one may find to improve, etc)

redid a bit some of the Renamon frames, but with a good result, might fix some parts of the tail animation.:

Going to move to gethits, stun,minor transitions and post the progress here.
Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 09:04:04 PM by benhazard
#6  October 11, 2020, 09:57:14 PM
  • Slowly trying some POTS type stuff...
  • A.K.A. NED
Yes, the old Gouken was to big, (some animations where at divergent scales) so I will redo it more in line with the CVS scale.
my current intent is.:
  C.V.S Abstract Original         edit V2                            V3 Closer to CVS

redid a bit some of the Renamon frames, but with a good result, might fix some parts of the tail animation.:

I like the edit to look more like CVS size etc.

But I also think that he would look better without taking exact colors from Ryu and Akuma.
Perhaps they can be slightly adjusted.

One of the identity of characters is also their color scheme (even if palette variation exists, of course)

Many POTS projects in my head, I decided to go ahead and try stuffs by myself, even if it's average...
I'm NOT making Angel. If a skilled creator want to make a POTS version, I would gladly provide customs.
#7  October 11, 2020, 11:55:32 PM
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
The face is such a big improvement. It already was in your first version but it looks so much better now.
#8  October 12, 2020, 12:36:13 AM
  • Im just a CSer who is still learning
  • Amateur CSer
    • USA
Working on a Genjuro and Cham Cham CS
#9  October 14, 2020, 02:48:50 AM
my current intent is.:

I like the edit to look more like CVS size etc.

But I also think that he would look better without taking exact colors from Ryu and Akuma.
Perhaps they can be slightly adjusted.

One of the identity of characters is also their color scheme (even if palette variation exists, of course)

Yes, the current pallet I'm using as a guide to get closer to the final result, I want to reach. but I can attempt to set a new one, if sugesttions, (or ideias) for a matching pallete, for me to have a ideia to a ideal default color for gouken, as the older felt inadequate.

A basic example of what I felt it needed some fix. (incorrect proportions, etc)

I say the legs should be redone, so the legs are out more, as she looks to be strutting more than anything. But otherwise your doing an amazing job!

Yes, there is this weird effect. initially I wanted to give a "ninja" run foward by using Guy as a reference, but the result was weird.
I will make some adjust to if I manage to remove the strutting effect from the run movement.

revised some Renamon frames. added some minor missing. post later the end result.
Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 03:00:30 AM by benhazard

DW

#10  October 17, 2020, 04:16:36 AM
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Man, that is some awesome refining done to Gouken. Especially with the face I agree. Great work. I said before Idk much about Digimon, but Renamon is looking really great as well. Keep up the good work.
#11  October 20, 2020, 09:38:41 AM
  • Shogun of Mustafar
  • Long time no see every body.
    • USA
    • https://sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Just my feedback, but the tail for the walking back and running is odd looking, like its not looped correctly but that's just my opinion. Love the Gokuen you are working on too!
#12  October 20, 2020, 03:34:30 PM
  • Slowly trying some POTS type stuff...
  • A.K.A. NED
Your update is really awesome!
This work of pixel art is really fitting the CVS style.

I would have not "flatten" his shoulder this way. I prefered when it was "rounder". It looked better to me.
But other elements are just perfect!

Many POTS projects in my head, I decided to go ahead and try stuffs by myself, even if it's average...
I'm NOT making Angel. If a skilled creator want to make a POTS version, I would gladly provide customs.